PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The saddest part...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
... is no more football.

The pats losing is bad enough... but having to wait many months for then next football game...

sigh...

:bricks:

Does anyone else find baseball as BORING as I do? Can't stand to watch it....

... is no more football.

The pats losing is bad enough... but having to wait many months for then next football game...

sigh...

Baseball was my first love, beginning around age 10 when I went to my first Red Sox game, and Carl Yaz was my sports hero for about 4 years. Then I discovered that other sports are better, and over the years, more and more things (besides the game itself) began to turn me off about Major League Baseball. Now I can barely stand to talk about baseball, let alone watch a game. Football is my true love, basketball is a distant second, and (excepting any sport featuring scantily clad women), that's about it.

I was happy for the offseason until I realized that the season is now over. Now I'm already itching for next football season.. Thanks alot!

I gotta keep my focus on other things, but the itch creeping back in after under 24 hours probably doesn't bode well.

I was happy for the offseason until I realized that the season is now over. Now I'm already itching for next football season.. Thanks alot!

I gotta keep my focus on other things, but the itch creeping back in after under 24 hours probably doesn't bode well.

Glad to see ya back BF80. I knew you would feel better today. As this thread states, its not the loss, its the void. The lack of that something to fill our thoughts. Plus, there are two weeks of ball washing coming up on every sports show in the world. Which means time for Scrubs reruns.
I really don't feel jobbed by the refs as badly as I did after last year. I dont feel as let down by the team either. The guys were sick with the flu. After about 11/2 quarters all of our LBs were taking plays off, or at least it seemed it by the radio broadcast by Marv the Biter Albert. So what do you expect to happen? They gave it a shot, but Woods is a back up for a reason. Considering how this season started, this game was totally a bonus, and if our team hadn't been talking on the big white telephone all week, they wouldn't have fatigued like they did and they would have probably coasted to victory. Not too shabby considering how we went into the season. We will be back, though next year will be difficult considering the schedule and the next round of rebuilding we will go through. Keep the faith, and lets go get some linebackers and db's!

With the Celtics sucking and the Pats done I guess its time to actually listen to my wife. On second thought ....

... is no more football.

sigh...

The upside of that for me is no more WEEI until next August. When once again I'll struggle to hear some Pats talk amongst the Red Sox talk.

Hey BF80, I hope you've come round to realizing you're here to stay. (But yeah, if you have a music career focus, sure, maybe power down the amount of time etc.)

Just cut back to half a pack a day.

PFnV

The only thing that will make me feel better is watching Jack Bauer blow some crap up tonight.

I was always a huge baseball fan but after the Red Sox won in 2004, I don't care as much.

The Red Sox had a few idiots on that team even though they won and what they did was amazing. But they pale in comparison to the Patriots who are the epitomy of a champion. The still feel like the only reason the Red Sox won is because the Pats showed them how it was done.

I think I have just lost a lot of respect for baseball players over the years when compared to football players. When you think about it, baseball players are wimps when compared to football players who are true gladiators that leave it all on the field. Not to mention the enormous amount of preparation and technique that goes into football.

The Red Sox win was big for my Dad (80 yrs old) so that meant a lot to me. But at least in my heart, even the 3rd Pats SB win meant more than the Red Sox win. Maybe its just because they do it "the right way" and are a true team.

I think we can gen up a bunch of ridiculous FA and draft scenarios to keep us all busy over the next 6 months!

... is no more football.

sigh...

I can't figure why anyone would want to fight Boston traffic, sit in a cramped overpriced seat just to watch overpaid undisciplined players do their thing. Since the players union took over baseball is a joke.

Baseball was my first love, beginning around age 10 when I went to my first Red Sox game, and Carl Yaz was my sports hero for about 4 years. Then I discovered that other sports are better, and over the years, more and more things (besides the game itself) began to turn me off about Major League Baseball. Now I can barely stand to talk about baseball, let alone watch a game. Football is my true love, basketball is a distant second, and (excepting any sport featuring scantily clad women), that's about it.

This is exactly my story. How can baseball be people's #1 sport? Football is the sport where players and coaches put 100% of their effort and concentration into. As a fan, it allows me to put all of my heart behind the team, especially one like the Pats. I just can't say that about any other sport. Can't others see that too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots