PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The saddest part

Status
Not open for further replies.

slash83

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
We could not even enjoy the game for a couple minutes, my heart sunk after a measly 13 seconds into the game and never recovered or had much hope after that. Just disappointing when you think about it...

I was excited all week....ugh

what a waste of an emotion

After super bowl 42, nothing surprises me anymore. That was the worst feeling ever as a sports fan. I couldn't sleep for weeks after that loss and I don't even play for the team. As for today, my expectations for the Pats were pretty low so this loss didn't bother me.

Last edited:
Once the lead was cut to 27-14 I really felt like we were right in it, then immediately Ghost line drives it for some unkown reason and our coverage team makes one of the upmen look like Devin Hester of '06. If there was any chance to put any kind of legit pressure on Baltimore and get the crowd into it that was it and that ended quick.

After super bowl 42, nothing surprises me anymore. That was the worst feeling ever as a sports fan. As for today, my expectations for the Pats were pretty low so this loss didn't bother me.

agree, nothing will ever come close to that feeling. I was pissed and depressed for weeks. I'm pissed now, but this wont phaze me one bit.

SB 42 was like your entire extended family dying in a horrible plane crash two days before Christmas

This game was like your cat getting run over

Last edited:
We could not even enjoy the game for a couple minutes, my heart sunk after a measly 13 seconds into the game and never recovered or had much hope after that. Just disappointing when you think about it...

The SB loss to G-men was far far far far worse feeling.

I can live with this loss because honestly this team was not good all year. Yea they were 10-6 but last year's 11-5 with MC at QB was much better "team" than this, and I include COACHING in the TEAM.

Defensively this team is a shell of itself. They overestimated the losses of Bru, Vrabel, Rodney etc

They lost, oh well....

They overestimated the losses of Bru, Vrabel, Rodney etc

They lost, oh well....

I don't get that overestimated part ...

How do we know this?

How would he replace them on short notice.

Vrabel did squat this year and i believe Bruschi would have done the same.

I think rodney could have played 1 more year ... he chose better health instead.

I think being out of it from the git-go made it easier for me. At least there was no kick in the nads at the end of the game. I feel good for some reason.

I think being out of it from the git-go made it easier for me. At least there was no kick in the nads at the end of the game. I feel good for some reason.

Heh, I don't feel good but I don't feel horrible at the same time. I'm thinking of all the stuff we need to get done in the offseason. If anything, I feel productive.

Agreed. Losing by a field goal would hurt more.

I honestly felt ok after getting a little perspective:

AFC East Champs.
Considering the pure chaos of this season (loss of Josh/Pioli/Numerous Vets/Brady's return) this is an acceptable accomplishment for many fans around the NFL. I think we overhauled the D and have more work to do, but this is an acceptable result of a season that teetered on the brink numerous times. A lot of these young players will be much better next year.

There's much to be done, but to have such a massive shift and still win the division - I'm ok with it.

Its always somewhat easier for me to take a loss when they're never in it. Had this game unfolded like the Indy game where the entire team melts in the second half I would have been much more animated. I didn't have high expectations for this team beyond this week. Just didn't see how they would match up against the Chargers.

After super bowl 42, nothing surprises me anymore. That was the worst feeling ever as a sports fan. I couldn't sleep for weeks after that loss and I don't even play for the team. As for today, my expectations for the Pats were pretty low so this loss didn't bother me.

I may be a weird one but I lost more sleep after the 06 AFCCG in Indy. That game still bothers me to this day. There was something in the sequence of events during that last Giants drive in SB42 that made me feel like the Pats were fighting something that was not of this world and I just felt that whatever it was there was no way to beat it. That whole "Eli sacked-not a sack-hail mary desperation pass- HTF did Tyree catch that" play was unnatural.

The Indy loss felt more mortal to me and it bugged me for months. The way that game was stolen was a major nutkick.

I may be a weird one but I lost more sleep after the 06 AFCCG in Indy. That game still bothers me to this day. There was something in the sequence of events during that last Giants drive in SB42 that made me feel like the Pats were fighting something that was not of this world and I just felt that whatever it was there was no way to beat it. That whole "Eli sacked-not a sack-hail mary desperation pass- HTF did Tyree catch that" play was unnatural.

The Indy loss felt more mortal to me and it bugged me for months. The way that game was stolen was a major nutkick.

Heh. After Tyree caught that pass, I said aloud to my friends, "The football gods have it in for us. We are just not meant to win this game".

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes