The Ryan Family Tree...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoLewisrocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
...is apparently a nut bearing tree.

Curious comment from Browns defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, who was either buttering up new boss Eric Mangini or taking a dig at his old boss Belichick, on his time with the Patriots as linebackers coach (2000-03): “I think [Mangini] had probably more to do with us having success in New England than probably anybody except Tom Brady.’’

Secondary was primary - The Boston Globe

Well Mangini did have some great succes with the Pats.

LOL. What a joke...he is just saying that because he's working under Mangini right now in Cleveland. That really is a dumb statement. I'm sure he helped a lot, but there were many other people who meant more to that SB winning organization, than a freakin DB coach.

Last edited:
...is apparently a nut bearing tree.

Secondary was primary - The Boston Globe

Well, no one ever accused a Ryan of saying smart things to the press. Not only is this a dig at Belichick, but a dig at Crennel, Weis, and about a dozen other players who obviously had more to do with the Pats' winning three Super Bowls than a defensive backs coach. Mangini did do wonderful things in 2004 with a patchwork secondary (at least at CB), but seriously do you think he did more than Belichick, Romeo, or Charlie? Or Seymour? Harrison? Bruschi? Vrabel? Phifer? Troy? Dillon? etc.

In the same week we learn Rex has dyslecia, we learn Rob is ******ed.

Where does Bob Ryan fit into this tree? :D

Well Mangini did have some great succes with the Pats.

So did the office assistant. Mangini was DC for one year and it was the worst defense of the Super Bowl era.

i am willing grudgingly to grant that Mangenius was a good to very good DC for arguably the greatest defensive mind the game has ever known, Bill Belichick. the transition to HC is another matter altogether and so far it's not looking good for the Rat.

Last edited:
Yesterday I had a dental appointment and in the waiting room I was looking through the latest issue of Sports Illustrated. The only football-related article in the issue was about the Ryan family, so I started reading it. You know how they say "You learn something new every day"? Well from that article I learned that Rob and Rex are twins, which I had not known before.

It was also stated in the article that the twins worked under the old man when he was the HC in Arizona and 1) anybody who suggests that their hiring was in any way due to nepotism will get an earful of profanities, and 2) the brothers are now seeking revenge (through tough defensive play) on teams that passed them over for HC jobs in the past.

I guess revenge can be a good motivator, but the way these guys talk about it, I'd refer to the late Reggie White: "I think you need to find a healthier way to deal with your anxieties."

I guess revenge can be a good motivator, but the way these guys talk about it, I'd refer to the late Reggie White: "I think you need to find a healthier way to deal with your anxieties."
What could be healthier than coaching for the NYJ and Cleveburgh Browns? :yeeha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back