PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Rumor to Make All Sox Fans Drool

Not gonna happen. We just traded for Adrian Gonzalez. If we're going to spend money or assets, I want to get a young ace pitcher. Felix Rodriguez would be my target.
Yanks will give Pujols 350m anyways. There's nobody who can compete with their deep pockets when they feel like getting into the race.

I assume you mean Felix Hernandez?

If so, he will require assets and money, as he would only be available via trade -- they signed him to a 5- or 6-year deal just a year or 2 ago.

If so, he will require assets and money, as he would only be available via trade -- they signed him to a 5- or 6-year deal just a year or 2 ago.

The Red Sox are also on his no-trade clause.

The Red Sox are also on his no-trade clause.

I saw that, but I don't think it means he doesn't want to pitch here -- I think it was a broad clause, with a lot of high payroll teams (ie, those likely to trade for him). I think it was just giving him more leverage in case of a potential deal -- which means higher $$$.

Right, the ace pitcher for the Mariners. Josh Beckett also cost us valuable assets a few years back. But he brought us a championship banner in return. Ace pitching is well worth the price. The Phillies are favored to win it all this year because despite having a loaded rotation, they decided to add Cliff Lee to the mix. We're going to have to match that level of pitching in the postseason if we're going to put up another championship in Beantown. Merely 1-upping the Yankees is not enough anymore. We have to arm this team with an eye down the road into the playoffs as well.

Last edited:
Right, the ace pitcher for the Mariners. Josh Beckett also cost us valuable assets a few years back. But he brought us a championship banner in return. Ace pitching is well worth the price. The Phillies are favored to win it all this year because despite having a loaded rotation, they decided to add Cliff Lee to the mix. We're going to have to match that level of pitching in the postseason if we're going to put up another championship in Beantown. Merely 1-upping the Yankees is not enough anymore. We have to arm this team with an eye down the road into the playoffs as well.

Sure -- a guy like Hernandez would be great to add to the team.

But prospects + $ for Hernandez isn't inherently better than $ for Pujols just because it's pitching.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back