PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The roster has changed a lot! Claim your binky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
See my sig., this guy has been my binkie since he was drafted. He reminded me of my favorite player of all time.

Bethel Johnson and Chad Jackson.

Rook: Hernandez
Soph: Edelman

I will take Fletcher and Woodie.

Aaron Hernandez. But it's hard to not like Woodhead. :D

Cunningham, Chung, McCourty, Brown... so many to choose from. What can I say, I love watching a talented and versatile defense; there's nothing better about football than watching Belichick mind**** opposing QBs and OCs

Last edited:
Aaron Hernandez. But it's hard to not like Woodhead. :D

Well, if we are counting Woodhead as a 1st or 2nd year guy (isn't this his third year?), I'll take him as well!

Last edited:
McCourty, Cunningham and Gronk.

McCourty and Hernandez...and Seabass :D

Last edited:
Damn, can't I just pick them all? I mean really, anyone of these guys could become something special: McCourty, Gronk, Hernandez, Spikes, Cunningham, Mesko, Deadrick, Woodhead, Chung, Edelman, and even players like, Sergio, Fletcher and you can't count out Butler yet.

Cunningham was my Binky even before the draft! Forced to choose another one it would have to be another UF player, Hernandez or Spikes.

<---- See the byline under my username.

I changed that byline the week of the Dolphins game before he went off, then heard that line repeatedly* during postgame highlights.

Regards,
Chris

* I know it's not the most original, but still.

I'll go for brown and fletcher,
always like to see undrafted guys contributing to the team.
Also like spikes, think he is going to be a stud

Woodhead, and Crable

The term binky (aka, something you suck) is the most annoying term ever....

Neither do most of the posters.

A "binkie" is a player who we as individuals expect to perform considerbaly more than the expectations of others. He is usually a rookie chosen and posted about in Training Camp. Also, many of us have draft binkies, players who we as individuals rate higher than others. Maybe some folks think of Chung (almost a first rounder) and McCourty as all-pros this year. For me, Chung and McCourty are performing within a normal range for when they were drafted and how they were evaluated. They were certainly successful choices, but IMHO not "binkies". For me, binkies are off the radar type players.

A couple of examples of sucessful binkies from 2010 were Edelman and Vollmer.

Sergio Brown, Fletcher, and Deaderick are certainly successful binkies this year. Even Love is a succeful binkie, in that very, very few picked him to make the 53.

IMHO, I could see Crable and Ninkovich as binkies. No one expected much of them this year. Arrington is another. If someone thought that Arrington would be a starter or even the regular nickel, I gives kudos to those posters, posters who chose Arrington in camp.

For me, it another exercize to choose your favorite rookie or favorite 2nd year player, or even favorite obscure player who stepped up.
==========================
My personal choice in the 2010 draft and early camp was DEADERICK. We really, really needed a real DE. I think that he has a reasonable pick anytime after the end of theird round. However, once Lewis was brought in, I didn't even expect Deaderick to make the 53.

2009 is sort of hindsight for me for. Certainly VOLLMER was a pick I really liked because I thought we needed (and need) OL help. Most didn't think much of VOllmer, although some analysts did rate him highly.
============
I don't get the whole "binky" thing :confused:

Last edited:
The term binky (aka, something you suck) is the most annoying term ever....

Why so pessimistic Pete? Binky is really just a term for anything kids don't want to let go. It started with blankets, but then someone made a brand of pacifiers with the same name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes