Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Roots of Ron Pauls Rage...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Dec 21, 2011.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +519 / 14 / -28

While there are those on the right who want to deify the flavor of the week, upon closer inspection he raises some interesting issues that may not prove to be palatable to the american voter. His support over at Strormfront is interesting, and have received a campaign donation from Don Black the owner of that site may become a heavy burden.. he did not return it.

His views have been around for a while now, so there is a lot of information available. The below is attributed to him and his newsletter, Paul's response was "everyone knows that I did not write it."

http://www.tnr.com/sites/default/files/November1992.pdf

Some comments about Boris Spaasky

Then of course there are the comments about Jews that Fischer, even thought he was a jew, that Paul calls this politically incorrect..

2. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +519 / 14 / -28

Ron Paul went wild with his rage on CNN yesterday, when queried about his "newsletter" in the 90's.. he walked out, and said he never read his newsletter.. even though he made a lot of cash off of it.

And of course he goes to page 1 of the playbook of the right, the media is responsible for his behavior.. lets all play victim and whine.

Rep. Ron Paul Gets Irked By Newsletter Questions, Walks Out Of CNN Interview | Mediaite

3. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

i see the arguments as valid, both for and against the man.

"against" because he'll sever social services almost to the bone... and he'll do so during a time they'll be more needed than ever as the EU implodes and more U.S. municipalities grow insolvent.

"for" because he'll gut the defense budget, and put a stop (or at least a cessation) to the paranoid fascist police state we're rapidly becoming.

ultimately for me, until I hear more about his energy plan, i'm undecided on him... if Paul thinks the free market will just seamlessly solve the energy crisis on its own without government help, he's more of an idiot than i'd ever have guessed. Or he just doesn't understand - or accept - what we face. That's a very scary position to take for the leader of the "free" world, as we witness the world's spare capacity drawing down to a drip.

I'm not naive. I get why we spend 660+ billion dollars each year on the military. The defense budget is the only part of government that keeps getting a raise, and that is because its main function (for decades) is to keep bringing the oil safely home to all Western nations. NATO's geostrategy is absolutely ALL about energy, and that's why the Pentagon budget remains so bloated during a time of profound austerity already. ... Paul doesn't agree that it should be that way. He wants to close a lot of bases. That would usher in a major change to how the world oil pie gets divied up. I do hope Paul understands that the "drill baby drill" mantra is quite hollow ... Because any way you slice it, this continent does not have the reserves, nor the production capacity to cut imports very much at all. It's basic arithmetic, and that is the plain truth to anyone looking at the EIA's own data of flow rates on these various "heavy oil alternatives."

I like a lot of what Ron Paul says... But with "them" likely holding Congress, a Paul presidency would most definitely shock the system, ... the problem is I'm not sure this country is healthy enough to survive the surgery, and may not come out of anesthesia. The surgery I speak of would be cutting the cord to multi-national investment banks. Because make no mistake about it: when the next Lehman happens (BofA? Deutsche?), if it comes under a Paul presidency? It's domino time.

As for the racism dart they keep trying to pin on him, not buyin' it. At least not at this point. ... He was a fool to not take his name off that publication, sure, but I don't believe the man is racist. (though I'll admit his uptight reaction in "Bruno" was priceless).

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +351 / 15 / -11

More on the real Ron Paul. It's pretty darn humorous what a pathetic bunch of losers are Paul, Bachmann, Gingrich, and Santorum. I think the Tea Party, with it's mostly ignorant leaders and followers is dying the death it deserves--one humiliation after another. Of course, that doesn't mean it's dead, but it's exposed as a political sham of ignorant, racist, bitter angry white people. Watching those losers vote for Romney will be a pleasure.

In ad for newsletter, Ron Paul forecast "race war" - Yahoo! News

A direct-mail solicitation for Ron Paul's political and investment newsletters two decades ago warned of a "coming race war in our big cities" and of a "federal-homosexual cover-up" to play down the impact of AIDS.

The eight-page letter, which appears to carry Paul's signature at the end, also warns that the U.S. government's redesign of currency to include different colors - a move aimed at thwarting counterfeiters - actually was part of a plot to allow the government to track Americans using the "new money."

Among other things, the articles called the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. a "world-class philanderer," criticized the U.S. holiday bearing King's name as "Hate Whitey Day," and said that AIDS sufferers "enjoy the attention and pity that comes with being sick."

5. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

Well, if even true, then I guess you need to decide what issue you hold more pressing:

- allegations of racism

vs.

- bloated defense spending and the status quo on Wall St.

Because love him or hate him, he's absolutely the only candidate out there willing to finally change the way money works in this rotting country. Obama surely isn't. Just look at all the Bush League holdovers in the financial sector, among other evidence.

6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +519 / 14 / -28

7. Gainzo

Gainzo In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +54 / 1 / -2

#11 Jersey

Ron Paul isn't a racist. He made the mistake of letting newsletters go out under his name for a long time.

I agree 100% on some of Ron Paul's statements but I also 100% disagree on some of his other statements. He is a non-starter for me.

Give me Jon Huntsman any day of the week.

8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +306 / 9 / -12

Paul is an old Libertarian not a Conservative or Tea Party member. A West is a Tea Partier, if you look at the polling Paul doesn't attract many Tea Partiers, they are going to Gingrich.

Paul admitted years earlier writing the rants in his hideous newsletters.

http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/ar...-offer-am.html

9. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

I call bull****.

Your link is dead.... Post better.

10. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +306 / 9 / -12

11. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +107 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

Newt Gingrich sucks! If the tea party goes with that insider a**hole than they have become irrelevant, by their own doing. Give me Mitt Romney(gasp) or Ron Paul any day over that POS! Newt Gingrich has a less than ZERO percent chance of winning a general election, what a ******* fraud.

12. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

OK, that's still not proof that he wrote them, something he still denies.

At least one publication concludes that he didn't write them, but should still acknowledge the author...

Who Wrote Ron Paul's Newsletters?

Libertarian movement veterans, and a Paul campaign staffer, say it was "paleolibertarian" strategist Lew Rockwell

In interviews with Reason, a half-dozen longtime libertarian activists—including some still close to Paul—all named the same man as Paul's chief ghostwriter: Ludwig von Mises Institute founder Llewellyn Rockwell, Jr.

Financial records from 1985 and 2001 show that Rockwell, Paul's congressional chief of staff from 1978 to 1982, was a vice president of Ron Paul & Associates, the corporation that published the Ron Paul Political Report and the Ron Paul Survival Report. The company was dissolved in 2001. During the period when the most incendiary items appeared—roughly 1989 to 1994—Rockwell and the prominent libertarian theorist Murray Rothbard championed an open strategy of exploiting racial and class resentment to build a coalition with populist "paleoconservatives," producing a flurry of articles and manifestos whose racially charged talking points and vocabulary mirrored the controversial Paul newsletters recently unearthed by The New Republic.

It wouldn't surprise me if a Texas Republican was a blatant racist, no matter how well-spoken and protective of U.S. citizen's rights as he is today. Still, as I said a few posts earlier, a person has to pick his poison. And the truth is, Paul is the only candidate willing to challenge the system.

13. Patters

Ratings:
    +351 / 15 / -11

Allegations of racism? Wake up! His newsletters have been out there for a long time, but neither the liberal nor conservative media would seriously look at the issue until Ron Paul became a threat in Iowa. Obviously, both the Gingrich and Romney camps had an interest in drawing attention to this issue. And, you know what? They're right. Ron Paul's newsletters have long been an issue, and he's being exposed for exactly what liberals have all along feared about Libertarianism. Let the bubble be burst and wake up to the fact that for at least American citizens of color and gays racism and homophobia are worse than bloated defense spending and Wall Street status quo.

14. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

read my post above, and wake up.

Regardless, in this political season of horrible candidates, it looks like you'd rather stick with the status quo that is leading us down the path to ruin over a guy who "might" have been racist 20 years ago.

Cool.

15. Patters

Ratings:
    +351 / 15 / -11

Paul campaign: Ron Paul didn't write advertising letter predicting "race war" - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

On Thursday, USA Today reported that Paul told the Dallas Morning News in 1996 that the claim in the newsletters that 95 percent of black men in Washington, D.C., "are semi-criminal or entirely criminal" was accurate.

Citing a 1992 study, he said, "[g]iven the inefficiencies of what DC laughingly calls the criminal justice system, I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal."

And on Friday, the Huffington Post reported a 1987 interview in which Paul said he had worked on newsletters while away from public office in addition to practicing medicine, though that was before the most inflammatory material appeared in newsletters under his name.

"I also put out an investment type of letter because I've always been always fascinated with the hard money school, and been interested in the gold standard, so I put out an investment letter along those lines," he told C-SPAN.

16. Patters

Ratings:
    +351 / 15 / -11

He was a racist, and a terrible one at that. And libertarianism gives businesses the right to discriminate and states the right to discriminate. You take that for granted. I see a guy with a history of bigoted comments wanting to install a government that legalizes discrimination.

At this point, I think our best option is to press Obama and the Democrats to act like progressive liberals.

That said, I suppose it's conceivable that Gary Johnson, who, based on what I know, should be more to your and ilikehappypeople's liking than Ron Paul, could become a more serious contender. And, frankly, if Johnson gets popular, I will make a more serious attempt to understand his libertarian platform, which has a lot of things I genuinely like.

Gary Johnson 2012

Gary Johnson Comes Out in Favor of Gay Marriage - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

17. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +306 / 9 / -12

Actually I like G Johnson, wish he were more vaible as a candidate.

18. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +306 / 9 / -12

Gingrich an insider? I guess you haven't been following the scorched earth campaign conducted against Gingrich by the pubbie establishment.

He is getting Tea Party support based on his platform and performance in the debates. Romney is a lib Obama lite if you will. Paul has never been appealing to the Tea Party due to his foreign policy and now his racist past. Too bad since some of his small gov stuff is pretty good.

19. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +306 / 9 / -12

Yeah he published and makes lots of $$$$ from a newsletter and claims no awareness of the vile nature of the articles.

Does a lot for your credibility. More perceptive than you analysis of energy issues too....:singing:

20. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

Perhaps, but you're still declaring fact (quite triumphantly) based on allegation. There's no video evidence, no corroboration. If I stamp your name to a communist-friendly post here on patsfans.com, does that make you a communist?

OK, but the kinds of viable progressive candidates I'd ever support? Usually end up dead (Wellstone).

Ironically, it is interesting Lew Rockwell (of LewRockwell.com) - acknowledged racist throughout the thread - has been quoted on this forum dozens of times by cons here.

At the very least, I will agree with you that Paul shouldn't be chumming around with a guy like that.