PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The root of the BB/Mangini discord

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
was not mangini joining the jets. just wanted to get this in because all these networks are running this theory. it got worse after the branch stuff and then spygate. For the record ,this is what BB said when mangini left and even mangini mentioned at that time that BB was very +ve abt the move
Patriots name Dean Pees as Defensive Coordinator

After the Jets formally announced the hiring of Eric Mangini as their new head coach, Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick offered the following comments:

"For over a decade, I had the pleasure of working with Eric Mangini, who is an outstanding coach and an even finer individual. I will always appreciate Eric's contributions. I value our friendship and look forward to supporting Eric's commitment to youth football in the future. Eric worked his way from the most entry-level position to a position of great responsibility during several successful seasons. The opportunity Eric has now earned is truly an example of good things happening to a good, hard-working person and I wish him well
this is definitely not a PR type quote although ESPN etc just ignore it.

was not mangini joining the jets. just wanted to get this in because all these networks are running this theory. it got worse after the branch stuff and then spygate. For the record ,this is what BB said when mangini left and even mangini mentioned at that time that BB was very +ve abt the move

Of course they will ignore it. No one will believe that it was BB who said it.

They will think it is a PR quote to attempt to settle the differences between the coaches.

After Spygate, I have no use for that jerk. I don't care what BB said back then. At the time, he didn't know that his so called friend was a backstabbing scumbag. I don't think that BB considers this snake a friend anymore, IMHO, of course.

The root of the BB/Ratgini fued is not that he took the Jets job, it was that Ratgini tried to pilfer Patriots players and coaches on his way out the door. That is what enraged BB, as it should have, a guy gives you a job, builds you up from literally nothing, and the first chance you get, you try to stab him in the back.

the problem is with the longstanding notion that you don't promote to HC within the division..........there's just too much that can be taken from one team to the next that can cause the exact kinds of problems that were caused........if you go back in time, you'd be hard-pressed to find any other coordinators that have become head coaches within the same division.......just a long-standing custom.......it makes sense, too......

Mangini didn't care........and still doesn't........the proof will be when he tries to land another job in the NFL.........

The root of the BB/Ratgini fued is not that he took the Jets job, it was that Ratgini tried to pilfer Patriots players and coaches on his way out the door. That is what enraged BB, as it should have, a guy gives you a job, builds you up from literally nothing, and the first chance you get, you try to stab him in the back.

Bingo! And the little rat's been backstabbing him ever since:mad:

EDIT: I'm SO sick of the friggin Jests and we haven't even played the game yet. The Pats really need to win this one...

Last edited:
Can't remember where I heard this, but what I heard was that BB saw this coming (i.e. the Jesters offering Mangenius their HC job), sat down with him and said, "I will personally recommend you to any of the other 30 teams in the league, just don't go to the Jets." Which would mean he didn't mind Mangenius going to Miami or Buffalo, just not NYJ.

But I agree with FTW, I'm sure BB could live with Mangenius going there if it was inevitable, but trying to take coaches, players and playbooks with him were unforgivable.

usually head coaches do not allow their coordinators to interview with division rivals. mangini did it despite knowing that he was going to our most bitter rival. i heard he took our playbook too. heck, bb does not care if one of his coordinators gets a HC job somewhere else - as long as it is not another AFC East team. RAC left for cleveland, where they absolutely hated BB, and BB was happy for crennel.

usually head coaches do not allow their coordinators to interview with division rivals. mangini did it despite knowing that he was going to our most bitter rival. i heard he took our playbook too. heck, bb does not care if one of his coordinators gets a HC job somewhere else - as long as it is not another AFC East team. RAC left for cleveland, where they absolutely hated BB, and BB was happy for crennel.

Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weiss are Honorable MEN. That jerk in New York has no honor.

i heard he took our playbook too.

Actually he never took the playbook. He was caught red handed taking the playbook and patriot laptops out of Gillette. He was then locked out of Patriot headquarters.

RAC and Dimetrov where never locked out - cus they left with class.

Nick Saban went to Miami yet he and BB remained on good terms. Manjudas pulled a Walshie on BB, that's why he's slime.

Nick Saban went to Miami yet he and BB remained on good terms. Manjudas pulled a Walshie on BB, that's why he's slime.

EXACTLY, and that scumbag had the nerve to publicly complain to the media about that fact too.

Actually he never took the playbook. He was caught red handed taking the playbook and patriot laptops out of Gillette. He was then locked out of Patriot headquarters.

Jets' HC is not a main reason for a bad relationship between Rat and B. I knew that it had to be more than that. Thank you for letting me know 'more'.;)

Last edited:

EXACTLY!! RAC, Dimetrov and Weiss will be welcome back ANYTIME, IMO.

Last edited:
Our guys need to kick his * tonight:rocker:

Yeah that's like giving your right hand man your blessing to compete in business against you, and he tries stealing clients and supplies on his way out!

From what I heard he took all the Patriots documents. Chad mentioned that he was given the Patriots book on him and it helped him greatly. I also heard that the Patriots still have manginas belongings from the stadium and won’t return them till he returns what he stole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back