PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The "Rondo thought about football" story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Rajon Rondo Thought Of Joining NFL | ThePostGame

Frankly, that sounds as if there was a violation of lockout rules. On the other hand, it's a violation of stupid rules and, more to the point, it's the kind of violation that only led to fines, rather than to accusations of cheating.
Rondo went as far as speaking with head coach Bill Belichick about his secret plan.

"I was actually serious, I talked to coach Belichick about that but I had a contract already with the Celtics so it didn't work out," Rondo told ABC.

Last edited:
He does have crazy speed and huge hands.

A punk with a diva attitude. Sounds perfect for the WR job ....as long as nobody hits him. Rondo is one of biggest drama queens in the NBA. Just look at him the wrong way and he's on the floor writhing in pain. :rolleyes:

A punk with a diva attitude. Sounds perfect for the WR job ....as long as nobody hits him. Rondo is one of biggest drama queens in the NBA. Just look at him the wrong way and he's on the floor writhing in pain. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't go to that extreme, but his (lack of) durability is a reason I wouldn't put him high on my list of NBA players who might actually make it in the NFL.

Rajon Rondo Thought Of Joining NFL | ThePostGame

Frankly, that sounds as if there was a violation of lockout rules. On the other hand, it's a violation of stupid rules and, more to the point, it's the kind of violation that only led to fines, rather than to accusations of cheating.

Why would it be a violation of anything?
NFL teams were not restricted from talking to NBA players while they were locked out.

when Hipster was asked about this at halftime he basically said Rondo would suck...but in a politically correct way of course.

Yeah, lots of sissies play contact and/or collision sports with dislocated elbows.

Yeah, lots of sissies play contact and/or collision sports with dislocated elbows.

Due to a dirty take down by Wade if I recall.

rajon-rondo-dislocated-elbow.jpg

Last edited:

I'm more concerned by the playoff game against Cleveland where he was hammered by Shaq and then didn't play as effectively.

Rondo is a professional athlete, a lot tougher than you or me, and of average or (more likely) better toughness for the sport he plays. But I don't think he's built to take football hits.

I've never understood why someone thinks that because they are among the best in the world at one thing, that they will be among the best in the world at something else that is completely different. I like Rondo a lot because I am a Celtics fan, but please get that ego in check. Not sure he would be interested in football much after taking a shot from Polamolu coming at him 100% anyways...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes