Welcome to PatsFans.com

The right's double standard

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +597 / 24 / -19

Of course, the right wing got all up in arms when the Dixie Chicks made some mild comments, but where are they when Ted Nugent makes threatening, sexist, perverse comments about Obama and Hillary? Of course, they get up all self-righteous when it comes to Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, but what do they say about Ted? The only thing I'll say for right wing extremists is that they proudly wear their bigotry and hate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXRxdZIGce4

Nugent: I was in Chicago last week I said, "Hey Obama, you might want to suck on one of these, you punk?" Obama, he’s a piece of **** and I told him to suck on one of my machine guns. Let’s hear it for them. I was in New York and I said, "Hey Hillary, you might want to ride one of these into the sunset you worthless *****." Since I’m in California, I’m gonna find Barbara Boxer she might wanna suck on my machine guns. Hey, Dianne Feinstein, ride one of these you worthless whore.

2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +471 / 13 / -14

Maybe you start a boycott of Ted Nugent by libs. I won't care and I'm guessing Ted N won't care either and start whining like the Chicks did.

3. Patters

Ratings:
    +597 / 24 / -19

I don't think the Dixie Chicks whined. They simply said what was on their minds, and then when their right wings fans whined, the Dixie Chicks simply left, and decided they didn't want to associate with right wing lowlifes.

4. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Well, I think I should point out that nobody takes Ted Nugent seriously. He's pretty much just a lunatic, and if it weren't the ravings of a madman I'd be outraged by those comments. As it is, all I can say is there goes crazy Ted again. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton on the other hand are taken seriously by millions of people, so any offensive or incorrect things they might say deserve much more attention.

5. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +471 / 13 / -14

They did whine about their fans not buying their stuff after they 'spoke out'. Again you and others are free to do what you want. Don't like Nugent? Don't buy his records or attend his concerts. Easy it's a free country. If Nugent complains about people not buying his stuff it's his problem.

6. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Who is Ted Nugent??

Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,152 / 5 / -10

Freedom-- Constitution
    Civil Liberties
    Rights--Rights
    God Bless America

We aren't going to complain, let the Liberal Lefty's complain, hey Lefty's BOYCOTT Nugent :bricks:

8. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +584 / 52 / -9

#75 Jersey

First off, Ted was in Chicago, and not London.....

Secondly Ted's fans ABSOULTELY LOVED HIS COMMENTS!!!!!

The Dixie Chicks shot themselves in the head with their country music fans, they are only living on hate now.

9. Patters

Ratings:
    +597 / 24 / -19

And you think Ted is living on love? His comments were certainly worse than anything the Dixie Chicks ever said.

Also, the Dixie Chicks are awfully popular now as pop artists. Not sure if they are as popular as they were, but I wouldn't be surprised.

10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Big Cat Scratch Fever fan, are ya?

Nugent is a D grade rocker, always was... does he even HAVE a fan base?

his comments were sad, immature and baseless... i mean, what evidence does he have that Feinstein is a "whore?" ......

take care Ted... thanks for playing, and stick with your medications... but really, it's not a big deal, because no one listens to your sh!t anymore, loser...

Last edited: Aug 25, 2007
  11. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Omfg my feelings are so hurt, oh the pain! What a bigot he is for saying hilary is a worthless b1tch and obama should suck on his machine gun oh my gawd it hurts so bad, ohhhhhh ohhhhhh

12. godef

godef In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Ted Nugent is irrelevent. What was the last hit he ever had?

13. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Maybe the radio stations will blackball Ted and not play any of his music..........oh yea, seems kind of redundant.

14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 27 / -33

Ted Nugent has placed himself as a fave amongst the militia people, other than that he is just an old rocker who has outlived his usefulness... the Dixie Chicks got death threats.. wonder if the same will happen to Ted.. his comments that intimated that Hillary and Obama should be killed are something that should not be tolerated..

natalie Maines comments:

"Just so you know, we’re on the good side with y’all. We do not want this war, this violence, and we’re ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas. ”

Compare this to what Nugent said.. it is not comparable.. to exhonerate Ted is to support all that is bad about the extremists in this country.

15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,152 / 5 / -10

Mrs Nugents son.

16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,152 / 5 / -10

If he said all that stuff about BUSH it would have been front page news and all the Left Wing screwballs on TV would be masturbating and grinning.
    Freedom of speech is a two way street it isn't for "Loonies Only".

God Bless The Constitution God Bless God.
    :bricks:

17. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +584 / 52 / -9

#75 Jersey

As Moderator:

Funny how the name of this thread now seems appropriate, as we have just banned Quigon for the same baseless attacks................................

18. scout

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I don't see it. I'd be the first one to tell someone to end the attack. Where does any of these posts or title of the thread attack a member. Unless your saying that we can't attack a public entity.

19. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +471 / 13 / -14

First the title of the thread could be interpreted as an attack on all the conservative posters as supporting double standards. This is painting with a very broad brush and no supporting facts are given.

The funny part to me is that the poster and Nugent detractors miss the whole point. The DC's complaint were that they were being censored because their fans reacted to their statements about Bush. The wanted to make political statements during their public statements without any consequences, when their fans exercised their first amendment rights.

If their is a negative reaction against Nugent and he and conservatives whine about him being censored and treated unfairly when people boycott him, then there would be a double standard.

Whenther Nugent of the DC's are popular or not is not important to the point being raised by the poster IMO.

20. scout

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

No seriously, where is the attack? I don't want to beat a dead horse, but more importantly, I hope no one is waiting for a gotcha (we got one of yours now we are even). There is no comparison as to what the vacation member posted and the title of this thread, 'The right's double standard'.