The Riddler was Released Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFan2

Hall of Fame Poster
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
How far the mighty have fallen...sign the beast!:D

Good, maybe him and his Jets tattoo could go back to that rat hole there.

I wouldn't re-sign him now but if he is still unemployed later in the season and injuries strike I'ld consider it.

I think there are a dozen or so RBs that you call before him.

I still want Jamaal Charles

His stats don't look impressive, his career might be almost over unless Lions o line was trash.

Don't care what people say, he's probably a top 2 rusher on this team if the Pats sign him today. He looked decent against us last year, although that was probably his best game as a Rat and it wasn't even that good. If he's anything close to what he was in 2013, it's a no brainer to give him a shot. These are desperate times. Ridley is not a good prospect but Gaffney is not the savior.

Right... N I want to win Powerball

I don't think its that far fetched but I do think its more likely that he'll remain with the team in 2016

This year he counts $5.3 vs the cap. Next year he will count $7m vs the cap. They are not paying a 31 year old RB that. He will agree to a restructure or be released.

Chiefs have an interesting decision to make. If they trade him now, they will get something for him.

He is done. Sad but that injury cost him a good cash.

I don't think its that far fetched but I do think its more likely that he'll remain with the team in 2016

This year he counts $5.3 vs the cap. Next year he will count $7m vs the cap. They are not paying a 31 year old RB that. He will agree to a restructure or be released.

Chiefs have an interesting decision to make. If they trade him now, they will get something for him.

Big fan of of J Charles here he reminds me of Priest Holmes a jack of all trades type RB.

Ridley has looked terrible since coming back from his knee injury. Gaffney's better than him.

I don't know why things didn't work out with Ridley. Attitude issue? Injuries? All I know is that I loved watching him play for the Patriots, and I hoped he would be our long term running back. If he could somehow recover the magic that he had during his breakout year in 2012 . . . oh, who am I fooling. He's probably never coming here. :(

I would be surprised if the Pats don't at least give him a look.

Don't care what people say, he's probably a top 2 rusher on this team if the Pats sign him today.
large.gif

Don't care what people say, he's probably a top 2 rusher on this team if the Pats sign him today. He looked decent against us last year, although that was probably his best game as a Rat and it wasn't even that good. If he's anything close to what he was in 2013, it's a no brainer to give him a shot. These are desperate times. Ridley is not a good prospect but Gaffney is not the savior.
Well it depends on his knee. If it's fine I wouldn't mind taking him back. Sometimes Patriots RB's, not of the pass catching variety, look average-good here and proceed to suck elsewhere. I wouldn't be shocked if he suddenly played decently once back in this system.

Apparently we didn't see enough to bring him back last season, but maybe if we are in dire enough straights we'll kick the tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots