PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The return of Randy Moss with SF vs the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onedaful

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Just wanted to know what you guys think about Randy Moss coming to play the Pats this sunday. Does he have a breakout game because he might have something to prove when he plays New England or will he just continue to play mediocre and almost non existent like other games.

Who covers Moss and should we be worried about the deep ball?

Last edited:
Even if he's returning as the ghost of Christmas past, it will be fun to see him at Gillette Stadium, again. The 2007 posse will be back together with Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker and Randy Moss in the house.

Attachments

• Moss v Jets.jpeg
    Moss v Jets.jpeg
    7.8 KB · Views: 822
This will be Moss' second time back since being traded, yes? Maybe McCourty should cover him for old time's sake?

Yeah, I was just trying to gauge everyone's opinion on it because if we put Talib on Crabtree and either McCourty or Dennard on Moss there is a huge height difference. Like 7 inches or something.

Last edited:
I actually regret not bringing a contrite Moss back in. I really wonder if he really might have put the team first after appearing to have 'got' it after being traded.

I have a lot of notalgia for the man for the sheer magic between him, Brady and Welker.

I know its been said quite a bit, but the only thing this offense is missing that keeps us mortal, is a legitimate deep threat.

Last edited:
I actually regret not bringing a contrite Moss back in. I really wonder if he really might have put the team first after appearing to have 'got' it after being traded.

I have a lot of notalgia for the man for the sheer magic between him, Brady and Welker.

I know its been said quite a bit, but the only thing this offense is missing that keeps us mortal, is a legitimate deep threat.
Moss is one of my favorite players of all time. I used to say he was the one player in the NFL on another team I would want on the Patriots. Then they traded for him and began a record setting season. I think it's clear his skills have diminished a bit, as I noticed he couldn't quite go up and get the 50/50 deep balls as well as he used to. I will always have a soft spot for Randy but I think the Patriots were right to move on. As long as the Patriots stay healthy with their weapons (Welker, Lloyd, Hernandez, Gronk, Ridley, Woodhead, and, maybe more importantly, the o-line) I don't think their offense will be truly defendable.

I love Moss always will but doubt he has any kind of breakout here.

He used to be straight cash homey and did the one clap. Now he's just one catch homey

Whatever the outcome is, I wonder if Moss pull a meltdown on the postgame conference again.

Randy Moss Version 2007 is not walking through that tunnel. The version that we will see will be old and gray.

Hope Randy gets a big ovation on his return to Foxborough. One of my favorite Patriots of recent years.

Randy Moss Version 2007 is not walking through that tunnel. The version that we will see will be old and gray.

... but still a good football player and, by all reports a good teammate (hello Brandon Jacobs). I think he still needs to be accounted for, and he's also always been a good blocker from what I've seen.

I hate seeing him back in the wrong uniform, but I hope he's well received at the stadium. I miss yelling out Randy Moss and running laps around the livingroom every time he scored a touchdown.

... but still a good football player and, by all reports a good teammate (hello Brandon Jacobs). I think he still needs to be accounted for, and he's also always been a good blocker from what I've seen.

I agree. Im eager to see what happens.

By the way whoever changed the title of the thread, thanks, it sounds much better lol

Brady was a 49ers fan growing up, i am sure he is looking foward to this game.The 49ers LBs are probably the best in the league.

I don't expect to see Moss in action that much

Hi everyone, 49ers fan here.

As you all may know there's been a major QB controversy in SF, and Niner fans are basically split. I just want to know your thoughts on Harbaugh's decision (since Bellicheck made a similar one with Brady), and who would you guys rather face on Sunday night, Alex Smith or Colin Kaepernick?

It will be interesting how much Harbaugh and DC Vic Fangio listen to what insight Moss has this week. He might not know about every specific play, but he probably knows a great deal about overall scheme and philosophy.

I don't see why anyone would be worried about Randy Moss when we did a great job last night turning off Andre Johnson. Sure he made a few plays but that's expected. Point is, he didn't make an impact.

Hi everyone, 49ers fan here.

As you all may know there's been a major QB controversy in SF, and Niner fans are basically split. I just want to know your thoughts on Harbaugh's decision (since Bellicheck made a similar one with Brady), and who would you guys rather face on Sunday night, Alex Smith or Colin Kaepernick?

I'd be more afraid of Alex Smith. He's experienced and wins game. Kaepernick seems like he has a higher ceiling and could be a better QB in the future. His ability to make plays over Alex Smith doesn't scare me. He will make more mistakes and that is the difference maker.

Last edited:
I am more worried about Kaepernick's legs than his arm. He is mobile and can create offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back