Welcome to PatsFans.com

The rest of the story

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by otis p. driftwood, May 26, 2008.

1. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

This really should be in the "Stay classy fox news" thread, but at this point I was afraid it would just get lost...so here it is...the rest of what Liz Trotta said during that Fox discussion, the part you don't see youtube and Dem. Underground talking about. In other words, the context. She was talking about Hillary, and Hillary suggesting it not once, but at least twice.

From Editor and Publisher

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

When "The Prince" is finally Coronated and steps up to his Throne in The Oval Office there to dwell for "Four Years" can you just imagine the agony of America's "Free Press" every word they write about him for the next four years will have be gone over with a hundred fine tooth combs to make absolutely sure they don't "Offend" anyone or god forbid to make sure they don't say anything that could be called "racist" about America's New Royalty, The Prince Barack Hussein Obama and the lovely new Princess Michelle Obama.

Coulter, Hannity, Limbaugh are going to have more fun than a barrell of monkeys, for four straight years------------:singing:

3. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +47 / 16 / -3

Right, openly wishing for Obama to be assassinated is A-OK. Keep trying to explain this one away....

4. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You mean the way Hillary did?

5. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +47 / 16 / -3

Yes actually.

6. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So...okay, Hillary was wrong, but this woman talking about what Hillary said, misspeaking, saying Osama, then laughing saying from Hillary's point of view either of them...that's still talking about Hillary here...that woman is evil for talking about what Hillary said?

I don't get it.

7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 2 / -9

They don't like to talk about that one, that was a mistake---

Hillary Is The Smartest Women In The World-----:singing:

8. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +47 / 16 / -3

Dude, you can't be serious. she said "both actually" meaning Obama too. The joke was that she would be happy if he was assassinated. If you are familiar with the english language you can clearly understand she was talking about Obama. I don't know how much clearer it could be.

So calling Obama a "monkey" isn't racist, and saying you'd be happy if Obama is assassinated isn't actually saying you'd be happy if Obama is assassinated. You'd be better off just admitting the obvious instead of tying yourself in knots trying to rationalize and explain it away.

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  9. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +47 / 16 / -3

I haven't seen anyone on this board praising Hillary.

"They" like to make stuff up and smear people and then cry about "liberal loons" smearing people who don't agree with them.

10. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

What? If Hillary has been on record talking about Obama getting assassinated twice, why is it then shocking if someone says that she (Hillary) would probably be okay with it if he got killed?

It's not wishing for Obama to be assassinated, it's commenting on what Hillary said.

I understand the English language just fine, by the way.

Calling him a monkey may well be racist. Apparently you can call a white guy a chimp and say a white kid climbs like a monkey, but you can't say it to a black guy. Do black children climb on monkey bars, or what should they be called, by the way?

Holy hell--Curious George is a friggin icon. It's like saying something is a mickey mouse organization, and if I say I think you're daffy I'm not trying to insult either you or black ducks.

Christ.

11. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No. No one has been praising Hillary. But wes didn't start a thread about her saying it either. Someone else had too...and then the predictable comments were "I don't know what she's thinking" "oh, she didn't mean it" and so forth. Nothing like "Oh she's a horrible hateful evil woman, here's the number for the secret service and all the networks she needs to be taken to gitmo!" kind of crap that you'll find wes posting.

So don't give me that crap.

Yeah...it's too nice a day to be getting this pissed off about stupid shit on the internet.

12. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +47 / 16 / -3

She wasn't speaking FOR Hillary, she was speaking for herself. She wasn't saying "Hillary would probably be OK with both HA HA" she was saying "well I'd be ok with both actually." You're twisting it around but that's what she was saying.

13. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +47 / 16 / -3

Actually you were the one who was arguing that she didn't mean it lol.

14. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

She, Hillary. There are too damn many "she's" floating in this story.

15. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

She was speaking about what Hillary said. Look at the rest of her comments, about how Hillary is supposed to be the smartest woman in the world, but she's tone deaf, and you can't say things like that in this culture etc etc.

Dude--this lady has been around for years. She's got 3 Emmy's and some other awards. She was the first woman to cover a war, something she fought hard to do...she's not stupid, and she'd have to be stupid to call for assassinating anyone.

16. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

WTF are you defending this lunatic. I just went to Youtube and watched this as I wanted to see what these posts were about. She clearly states that she wishes both of them (Obama and Osama) should be assassinated, then laughs. For the record, I was outraged when Hillary first made her statements (as is my post) while you didn't see the harm (as you posted). Now, your defending this lunatic?

17. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

When Hillary made her statement I posted that I was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. Then I read more and saw that she'd said it before--so her "well the Kennedy's are on my mind" excuse went out the window. I do not now or ever recall actually defending her once I saw that she'd said it again.

I'm defending this woman because she has a long career of being a good journalist, and because I just don't hear her saying it as "God *I* wish Obama would get killed", I hear her saying from Hillary's point of view getting rid of Obama would be as good as getting Osama, which is, after all, what Hillary has said now.