PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Reputation of our defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's the lengthy track record? out of recent players, I'll say that you can make an argument for chung although there hasn't been much of a difference with him versus without him....

so what's the lengthy track record? who has been developed into a solid player? i'm not talking about david givens....I'm talking about guys who are on the current roster or ones who have been cut in the last couple of years.....they show up, and either they can play or they can't and you can just bury them right then and there.

this is a simply assinine comment. You are now going to judge the quality of coaching by trying to find player who stunk, then got good?
Well, since you asked we could include BJGE, Welker, Watson, Connolly, Neal, Wright, Ninkovich, Guyton, Arrington just to name a few that fit your criteria.
Sorry for interupting your attempt to turn the most successful franchise in the NFL into the 1976 Bucanneers, so by all means, carry on.

really? week 13 and they're testing slater for the first time for the playoffs?

that's just stupid
They gave Slater a chance to play. Why do you have such a problem accepting that?
You do realize that Slater has played S with the scout team in practice, and may have earned himself an opportunity at a position that lacks depth and quality right?
I guess we can conclude that the pats are done testing guys like brace and cunningham? why are they even here?
They are here because they have roles.

the fact that you even need to make reasons is proof enough tat at least part of you believes the same, but you're hoping like hell that what you insist is true.
So when someone gives a reason to support their point, that simply means they are hoping what they believe is true?

the fact remains that this defense with random starters really is no worse or better than the defense that was playing in the first couple of weeks of the season.
This is just silly.
The defense has improved dramatically throughout the season. Apparently you have some butthurt over not having good statistical rankings, but the game was over at 31-3 and that was equally due to the offense and defense, just as the defense contributed significantly to beating the Jets twice, Eagles, Chiefs, Cowboys, raiders, Chargers. Thats 8 wins that the defense made overall positive contributions too, and the 9th was allowing 17 points to Miami until the game was clinched. I'm sorry if you don't like that the team has a philosophy of preserving leads without regard to allowing yardage, because you could be so much more proud of them if they had better rankings.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could have a 7th ranked defense that only allowed 13 more points like the Jets. Maybe we could be 7-5 like them too, and then we have big leads we wouldn't have to let up all those meaningless yards, and save them for letting teams score on us when the game is close and we lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes