Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Republican Philosophy of It's all about me'

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +557 / 22 / -19

It's all me first with the Republicans. The majority of them don't even want to give health care to kids they're so cheap and selfish. So, this Republican crime certainly seems like a metaphor for the Republican Philosophy of "It's all about me":

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=1667009&page=1

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +775 / 17 / -22

#24 Jersey

And the kind of generalizations strikes again.

3. BlueTalon

BlueTalon On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't think what Patters did even rises to the level of generalization. He made a cheap comment about Republicans being greedy and selfish and not wanting children to have health care, and he added a link. The link went to an ABC News story about a Republican who was convicted of prostituting himself for bribes.

How the heck are those two things connected? And no, I'm not going to waste my time reading through the entire article looking for the obscure connection.

Patters, if you're going to try and make a rational argument about Republicans being greedy and selfish and not wanting children to have health care, you need to do a better job of it. This just made you look silly.

4. Patters

Ratings:
    +557 / 22 / -19

BlueTalon, I think the Republican philosophy lends itself to selfishness. It does not mean that all Republicans are selfish, but it does mean that most selfish people are Republican. Cunningham is an example of that. It also does not mean that Republicans are more corrupt than Democrats. In the long haul, both are pretty equal in that regard.

I also think it's plain awful that Republicans have consistently fought child health care, and you'll find that's an issue I bring up frequently.

5. pats-blue

pats-blue Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

PATTERS "The majority of them don't even want to give health care to kids they're so cheap and selfish."

Talon, I did read the article and there is absolutely NO connection to this statement at all. One could find articles on almost anything and make a general statement...try that with one of Patters "protected" classes and THEN it is uncalled for.

6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +775 / 17 / -22

#24 Jersey

Patters has already gone back on his initial statement. Most selfish people being Republican does not equal most Republicans being selfish.

For this (me) psuedo Republican, I am for health care for kids that's needed but not for blank check writing. Just like I'm for education but don't think additional spending would improve things. Liberals think throwing more dollars at something is directly proportional to how much better it will get. There, now I'm generalizing :p

7. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,834 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

Patters is a pure ideolog. Rationality does not matter to the true believer. Emotional arguements are all that counts.

8. Chevy

Chevy Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

Once again, you fail to understand the simple concept of personal reliability. An individual needs to earn assistance, it is not a birthright.

The layers of responsibility are individual-parent-government. Until the first two do all they can, honestly, the third should not be involved.

Why should hard-working American's pay for the lazy breeders?

9. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,834 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

Because Patters ideology demands it be so. To do otherwise is to be "mean spirited" and therefore ostracized in the incestuous self aggrandizing community of Canterbridgian elite.

10. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Because Patters can lean on his emotions, DONT YOU SEE THOSE SICK KIDS OUT THERE????? If you dont start writing blank checks for Laquisha and Sue-Ann and their combined 13 kids to get free health care then you must hate kids.

11. Patters

Ratings:
    +557 / 22 / -19

Since you're the only one who responded with something of substance, I'll only respond to you. Pissah and Turd seem too emotional.

I certainly understand and agree with much of the idea of personal responsibility. I have never been on the dole and have made my way through life in various occupations, including working for one of the most capitalist companies in the world and being a small business owner.

That said, there are two issues:
    (1) Kids. They represent the future. We have a moral obligation to help them, and it's critical to the future of our nation.
    (2) Poor people. We can make them even poorer and risk an increase in crime, a decline in property values, an increase in taxes to cover prison costs, etc. Or we can help them develop skills and get jobs. Even so-called handouts can be awarded only to those who attend skills-training programs.

But, as I said earlier in this post, I believe one of the burdens the Republican Party has is that it attracts cheap and avaricious people. I think people like Cunningham are symptom of a sickly party.

12. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Aside from Barack Obama and Harry Reid, no dems have come forward to support independant ethics reform panel in the Senate. I think they are too afraid of what baggage might be seen if they were investigated for accepting bribes. So, its not just the GOP, although there are more of them and their lack of ethics appears more egregious (Delay's gerrymandering and Frists trusts), but I doubt many Dems are above the fray.
    We'll see...