Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Republican Debate last night..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Jun 6, 2007.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

Did not watch it because no matter what they do or say Rush has already said whoever he "anoints" will win the nomination, not sure why all the process as he is in charge.

One issue posted on most of the sites, from both sides is that there was quite a bit of "Bush Bashing".. how do we frame this.

RIGHTIES GET BAD BUSH
  2. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

McCains response to the woman about the war was the highlight. He found his voice on how to support the war while distancing himself from how it has been mismanaged.
    Romney looked and sounded solid. While Guiliani sounded good, the more people hear his Pro-choice stand the worse it will be for him with the Primary voters.

Biggest surprise: the standout answer given by Mike Huckabee on the question of our biggest moral question. Not only standing strong for life, but pointing out the failings of the conservatives to make it clear this isnt just about during pregnancy, but life must be valued and people must be cared about at all ages. children, the poor, the elderly, that had to strike a cord with some people.
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 5 / -2

The more Huckabee speaks, the more I like him. He has no chance, but he seems like a pretty solid politician. I didn't know him till the last few months, so who knows if he's real or not. I thought Giuliani did well, and that McCain did ok. Romney looks like a movie star, what a suit. His answers were good in some instances, but that Asian/products/future stuff was wierd. His answer against Amensty was good. Was it me or was his face orange? Gilmore (is that his name?) and that other dude Brownback (what a tool this guy is) should go home immidiately. Tencredo and Thompson are just taking up space. They're not tools persay, but it's time for them to give up. After watching last night, I think of the current crop, it's Giuliani's to loose, while Romney may have an outside shot. I think McCain is toast as soon as he signs that Amnesty Bill. This field is real weak. I think that Thompson could probably whoop ass on anyone here, if only because Giuliani is Pro-Choice.
  4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

very weak field of people to pick from on the GOP side, they are dying for Freddy T to get his attack run.

Ron Paul anyone?
  5. Real World

Ratings:
    +410 / 5 / -2

Oh, I almost forgot Ron Paul. He's unelectable, and not presidential (what people consider it publically anyhow), but I hope he hangs around till the very end. He makes some very good points, and offers a no holds barred assesment of the issues. People like he will never win in national politics, they aren't sexy enough, or polished like a Romney or Clinton. Sad, but Paul is 1,000 times the candidate that either of those two frauds ever will be, yet he won't register 2% in a poll. Gotta love today's politics! Again though, I think it's Rudi's right now (not solidly), and is probably Fred T's if he jumps in. I think 2008 could be the worst heads up election of our day.
  6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

D-I-T-T-O! and ditto was his name-o!
  7. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

It's going to be HW Bush, B Clinton, W Bush, H Clinton, and then J Bush. A modern day empire between two families.
  8. Real World

Ratings:
    +410 / 5 / -2

I'd like to tell you that you're crazy, but sadly, that is a legitimate possibility. :mad: I promise not to vote for anyone named Bush or Clinton for as long as I live. ;)