PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Relevant Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started a thread regarding the Picture that Ursa put up and, in light of what one interpretation of the rule is, I find it kinda funny that someone hadn't mentoned this before.

The guy that Ursa mentioned is a Jets employee. A Jets employee, on the sidelines, with a video camera. Wouldn't it be funny if this blew up in Mangini's face for ALSO having unapproved video equipment on his sideline.. Regardless of whether they actually taped the Pats....

I saw that............ that was quality stuff.

well, the league has lawyers too don't forget.

This is a problem, but I believe the even bigger problem is that this is not a jury trial. Basically the commish is the judge, jury and executioner of all rules. So it won't matter on how the rules could be interpreted, but how the are interpreted by Goodell.

Speaking of the rules, does anyone know the rule or bylaw that allowed NFL Security to seize the tape? For league security to have the power of search and seizure over a team’s equipment would seem to be excessive to me.

Speaking of the rules, does anyone know the rule or bylaw that allowed NFL Security to seize the tape? For league security to have the power of search and seizure over a team’s equipment would seem to be excessive to me.

Maybe the guy just gave it to NFL security. Why act like you have something to hide if you don't believe you are doing anything wrong?

this isn't what was just read on weei though which was much more detailed than this and ended with the phrase "in order to give the team an unfair advantage in the game being played."
hmm, if that's true it definitely could put this thing in a different light. The commish would then need to have evidence that they not only were taping, but that they had used the information on the tape to advantage in the game in which the tape was being made."

That's a HUGE piece of information if it turns out to be true.

Yeah but the league's lawyers are irrelevant. This isn't going to court. The Patriots lawyers and staff will come up with a defense, and Judge Goodell will preside. No need for NFL lawyers at all here, unless the NFL thinks the Patriots are going to contest this, which wouldn't happen in a million years.
Even if the NFL has lawyers if they can't word a lousy policy clause properly I wouldn't worry too much about them. As the ole saying goes "we wouldn't need lawyers if it weren't for the incompetant ones"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes