PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The refs killed us AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually thought last night's was worse. We shot ourselves in the foot by turning it over 5 times last year.

And as I've said before they don't make that phantom PI call handing them a TD right before the half the Pats aren't playing catch-up and those turnovers never happen.

And as I've said before they don't make that phantom PI call handing them a TD right before the half the Pats aren't playing catch-up and those turnovers never happen.

=====================================================

Right, and a better block hear or there and Maroney would of scored a TD,or if Caldwell would of caught one clutch pass, or if the D could of held.

I know I am being a realist here, the refs are not why the Pats lost, they may have contributed, but thats NFL football.

This was an epic game that could of gone either way, be happy that your team showed up and layed it all on the field, can't win em all.

=====================================================

Right, and a better block hear or there and Maroney would of scored a TD,or if Caldwell would of caught one clutch pass, or if the D could of held.

I know I am being a realist here, the refs are not why the Pats lost, they may have contributed, but thats NFL football.

This was an epic game that could of gone either way, be happy that your team showed up and layed it all on the field, can't win em all.

Yeah, except I was talking about the Denver game. Not last night's.

Blaming the refs for that game is just lame and weak.

That's embarrassing.

Last edited:
Yeah, except I was talking about the Denver game. Not last night's.

============================================

My bad Michael, forgive me I am a newbie but should of known/read better, oh well back to lurking:)

-Mike Pereira

Good enough for me.

Good source, thanks for the info.

I wish they changed that rule that the ball doesn't get placed at the 1. I think it should get placed at the 10 or continue half the distance if it's inside the 10 anfd fresh set of downs.

At least make the team earn it. At the one is a generous gift.

===============================================

I was trying to make the point that Rayduh fans to thiss day consider that call a bad one, and sometimes the game ends up being decided by the refs, and that sometimes the call go your way other times they do not. You can say the refs lost the game for you, I say you have to bgeat the refs as much as your opponet, and I also will add that the officating was not that bad yesterday.

I am not sure that they have air conditioning in Indy, but be sure that both teams played under the same conditions.

only one more season of the RCA dome and then natural cold weather with a retractable roof. at least the temp will be cool

At least Charger fans didn't blame the refs for their gimme loss, but you, of all fans with your 3 sb titles? c'mon man up, your team CHOKED! Add CHOKING to Hoodie's and Bradchick's legacy.

:rocker:

No, Charger fans just troll around Patriot message boards because they are still bitter about losing. If you look up choking there is a picture of your coach. Goodluck with that next season.

Banta Cain made contact with Mannings face mask, it's been a penalty all year long.

Face guarding has been a penalty all year long, you can't play the reciever without playing the ball. This wasn't the first time it was called, if the defender hadn't been beaten so badly he could have made a legal play.

I notice no one complaining about Mulroney's fumblerooskie, they allowed us a TD when the ball was advanced on a fumble.

Troy Brown set a pick and took out 3 defenders, he was so blatant about it the Refs had no choice but to call it.

Face it, the Pats played 1 decent half, then got taken to the woodshed, it kills me to see all the cry babies doing what all the fans of other teams do. There were no excuses, the Colts were the better team on Sunday.

The refs didn't win or lose this game, maybe the flu helped. The Colts went nuts on their home field, what can you do...suck it up and wait till next year...

Last edited:
Banta Cain made contact with Mannings face mask, it's been a penalty all year long.

Face guarding has been a penalty all year long, you can't play the reciever without playing the ball. This wasn't the first time it was called, if the defender hadn't been beaten so badly he could have made a legal play.

I notice no one complaining about Mulroney's fumblerooskie, they allowed us a TD when the ball was advanced on a fumble.

Troy Brown set a pick and took out 3 defenders, he was so blatant about it the Refs had no choice but to call it.

Face it, the Pats played 1 decent half, then got taken to the woodshed, it kills me to see all the cry babies doing what all the fans of other teams do. There were no excuses, the Colts were the better team on Sunday.

The refs didn't win or lose this game, maybe the flu helped. The Colts went nuts on their home field, what can you do...suck it up and wait till next year...

He touched his helmet, for crying out loud. Even Manning himself wasn't looking for a call there. You don't make that call in the AFC Championship game. I'd hate it if that call was in our favor; it's a cheap 15 yards and much easier TD.

Face guarding is not a penalty. THERE IS NO PENALTY IF THERE'S NO CONTACT.

Maroney's fumble squirted into the endzone and was recovered; it wasn't advanced by anyone. That's just a dumb statement, especially when Indy got one back the exact same way, although their lineman was down before the ball was across the line.

Brown got penalized for running into an established defender, which was the same play that NO used to spring Reggie Bush in the first game. To be honest, I didn't have a huge problem with that particular call, save for the fact that teams run it all the time with no penalty.

And the Caldwell non-PI call? Nothing to say about that? That was the biggest call/non-call of the playoffs so far.

For the last time, acknowledging bad calls and how they change the game isn't complaining or making excuses; it's another aspect of the game (like execution, coaching, crowd noise, clock management, fatigue, field conditions, etc.) that should be analyzed. Sometimes refs screw up, and sometimes they screw up big.

There were bad calls on both sides of the ball.

What killed us was piss-poor defense and the inability to sustain drives on offense.

Why was the defense piss-poor? Because they were TIRED. Why were they tired? Because the Refs kept calling BS calls against the Patriots.

Now, what do you mean by bad calls on both sides of the ball? Do you mean against the Pats offensively and defensively? Or do you mean against the Pats and Colts?

You are 1 for three in your statements. The other one , I don't know about.

The one on Troy was very costly.

Actually, PNM, he was on with his statements.

Someone posted a quote from Mike Perriera in another thread that said that faceguarding doesn't exist in the NFL. Also, the ball was underthrown. Wayne kept running his route and he had a perfect bead on the ball the entire time.

Not every hit to a QBs head is called. TBC actually got away with a much WORSE infraction 3 or 4 plays PRIOR to the one he was called on. The replay they showed made it look like Manning wasn't even touched.

The NON-Call on Hayden (the CB covering Reche in the endzone) was just as costly as the Brown call.

Not great, but they definitely were in let'em play mode.
Agree 100%. I always prefer to let them play.

To answer Post #1 of this thread, stop whining. This was a game the Pats lost and the Colts won. Maroney ran for 1.6 yards a carry. What did the refs have to do with that?

The Colts ran a long drive to end the half. The ran a long drive to start the second half. We responded with a 3 and out. Then the Colts mounted another long drive.

There are probably many reasons why the Colts beat us, but the refs aren't one of them.

Suck it up, and admit it. They won, we lost. Fair and Square.

Hey, NEM, what do you think of Josh McDaniels and his play-calling?

I posted this in another thread. Fans who complain about referees aren't whiners. They're consumers who want a better value for a product that they spend money on.
Bull. You would not be crediting the refs with the victory if we had won, and you know it.

It has nothing to do with "quality of a product." Did you complain about the refs after teh 2003 game?

You are whining, and you are making Pats fans look like Charger fans.

We lost. Admit it. Stop looking for excuses.

No argument from me, NEM. I didn't understand it either.

The officials had NOTHING to do with that poor performance, but someone else did. Maroney has shown all season long, when he plays, that he is a solid outside the tackles runner, a slashing runner outside once he sees the hole and allows his speed to control the play.

However, the plays that he was being asked to run were, for the most part, straight into the line plays, where he can not get up to speed, and using pulling linemen, or Wr's as blockers and find the opening and get through.

He was badly mis used and his talents were wasted.

Same thing when Dillon was given outside plays to run when he is the inside guy.

If you are going to call certain running plays, it is the responsibility of whoever is calling them to make sure the right personnel are in the game.

I disagree with the call on Hobbs, but if you look back at the Hayden NON-Call, he did, for a brief second, look back for the ball..Hobbs did not.

Except he mauled Caldwell on the way up and down.

That is a valid point, he did make a lot of contact. My guess is that the official determined that, at that point, they were both going for the ball. Valid determination? Probably not, but I am biased.

"Where's the flag? I'm waiting for the flag. Oh my God, I can't believe they didn't throw a flag on that. Your boys just got screwed out of seven." - my friend, a Steelers fan who despises the Pats

Putting aside the argument about the refs and their culpability in the loss, that non-call was absolutely inexcusable. That's interference 100 times out of 100 with any referee in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back