PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The refs killed us AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bingo. I can't believe how many people I've heard say, "Oh that's face-guarding. Automatic penalty." There was no contact. It was just good/lucky D.

I fully support making PI calls reviewable. At this point, I'd say it's a must.

is there any way to get to an nfl rule book and see what the rule actually says? maybe www.profootballtalk.com knows.

That was one of the worst reffed games i've ever seen, but it went both ways. Atleas they got the Gaffney call right.

What calls went against Indy? That's a serious question, by the way.

You want someone to blame for the loss besides the defense? Reche Caldwell.

You want someone to blame for the loss besides the defense? Reche Caldwell.

Please. Not even close. The one he dropped in the endzone we ended up scoring two plays later. The second one Brady was too slow in seeing for a TD, so his drop cost a couple of yards.

What calls went against Indy? That's a serious question, by the way.
none.....they had one illegal shift, one face mask, and one Offensive holding; these calls were in the first half (Before the heat was turned up...)
and did not affect any colts drives.....

Please. Not even close. The one he dropped in the endzone we ended up scoring two plays later. The second one Brady was too slow in seeing for a TD, so his drop cost a couple of yards.

that wasn't my answer to your question, i think we posted at the same time.

idk, I dont remember every play, i'm not sure any of them went against the colts, but i do know the refs made some good calls for us, like the gaffney TD.

but I do think that Banta-Cain penalty was the worst penalty called i've ever seen in the playoffs.

either way, we lost. look forward to next year. we should have a good team.

Its too bad that the national media will probably sweep this under the rug and it will be forgotten yet there is the perception that most of the Pats big wins over the past few years have somehow been tainted by poor officiating in our favor.

I don't even think its an excuse for the team's loss or anything like that. It would just be nice if every time the Colts 2006-7 playoff run is brought up, we could hear about the garbage calls that went their way in this game.

Ok, No one else is saying it, so I am....The REFS wanted Pay-A-Ton to win...

Before you start jumping down my throat, lets take a quick look at a few key plays:

1) Pass Interference on Hobbs in the End Zone, Ball placed on the one.

Um...since when does jumping straight up, not touching the reciever at all and the ball hitting your back become Pass interfeierence => result led to 7 Points.

2) 3rd and 6 Colts Drive, an Offsides penalty on Pats gives the Colts a first down

Ok, last Time I checked, Offsides was only worth 5 yards, not 6? The refs said the spot was wrong and just gave it to them...=> result led to 7 Points

3) Offensive Pass Interference on Troy Brown after Watson had a first down at the 19

...That is so bogus after the Hobbs call, Troy didn't even touch him after 5 yards???? led to us punting after another bogus motion call and a Brady sack => Result No Pats TD and put us out of even FG range!

4) Banta-Cain gets hit with a roughing the passer Penalty, 15 yards and first down

I do admit that Banta-Cain was hitting Manning hard, but on that exact call he was blocked and just managed to bump him with his back...Ummm that was pure crap => result led to 7 Points

And the 2 Illegal motion and shift calls we had against us at critical times that were called when we had first downs, the one at the end of the game really stings...we could have run the clock out!

It was the pats to win or lose in the end, but they wouldn't be in that spot if the refs didn't put them there....How many times in critical games have the refs cost us in the past 2 years? how many Rule changes have they made because of us? lets face it, they want some one else to win, not the PATS.
:bricks:
==================================================

The refs beat the Pats? I do not think so, besides you have to go in to the game thinking the calls are going to go against you, and that you need to beat your opponet and the refs.

Just currious, how do you feel about the tuck rule.

that wasn't my answer to your question, i think we posted at the same time.

idk, I dont remember every play, i'm not sure any of them went against the colts, but i do know the refs made some good calls for us, like the gaffney TD.

but I do think that Banta-Cain penalty was the worst penalty called i've ever seen in the playoffs.

either way, we lost. look forward to next year. we should have a good team.

Agreed. Next year looks good, and unlike when we were perennial losers, I actually believe it. :)

The refs beat the Pats? I do not think so, besides you have to go in to the game thinking the calls are going to go against you, and that you need to beat your opponet and the refs.

It was called correctly, for openers. Secondly, they ignored Woodson's Kamala head slap to Brady's pumpkin.

Its too bad that the national media will probably sweep this under the rug and it will be forgotten yet there is the perception that most of the Pats big wins over the past few years have somehow been tainted by poor officiating in our favor.

I don't even think its an excuse for the team's loss or anything like that. It would just be nice if every time the Colts 2006-7 playoff run is brought up, we could hear about the garbage calls that went their way in this game.
PTI hammered the refs for the roughing the passer call.

It was called correctly, for openers. Secondly, they ignored Woodson's Kamala head slap to Brady's pumpkin.

===========================================

Fair enough, and I agree, my point is if you have to not only outplay your opponet but also the refs, some infractions get called some do not, it is all part of the game. Sucks to loose by a bad call, but the Colts won the game on there own, the refs did not give it to them.

I don't think the reffing was a big deal in us losing, i guess if i had to rate it, i'd say 51% to 49% in favor of the colts. We had our chances, but I don't think the guys out there had enough left, they gave it their all, so I'm not that upset.

the refs called a good game

the refs called a good game

Okay, no.

A phantom PI call on Hobbs, a terrible non-PI call against Caldwell, a sad-ass roughing the passer call, a ticky-tack offensive PI on Brown, two false starts that turned into offsides (by rule, if the lineman naturally reacts to a jump, it's offsides, but if the player moves voluntarily, it's a false start), and a touchdown off of a fumble by a lineman who was down before the ball made it into the end zone.

Whether or not you believe that the refs cost the Pats a victory, how can you say they called a good game?

That it is too questionable: if the QB is actually padding the ball OR following threw a pass,Too Vauge....But It was redemption for the phatom '76 roughing the passer against the same radier's team that I presume you are alluding to. There was no tuck rule in SB38 or SB39 so your point is...?

my question to you is why a jets fan would ask that?
The Pats tried but too many things go against you when you have REFs and changing Air conditioning....answer that one.

On number 1 you ask, "Um...since when does jumping straight up, not touching the reciever at all and the ball hitting your back become Pass interfeierence => result led to 7 Points."

The answer is "every time."

It is called face guarding, and while risky it is not illegal. Refs blew it on this one.

That it is too questionable: if the QB is actually padding the ball OR following threw a pass,Too Vauge....But It was redemption for the phatom '76 roughing the passer against the same radier's team that I presume you are alluding to. There was no tuck rule in SB38 or SB39 so your point is...?

my question to you is why a jets fan would ask that?
The Pats tried but too many things go against you when you have REFs and changing Air conditioning....answer that one.

===============================================

I was trying to make the point that Rayduh fans to thiss day consider that call a bad one, and sometimes the game ends up being decided by the refs, and that sometimes the call go your way other times they do not. You can say the refs lost the game for you, I say you have to bgeat the refs as much as your opponet, and I also will add that the officating was not that bad yesterday.

I am not sure that they have air conditioning in Indy, but be sure that both teams played under the same conditions.

The Jetsfan is right.

At the end of a game, one team is the winner and the other team is the loser.

The New England Patriots killed the New England Patriots, by not winning. Therefore, they lost.

Woulda shoulda coulda is for habitual also-rans.

We lost the game. Get your head around that, and be done with it.

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey