PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The refs just handed Indy the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

goz421

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
That call was terrible. It was a direct result of the Belicheck challange. He shouldn't have tried to show up the refs.

I love coach B but I think he may have done a little over coaching in this game. Trust your team on 4th down.

I hate it when refs decide a game. This was a great game and that one moment ruined it. That wasn't even close to unnecessary roughness.

I think also last week The Rams stuck a little cheap shot in there with there compalint.

Typical. Peyton can't beat us fairly. Now I'll give it to Eli, he did.

Re: The refs just handed Indy the game.

I agree that it wasn't a 15 yard-worthy penalty. Geez, let them play! It wasn't a cheap shot, either. Just playing the game.

I disagree. Thomas handed the Indy the game.

The only thing I'll say about the ref's was that in the first half it looked like a Patriot on the LT side maybe (Warren) was dragged down from behind 3-4 times as he broke through the Colts line and no flag for holding. To me it happens once maybe it wasn't seen, but 3-4 times is a different story. And I have to say I thought that Faulk was in on the 2 point conversion. I think the refs got that wrong.

Last edited:

Randy in his post-game said he was pretty unhappy with the officiating. I was a little surprised and wondered if he was just talking about the Thomas call.

Even the AP reports say faulk probably made it in the 2pt conversion.

The refs made it pretty clear early on that they were going to swallow the whistles. I saw our pass rushers streaking toward Manning with either a hand or piece of jersey being held onto from behind. I saw Cassel slide feet first and still absorb a hit. Then they call a game changing PF on a borderline late hit. Typical hypocritical officiating in Indianapolis...BUT we shouldn't have let it come down to a call.

I disagree. Thomas handed the Indy the game.
I've rewatched the play on DVR, held against the backdrop of the entire game, it's a blip. Certainly, it's hard to fault one of the TEs daring to block.

This was a poorly managed game - whichever coach had the challenge call allowed himself to be suckered by Indy running off two men and leaving 10 on the field. The use of the final timeout to kill the firstdown was a very poor decision that has to have BB kicking himself. I was rarely happy with the WR screen calls, I would have liked to see more Heath Evans lead plays to set up play action. There was a little too much playing not to lose and not enough playing to win.

I don't think it was a horrible call, very iffy but not egregious, blame Gaffney for dropping the TD, blame Thomas for a bone head play, and blame BB for wasting all our time outs in the second half

I felt weird after this game. Because I knew we should've won or atleast went into OT.

It was weird. Imagine how Chargers fans felt after their loss to Denver though?

My point on the penalty is this - The refs KNOW the situation. That drive was the deciding factor in the game. Stuff like that happens ALL the time and only gets called half of the time. They let a lot of stuff go in this game. Why all of a sudden call a 15 yard penalty? It's not like he snuffed the guy Hines Ward style. It happened 1.5 sec after the RB was taken down. and the RB was behind Thomas... I doubt Thomas did it on purpose. He probably did not know the play was over.

Unnecessary roughness? More like an unnecessary call by the refs.

i feel u..this game was wierd for sure..it felt like it was played in slow motion haha

There was a little too much playing not to lose and not enough playing to win.

I agree with this. The 16-0 BB of last year does not settle for a field goal with 4th and 1 on the 10 yard line.

The Thomas call was the least questionable call, wasn't it? I know that in slow-mo, it's hard to tell just how long the incident occurs after the play was finished, but it looked automatic to me.

How about the dang spot of the ball on the same play? I was so certain it was a 1st that I was cheering despite the flag.

I felt weird after this game. Because I knew we should've won or atleast went into OT.

It was weird. Imagine how Chargers fans felt after their loss to Denver though?

My point on the penalty is this - The refs KNOW the situation. That drive was the deciding factor in the game. Stuff like that happens ALL the time and only gets called half of the time. They let a lot of stuff go in this game. Why all of a sudden call a 15 yard penalty? It's not like he snuffed the guy Hines Ward style. It happened 1.5 sec after the RB was taken down. and the RB was behind Thomas... I doubt Thomas did it on purpose. He probably did not know the play was over.

Unnecessary roughness? More like an unnecessary call by the refs.
wasn't similar

now if NE would have had a 7 point lead and peyton would have fumbled the ball into the waiting hands of adalius thomas, with just under 2 minutes left in the game, and then the ref decided to strip NE of the ball and award possession back to indy, at the pats 10, and give them another chance, sure, then you'd know what week 2 felt like for a chargers fan lol

lol...guys, we played Indy...and at there house...

dont we all expect these types of refs by now?

lol...guys, we played Indy...and at there house...

dont we all expect these types of refs by now?
it's amazing how bad indy is this year, gaffney catches that pass and it's game over

indy should be 1-7 right now but teams keep letting them have wins like this

while other teams beat the living hell out of them like the bears and packers did, and to a lesser extent the titans

You homers are out of your minds. That was the most blatant penalty ever. Thomas made a huge f'ing mistake. Let's get over it.

Usually when I see a flag, I try to figure out what the penatly is while the Refs chat about it. Judging by the timing and location of the flag, I thought it either had to be a face mask, or holding just outside of the camera view. I was stunned when they announced the call.

Don't listen to the dingbats that call you homers or blame it on Thomas, that was a bogus call. Not one half a second had passed between the time the whistle was blown and the flag was thrown. Hell, unless that ref has faster hands than a gun-fighter, he must have had his hand on the flag before the play was already over. The whole thing looked Premeditated. If you're going to call a loose game as an official, you can't make a call like that on such a critical drive.

Well, at least it wasn't "face-guarding" in the AFCCG. I wonder if the dingbats think that was good call too.

Last edited:

Sorry. The runner was down and starting to get to his feet when the hit occured. It was a fair call. His only possible excuse to the coaches today would be that he didn't hear the whistle. Another poster above put it well, the refs didn't hand them the game, we did.

This is the kind of whining that I expect on the Indy and Jets boards, and it's just as bad here.

I don't want to sound whiny, like the only problem was the refs (I would be all over it complaining if we won, like last year), but there were some suspect spots last night. The one that sparks the conspiracy theorist in me is the failed 2-pt conversion. How the ref can make such a quick decision on whether or not Faulk made it when there was a crowd of players blocking his view raised some eyebrows. Not to mention if Faulk didn't make it, it was by centimeters, and the ref spotted it at the one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back