PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Refs Don't want the Pats and Brady to Win Anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the only reason we won before is because the Refs wanted the Pats to Win?

That's pretty insulting - sounds like stuff we used to see trolls posting here.

and where the hell do you get that from?

I figured my post was easy enough to criticize and i don't see why you need to put words in my mouth.

I NEVER said why we were winning before. But now i will. We won b/c we were the best team and we had Tom Brady as our qb... The only way to beat that is with the refs.... which is precisely what they did to us against Denver last year.

I know it's a disturbing thought and you would rather put words in my mouth and create an argument before accepting the truth but it is a Fact that the reason we lost the Denver playoff game was b/c of officiating.

anybody care to change their minds after seeing the TENN game?

anyone?
anyone?:singing:

Last edited:
The referrees do not care in the slightest who wins the game.

They really don't. Some care about not wanting to be on television for blowing a big call, and so if anything there is some mild psychological preference to avoid getting into that situation.

Refs care about working, care about what their colleagues think, and want the big games, and for the rookies, they care about learning, mechanics, and calling the game in the way that's going to create harmony with their partners. They want their score sheets to be as perfect as possible after the games. That is what they care about.

These guys are pros. A few had some real poblems in the playoffs last year, but by and large they are doing a much better job this year.

Unless you are an official it is virtually impossible to judge the officiating by watching a game in which you have a rooting interest. Any pat fan using any pat game to try to make any point about the refs is swimming upstream. Watch a game where you truly don't give a crap about result and judge the refs there.

If the Champ Bailey fumble goes for a touchback and Asante Samuel doesn't get called for that invisible pass interference in the endzone, Pats get the Steelers at home in the AFC Championship game and a inferior Seattle for the ring.

If the Champ Bailey fumble goes for a touchback and Asante Samuel doesn't get called for that invisible pass interference in the endzone, Pats get the Steelers at home in the AFC Championship game and a inferior Seattle for the ring.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda. This year's playoffs is the thing.

Anymore? So what you are saying is you believe what all of the other idiot fans in the NFL have been saying for years and that at one time the NFL DID want us to win and were giftwrapping games for us?

So Alk who are you rooting for this Sunday? Must be a tough one for you. ;)

what about the Brady hit and no call?
what about the Rodney hit and no call?

If we don't turn the ball over 5 times neither of those calls get made! For the love of god will people stop blaming or mentioning the bad calls in the Broncos game. The Pats lost because of the 5 turnovers end of story! I guarantee if we turn it over 5 times in a game this Post-season we will lose again.

I'm not big on conspiracy theories, and I don't ever like siding with a moron like Joey Porter, but he was absolutely right when he claimed that the NFL was trying to set up the Colts to win that game against the Steelers. Absolutely horrible what they did with the apparent Polamalu INT. Almost seemed like things were being set up for Peyton and Dungy to get their fairy tale ending, and Vanderjagt screwed it up for them.

Manning screwed that up for them by going for the glory TD instead of taking what the defense was giving him underneath. Three times he had a guy open in the flat with plenty of open space in front of him and three times Peyton threw it into the end zone. Not saying Vanderjagt shouldn't have made that, but a 46 yard FG is anything but a gimme regardless of the conditions. If Peyton had dumped the ball off that easily could have been a try of less than 35 yards.

FoldingTool.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey