PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The ref for sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is encouraging! ;) Thanks for posting

Great news for the Pats!!

Someone called WEEI today and said that he was listening to the Indy sports talk station on line and they were already complaining about the officiating crew and how the NFL was trying to screw the Colts.

* Only called 11 offensive holdings, the fewest in the league (most crews had over 30).

Check for the Colts.

* Only called five defensive pass interferences, the fewest in the league (someone get Polian a hanky).

Check for Pats.

* But did have 10 illegal contact calls, which is high, and eight defensive holdings, which is low.

Probably a check for the Colts but could go either way.

great..now colts will see this and their fans like every fan will blame the refs for a loss and what not...everyone in league thinks we pay off refs and win b/c we have the golden boy

..clearly they dont watch many Patriot games

Someone called WEEI today and said that he was listening to the Indy sports talk station on line and they were already complaining about the officiating crew and how the NFL was trying to screw the Colts.

might be right, maybe polian's whining backfired as the new commish might be sick of his crybaby antics.

NICE.

At least its not that naPolian brainwashed ref from the Colts/Steelers game or the one who screwed us over in Denver.

Great! Maybe the league is making an effort to lessen the charges of the refs listening to Bill Polian.

There has been no obvious horrendous officiating this off-season in marked contrast to last year. Maybe the NFL is making sure that continues.

No problem right Polian? You already said the Colts can play any style.

As long as it comes down to which team plays better, I'm okay with it. And it sounds like this ref is the kind of guy that lets that happen. Good stuff.

LMAO. They need to remember, in addition to the same refs for both teams, that the Referee is just one guy - his non flag throwing crew isn't with him. Regardless, let's just not have the refs decide this one.

ROFL!!!!!!!!

I love it, the Colts already have their excuses ready if they lose.

Unlike I hope most of us who wont make excuses if we lose.

As long as it comes down to which team plays better, I'm okay with it. And it sounds like this ref is the kind of guy that lets that happen. Good stuff.

Agreed. My least favorite calls in football are pass interference (includes illegal contact) and roughing the passer. Obviously if they are blatant they should be called but I hate seeing the outcome of the game influenced by a ticky-tacky call.

I thought the refs let em play in the SD game and I hope this crew is like that.

The lack of holding is very worrysome, but the Colts never get holding called on them regardless of crew. Usually it is the side guys and not the head ref calling holding on the O-line, so maybe the rest of the all star crew will call holding a little more than Corollo did.

Didn't Carollo ref the playoff game with Denver last year? I may be wrong, but it was one of the worst called games I've ever seen. The phantom PI call etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes