PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The real way to hurt the Herald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patslifer

Banned
Reaction score
Folks, we are all pissed off at the Herald. However, there is a way we can make a stand. Large scale objectives like boycotts of advertisors are not going to work. Here's what we do:

1.) DO NOT buy any Herald newspapers, STAY OFF thier website and dont comment on any of Tomase's articles. When you enter your email adress - (and your info), the Herald will use it to sell advertising to company's looking for quality leads. If you surf thier site, it improves thier page view numbers, and again the Herald will use this to sell advertising. If you want to vent about Tomase, write to the Herald's big wiggs. Talk about how you will never believe another word they print, and you will never buy them again.

2.) Support mediums like interent, radio and tv. Newspaper is a dying medium, and supporting all it's competitors will hurt them. Buy the Globe, and dont even look in the Herald's direction. Tell the guy selling the Herald that you will never buy a paper from him again. Hurting the moral of thier ground teams will cause complaints that will be heard within. Make them ashamed to push that rag.

3.) Write letters to ther Herald, and tell them how you will NEVER buy a newspaper again, and you will be spending more time online and watching the news. Talk about buying the Globe, and question their integrity.

4.) Stay consistant with this plan. Don't buy the Heralds bull****. They make a retraction, and make off with monster numbers to show advertisors.

5.) Support the pats and ALL thier advertisors.

Do it.

Last edited:
Re: The real way to hurt the globe

Folks, we are all pissed off at the Herald. However, there is a way we can make a stand. Large scale objectives like boycotts of advertisors are not going to work. Here's what we do:

1.) DO NOT buy any Herald newspapers, STAY OFF thier website, and dont comment on any of Tomases articles. When you enter your email adress and your info, the Herald will use it to sell advertising to company's looking for quality leads. If you surf thier site, it improves thier page view numbers, and again the Herald will use this to sell advertising. If you want to vent about Tomase write to the Heralds big wiggs. Talk about how you will never believe another word they print, and you will never buy them again.

2.) Support mediums like interent, radio and tv. Newspaper is a dying medium, and supporting all it's competitors will hurt them. Buy the Globe, and dont even look in the Herald direction. Tell the guy selling the Herald you will never buy a paper from him again. Hurting the moral of thier ground teams will cause complaints that will be heard within. Make them ashamed to push that rag.

3.) Write letters to ther Herald, and tell them how you will NEVER buy a newspaper again, and you will be spending more time online and watching the news. Talk about buying the Globe, and question their integrity.

4.) Stay consistant with this plan. Don't buy the Heralds bull****. They make a retration, and make off with monster numbers, and all is forgiven - nottttt.

Do it.

Why do you say in your title "The real way to hurt the globe" and then proceed to talk about hurting the Herald?

I think you are due for a Title change.

You do that by going to the advanced edit function in case you didn't know.

Why do you say in your title "The real way to hurt the globe" and then proceed to talk about hurting the Herald?

Sorry for the typo, I am new to the website - (posting anyway).

Last edited:

Done. :D

(The cool part is, I just have to double-click on the thread title in the thread list to change it.)

1.) DO NOT buy any Herald newspapers, STAY OFF thier website and dont comment on any of Tomase's articles. When you enter your email adress - (and your info), the Herald will use it to sell advertising to company's looking for quality leads. If you surf thier site, it improves thier page view numbers, and again the Herald will use this to sell advertising. If you want to vent about Tomase, write to the Herald's big wiggs. Talk about how you will never believe another word they print, and you will never buy them again.

2.) Support mediums like interent, radio and tv. Newspaper is a dying medium, and supporting all it's competitors will hurt them. Buy the Globe, and dont even look in the Herald's direction. Tell the guy selling the Herald that you will never buy a paper from him again. Hurting the moral of thier ground teams will cause complaints that will be heard within. Make them ashamed to push that rag.

4.) Stay consistant with this plan. Don't buy the Heralds bull****. They make a retraction, and make off with monster numbers to show advertisors.

Do it.

Screw the Herald, they are a dinosaur already and half dead. I stopped reading that rag months ago......it's ESPNauseous that I want now. How do we get those bastids??

Any ideas??

Last edited by a moderator:
Screw the Herald, they are a dinosaur already and half dead. I stopped reading that rag months ago......it's ESPNauseous that I want now. How do we get those bastids??

Any ideas??

Support WEEI, NESN and the NFL. Tank ESPN's radio operation by supporting thier competitors. DO NOT watch any ESPN shows, or go on thier website. Again, even going to their websites makes them money. If you have the money, buy the NFL network and let your cable providers know you do not want ESPN included in your local cable packages. I know this wont change anything, but it will let them know people in New England HATE ESPN.

Write ESPN letters talking about how you will be buying the NFL network, and you will be tuning out of ANY ESPN covered games for NE teams. Let them know you will spend all your money with radio,interent and all thier competitors - for your sports coverage and news.

Last edited:
I agree, it is time to fight back and not be the idiots that the media think everyone is.

ESPN travels to sites using semis. The best way to "GET" at the higher ups is to infiltrate and co-opt the lower echelon of the organization. That means all the set up guys,cam crews, truck drivers etc. who have to interact with the local populace should be made well aware how livid and vendetta minded the New England sports fan is. The Dunkin Donuts girls to the Subway sandwich makers should serve these people like they have contagious leprosy...and the regular Joe fan should repeatedly give them the "ESPN s ucks" greeting everytime they leave the safety net of their field pass and parking spaces at the Razor. Pressure. Relentless month after month pressure on the working parts of the ESPN machine. Create dissension, corrupt from within...and watch the machine crumble.

Anyway, that's what my latest screen play, "The Horror Of Razor Town" is loosely based on...

Personally, I think ESPN and the NYT deserves us hurting them more. As bad as the Rams walkthrough story was, ESPN and the Times have done far more damage and continue to try to pile on that the Herald. Remember, if it wasn't for the Times piece and the subsequent ESPN piece, it is doubtful Tomase ever writes his piece.

I don't know why people are so focused on the Herald and not the real people actually trying to get Belichick suspended from the league.

I might have to go to that oct 20th game now, to harass Espn... The only person I will tolerate is Colin Cowherd, its a shame I dont live in Boston, have different options..

Tom Brady said it best, Im sure Espn will be all over that , espically Man Girl and meat head...

Personally, I think ESPN and the NYT deserves us hurting them more. As bad as the Rams walkthrough story was, ESPN and the Times have done far more damage and continue to try to pile on that the Herald. Remember, if it wasn't for the Times piece and the subsequent ESPN piece, it is doubtful Tomase ever writes his piece.

I don't know why people are so focused on the Herald and not the real people actually trying to get Belichick suspended from the league.

Excellent Post Rob, I think either someone told Tommase, or he just lied. The real people like King, Myers, Lupica, all of Espn, with the exception of Colin Cowherd, and we can not forget the NYT, these people wont let it die, and feel there is more to it...

Excellent Post Rob, I think either someone told Tommase, or he just lied. The real people like King, Myers, Lupica, all of Espn, with the exception of Colin Cowherd, and we can not forget the NYT, these people wont let it die, and feel there is more to it...

In fairness, John Clayton wrote a pretty fair and balanced piece today:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3394586

P.S. I hate to link to that site. So here is the story so you don't have to follow the link:

After the big meeting, five things we learned about Spygate
By John Clayton
ESPN.com
(Archive)
Updated: May 13, 2008

The meeting in New York with commissioner Roger Goodell lasted almost 3½ hours. Walsh offered two minor revelations, but neither will result in additional fines to the Patriots or coach Bill Belichick. Walsh admitted he was involved in the scalping of some Super Bowl tickets. He also had knowledge of a player on the Patriots' injured reserve list practicing against league rules before Super Bowl XXXVI in 2002.

Normally, using a player in such a manner would be a finable offense. Goodell determined enough was enough and that the Patriots have paid for their football crimes.

The media wanted a video tape of a walk thur, Walsh never had , he could have said all I have is game tapes, that were used for scouting... This still could have been avoided....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey