Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Yes he holds the records for:

Most Passes Attempted, Career
Most Passes Completed, Career
Most Consecutive Games Played, Career (other than if you count punters)
Most Yards Gained, Career
Most Seasons, 3,000 or More Yards Passing
Most Touchdown Passes, Career

and is greatest accomplishment:

Most Passes Had Intercepted, Career

but since announcing his retirement he learned he is a mere 14 fumbles away from tying Warren Moon's record for Most Fumbles, Career. With such a record still out there just waiting to broken how can one not come back for another season.

but since announcing his retirement he learned he is a mere 14 fumbles away from tying Warren Moon's record for Most Fumbles, Career. With such a record still out there just waiting to broken how can one not come back for another season.

Ok I'm with ya, Then what we really have here is Fumblegate.

Bout the only thing good about all this Favre talk is that it isn't Patriot bashing.

But seriously...they really need to stick the guy on an ice floe and push him out to sea...

:singing:

I count punters

Thankfully, this is one record Favre doesn't have to worry about Brady taking. At his current pace, Brady would need to play another 16 seasons to get to 289 INTs. :)

Thankfully, this is one record Favre doesn't have to worry about Brady taking. At his current pace, Brady would need to play another 16 seasons to get to 289 INTs. :)

Not that Brady will ever get close and this is just a guess but I would imagine Farve had a smaller pace the first half of his career.

That also must explain why Elway retired......just keep bashing Favre though...., I do not get the hatred for Favre in here. I am not a Favre lover by any means, by I appreciate the guy and all he has done and he is a Hall of Famer.

Check this out though:

Elway 137 fumbles
Favre 147 Fumbles..in 23 more games..Hmmm..
Elway threw a pick every 32.07 pass attempts
Favre threw a pick every 30.40 pass attempts(not a BIG difference there either
Elway threw a TD pass once every 24.17 pass attempts
Favre once every 19.81 (that seems to offset the INT per pass attempt?
Elway completed 56.9% of his passes for his career..only topping 60% THREE times
Favre completed 61.4% for his career..11 times topping 60%
Elway had 64 pro-bowlers on his team during his career
Favre 46 pro-bowlers
Elway had a better yards per attempt average than Favre.
Elway 7.1 Favre 7.0..not exactly anything to hang one's hat on?
It actually works out to be
Elway 7.1 Favre 7.0398492

QB rating?
Elway 79.9
Favre 85.7

They were both Great QBs..Favre just happens to be better

That also must explain why Elway retired......just keep bashing Favre though...., I do not get the hatred for Favre in here. I am not a Favre lover by any means, by I appreciate the guy and all he has done and he is a Hall of Famer.

I'm not going to touch on Elway, but aren't you sick of Favre playing the "Will I retire or will I come back and play?" game each offseason?

I'm not going to touch on Elway, but aren't you sick of Favre playing the "Will I retire or will I come back and play?" game each offseason?

Truth be known.....

Doesn't bother me at all.........not my team, not my favorite player.

I think GB management is nuts to allow the distraction to potentially ruin their season.

However, if I want to go deep into playoffs and mayb e win a Superbowl in 2008, I would want Favre and not Rogers. BUt that is not the real issue, if GB wants Rogers, great, get Favre out of town as fast as you can any way that you can.

Check this out though:

Elway 137 fumbles
Favre 147 Fumbles..in 23 more games..Hmmm..
Elway threw a pick every 32.07 pass attempts
Favre threw a pick every 30.40 pass attempts(not a BIG difference there either
Elway threw a TD pass once every 24.17 pass attempts
Favre once every 19.81 (that seems to offset the INT per pass attempt?
Elway completed 56.9% of his passes for his career..only topping 60% THREE times
Favre completed 61.4% for his career..11 times topping 60%
Elway had 64 pro-bowlers on his team during his career
Favre 46 pro-bowlers
Elway had a better yards per attempt average than Favre.
Elway 7.1 Favre 7.0..not exactly anything to hang one's hat on?
It actually works out to be
Elway 7.1 Favre 7.0398492

QB rating?
Elway 79.9
Favre 85.7

They were both Great QBs..Favre just happens to be better

except Elway won more SBs and appeared in way more.
I don't think anyone questions his being a hall of famer. thet are just sick of the schtick. To be honest I am sick of the schtick too but not enough to want to see him retire. Let him play his offseason games (there is no football then anyway) but when the season comes I want as many future hall of famers on the fields as I can.

As to the Pack making the right choice....It is a real tough cunundrum. IMO I would keep Farve and start him because that gives the Packers the best chance now. I would keep Rodgers and hope he doesn't hold a grudge when his time does come, but I think with Brohm there also they can afford to risk annoying Rodgers a little.

Best case scenario for them would be another year of good play from Farve and Rodgers waits patiently for his turn causing no problems. Than next year Brohm will be a little more ready to compete and you hold a TC compition for the QB spot.

Worst case scenario you bring Farve back his age shows thru and you piss off Rodgers to the point where he wont be resigning with you or even further he demands a trade. But with this scenario you still have a good young kid in Brohm to fall back too.

except Elway won more SBs and appeared in way more.
I don't think anyone questions his being a hall of famer. thet are just sick of the schtick. To be honest I am sick of the schtick too but not enough to want to see him retire. Let him play his offseason games (there is no football then anyway) but when the season comes I want as many future hall of famers on the fields as I can.

As to the Pack making the right choice....It is a real tough cunundrum. IMO I would keep Farve and start him because that gives the Packers the best chance now. I would keep Rodgers and hope he doesn't hold a grudge when his time does come, but I think with Brohm there also they can afford to risk annoying Rodgers a little.

Best case scenario for them would be another year of good play from Farve and Rodgers waits patiently for his turn causing no problems. Than next year Brohm will be a little more ready to compete and you hold a TC compition for the QB spot.

Worst case scenario you bring Farve back his age shows thru and you piss off Rodgers to the point where he wont be resigning with you or even further he demands a trade. But with this scenario you still have a good young kid in Brohm to fall back too.

I agree with you here as far as - yes, we all are sick of Favre's retirement "act" and best case scenario for GB success is for him to play another year.

Trouble is, I think that ship has sailed now with all the animosity between management and the player and throw in a charge of tampering for good measure.

Imagine if he did walk into camp, collect 12MM and hold a clipboard??

If the public loses confidence in professional football, it will be

like Congress.

But seriously...they really need to stick the guy on an ice floe and push him out to sea...

:singing:

I"m not sure that would be allowed since that is a Viking funeral....

Last edited:
umm because he's a jagoff of biblical proportions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes