PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The real reasaon the Pats hosted Barlow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The real reasaon the Pats hosted Barlow....

Wow.. yeah it has nothing to do with the fact that our #1 back has missed the last 3 games and his backup might be out a month. I have to say though, I do love the fact that the Patriots make the fans of so many other teams paranoid.

The Pats have schooled those big talkers and chest thumpers so many times, it's not unrealistic for Steeler fans to think the Pats have been calling their plays.

BB is simply validating the shadow RB roster in the event that ANOTHER RB gets injured B4 Morris returns in December. Nothing more.

Pats vs. Steelers gameplan since 1994:

8 in the box, stuff the run make Niel O'Donnel, Kordel Stewart, Ben Rothiesburger beat you.

I'm pretty sure that we didn't need Barlow to tell us this.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

We faced **** Lebeau's D tons of times.

What else is there to learn.

The Steeler's like to think that the Pats fear them somehow and are looking for an edge.

Tools.

Re: The real reasaon why the Pats hosted Barlow....

Sorry, but the only people that should be embarassed are the Steeler fans that actually came up with this.

The game is two months from now. Yeah I'm sure they went over the gameplan for the Pats during training camp, and I'm doubly sure that the Pats are thinking about the Pittsburgh game this week. :rolleyes:

someone says this everytime a players gets brought in. There should be a subtopic on the forums for all these threads.

There is seriously an IQ deficit in Steeler country.

That is just silly. The Pats are looking at Barlow because Morris is out for 2 months and Barlow used to be a pretty good RB. That's all there is to it. I doubt he has many insights to share on the Pitt offense. And it's their defense that we'd be more worried about anyways.

That's also why we brought in Famous Amos, Mike Vrabel, and Josh Miller. To learn about the Steelers.

I brought up the stupidity of the whole premise and was predictably called a troll and whatnot, but I've simply boiled it down to a simple question. Why wait until now if that was the reason for bringing him in? So far, a sea full of blank stares and crickets chirping on that one. We'll see if it goes untouched now since there's no way to challenge the logic.

Yeah because Barlow has such a firm grasp of the Steelers offense after getting cut from the team in training camp. :rolleyes: Get a clue, Pittsburgh fans.

What's more entertaining is watching them fight about the amount of threads concerning the Patriots on their board posted by their own fans. They spend as much time talking about the Pats as they do talking about the Steelers. The hatred towards the Pats is pathetic, truly pathetic !!

They have a thread about the Pats running up the score

They have a thread about Wes Welker

They have a thread about Rodney

They have a thread about the threads about the Pats

The Steelers have a good team, but most of the fans in this forum are circle jerking pathetic morons.

Wow...what a bunch of idiots over there. Um, ******s...Sammy Morris is injured. We need a warm body at the running back position.

http://discuss.pittsburghlive.com/viewtopic.php?t=116900&sid=0792598e885db330604d6854227f3d0f

Supposedly the Patriots hosted Barlow to learn Steeler's offense. I hope this is a joke or else we have some real paranoid fans around the league.....quite embarrassing.

What irks me is that no guy coming in for an evaluation is going to even be put in that situation. He's not even HIRED, he's just being worked out. How can you grill the guy about the Steelers when he's not even hired? That is ludicrous, and ludichris all wrapped in one.

Learn about the Steelers offense? Please. Bill Belichick could learn that offense inside and out with about 2 hours of film study. That game is weeks away, and he probably already knows as much or more than Kevan Barlow.

It's like pre-emptive excuse making over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back