PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The real question...Woods and Crable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the real question.....woods and crable

Woods isn't rushing the passer. Last year, when he did, he was surprisingly efficient at it. And Woods > Izzo in ST, at this point in their careers. Feel free to go ask any Jets fan how Izzo is working out for them.

Always loved Izzo and don't fault a guy out of work signing for a paycheck but Izzo has been terrible this season on STs. He was a big factor in the Jets loss to Miami. Probably still a Patriot at heart. :)

Last edited:
Crable being hurt all the time and out of football for two years is not a good sign... his career's probably headed for an acrimonious end.

As for Woods, the real problem is that the team is now in a position where it actually has to look to a STer to make a contribution at linebacker. Nothing against him, but that's all he is, and if that's what his role was I'd be fine with it.

Woods is a role player at LB and a top special teamer. I would like to see him extended.

Woods is a role player at LB and a top special teamer. I would like to see him extended.

Solid depth..Agreed. No way is he a top LB.

and a guy who has spent his first 2 years on IR does not get off the mat.....he's gone

Didn't know you had an inside connection on the team. Any reason they bothered keeping him on IR instead of cutting him?

Yes he is. I'm pretty sure that I was just about to put him in the same breath as Lawrence Taylor.

So..... about as good as Lawrence Taylor, about as good as Andre Tippett, and just a notch or two below Adam Seward, then?

Didn't know you had an inside connection on the team. Any reason they bothered keeping him on IR instead of cutting him?

I believe you can't cut someone once they are hurt.....well, I guess you can, but you still pay the salary unless there is an injury settlement.

Woods is sitting in the bench due to

1)Burgess trade and woods sadly had more sacks last year than burgess playing very limited role till he got 3 starts .He was then injured.

2)Banta is playing well enough to be kept on the field meaning AD was moved to the burgess side

3)With burgess and AD on the same side as him he is not even in rotation.AD makes 10 million and burgess cost them a 5th and 1.

I see him signing with denver or kansas city next year for sure and being productive. He is a good weak side guy who will be asked to contain the run first and then pass rush on 3rd downs.
Funny how banta biggest knock was he cannot contain the run and was shipped out ,now woods is knocked for doing the exact same.

Last edited:
If there is no new CBA, Woods will be an RFA. Will the Patriots

give him a second round tender?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey