Welcome to PatsFans.com

the real problem with national health

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by tanked_as_usual, Jul 16, 2009.

1. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

is that our health care will become politicized..........does anyone really want to have their health care depend on who's in control of the house/senate/white house? in the beginning, I can see the allure of the idea........

- do you want politicians to be able to change the availability for things like abortion? yeah, there's roe v wade, but c'mon, you know the politicians will be able to make it harder

- do you want politicians to be able to control research and stop things like stem cell research the moment they take power?

in my opinion, you can't have all the money towards health care flow through the government and then back out in various directions.........the one step will have the govt middle man taking a hefty chunk of change out of the total amount to commit to some unrelated endeavor
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +507 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

The real problem is the less people have to pay out of their own pocket the more they'll show up for free. Have a sniffle ? If you're paying you'll drink liquids and stay in bed. If the government is paying ? You'll go to the doctor. Overwhelmed doctors who will be underfunded when it, inevitably, costs more than they're admitting.

Your point on abortion is good, though, and that will be a sticking point for the current House bill.
  3. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

just shelve the notion of cost for a moment......don't even think about it.....and look at what will be.....

do you want lawyers running your health care system????? I don't

do you want malpractice to basically disappear so that some hack from romania with a mail in diploma can take out your wrong kidney and your surviving family will just be out of luck??? I don't'

I believe people don't understand what they stand to lose and are only looking at what they stand to gain............people need to think about this in completion not just what happens when they get a boo-boo
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +507 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

I don't disagree, if we end up with anything close to "single payer" it will be an unmitigated disaster. Note to those who compare us to other countries, we're fatter, unhealthier and we have a heck of a lot more people. If they want to tax people (even me) to pay for the uninsured, I'm against it but whatever, but don't they dare try to move us to a single payer system.