Welcome to PatsFans.com

The real losers when teams stop playing hard in blow outs

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by hallfamebrady, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hallfamebrady

hallfamebrady On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The ticket buying public

Being a season ticket holder, I spend $1800 a year on two tickets. As a result, I want to see first string players playing a majority of the game while giving a peak performance. I am paying to see Tom Brady, not Matt Cassel

Is it fair to assume that I am going to see first string players unless circumstances like injuries come into play? Seeing two teams going through the motions in the second half is a break of of that trust. I realize that not every game is going to be exciting but they should be trying their best to make it so. I could care less if the other team gets their feelings hurt.

Has anyone in the media brought up this issue?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  2. bbabin

bbabin On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Maybe you could sue the Patriots...

3. hallfamebrady

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am just trying to bring up another point of view. Withot the fans, there is no NFL

4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

When 25,000 STHers like yourself turn in their seats in outrage over the fact that they aren't seeing starters 100% of the time, then I am sure the league will look into the issue. I will compile a list of people that have done that. Let me know when you've turned 'em in and I will make you slots numbered 1 and 2.

5. hallfamebrady

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Get a life

6. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

maybe you like the Patriots from 15 years ago or many other years when the team was REALLY bad..the starters were in all teh time an dthe team was horrible.. u are an IDIOT! Give up your tickets...there are PLENTY of fans who would like them...

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  7. Bobs My Uncle

Bobs My Uncle PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +198 / 11 / -3

#12 Jersey

Not sure why anyone is harping on the OP here. He (or she) has a very valid question.

If a season tix holder pays top $ for seats to a game then they should expect to see the best players play all game. Not 1/2 or 3/4 of a game but all of it.

Why isn't anyone (in the media) bringing this issue up when they complain that the Pats should sit ther stars down in the 2nd half of games?

8. BoTown

BoTown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

I see your point. If I'm paying I am paying to see Tom Brady play at quarterback. At the same time though, I would rather see Matt Cassel playing in a blowout than Tom Brady with the Patriots on the wrong end of a blowout. So it's not all important for me to see the top guys playing all 4 quarters, as it is seeing my team prevail when the game is over. As long as the Pats are winning, it doesn't matter to me who is playing late in the game.

9. hallfamebrady

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Give up my tickets. Are you kidding me? I have only missed five home games in the last 12 seasons (two due to children being born). Can you say that? Probably not. I have been living a dream the last 7 years.

I fully support the Pats "running up the score". Since the fans are paying top dollar, they deserve to see their team score as many points as possible with the best players. It is boring to see a team run the clock out. I know there is an art to doing this but not starting at half time. I think these teams should think about the fans when they make these ridiculous comments about running up the score. This is especially true for people who go to one or two games a season.

10. PatsFan#37

PatsFan#37 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't think most of the media cares about the truth, they only care what sells newspapers, tv shows,magazines, etc... To them controversy sells, which is why you see them change opinions as quick as the wind changes.

11. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

This is the dumbest thread ever...DUMB!!

12. fair catch fryar

fair catch fryar In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

$1800. If you're not happy, I'm sure someone else would be happy to take your spot and be happy about it. If not, you could fork another 109 million (whatever the cap is) and start paying their salaries.

13. fair catch fryar

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Take your own advice! Just because your a season ticket holder, you're a "real" fan?

14. CopenhagenPatsfan

CopenhagenPatsfan On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Did you even read the original post? Or understand it?

He is not complaning about running up the score, he is saying because he pays so much for season tickets he wants to see the real product on the field for the whole game.

He would be happy if the score was 100-0 and so would I.

What is so hard to understand about the original post, and why are people so quick to attack other people?

15. fair catch fryar

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Yes I read the post. Do you understand what my response was? First of all, the Pats have been playing their starters well into the game even after the outcome has been determined. Have you noticed the #'s being put up by Brady & Co.? Secondly, when you pay for season tickets, you accept the product you're getting. I could give two ****s about how much he paid, I want to see the Patriots win and then continue to win, not to make some guy happy because of how much he paid for his seats!

16. TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +106 / 1 / -0

I think you have a legitimate point. It's certainly not a stand-alone argument, but it's a piece of the overall argument for continuing to play competitively even in lopsided games.

17. spacecrime

spacecrime Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

:rofl:

Does it put the Evil Patriots in a bad light? THen they are not interested.

On a serious note, what is it with reading comprehension on this list? Why are so many people acting like you are complaining the Pats rest their starters when clearly you are saying exactly the opposite?

You: I'm glad the Patriots don't take out their starters.

Responders: Stop complaining. If you don't like the Patriots leaving their starters in, then give up your seasons tickets.

??????????????????????????

18. spacecrime

spacecrime Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

You may want to read the post again. You are he are in agreement. Both of you are saying that the Pats leave the starters in and that is a good thing.

The only difference is that he is saying that taking starters out and playing slappies is not giving the product people are paying for, which is another reason for playing regulars all game. This is a well-documented topic, brought up every fourth exhibition game.

19. fair catch fryar

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Right and what I'm saying is as long as the Pats are winning, I don't really care what people are paying, I want BB to do what is best for our chances to win the Superbowl! I'm not a season ticket holder, but I too am a fan who has gone to a couple games and buys the merchandise.

20. hallfamebrady

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Would you care if you bought tickets to the Dolphins game later in the season and the starters are being benched since everything is wrapped up? What about if it is the first game you have ever gone to? It is like buying tickets for a Broadway play and the understudy has the lead roll. You know it is a possibility when you buy tickets but it does not feel good.

That is why I am all for the regulars playing deep into the game. I do think it helps them competitively since they get the play hard for 60 minutes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.