PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Real Goat? I think the o-line is getting too much blame

Status
Not open for further replies.
you dudes sound like the '06 giants.

they lost because they were outcoached and outplayed.
period.

enough w/the witch hunts.

The O-line deserves every bit of blame they get. Even on the last drive the 2nd play where the Giants rushed 4, Brady got speared by some no name rookie. They were pathetic.

As far as Josh, I was never a big fan of his and still not. Maybe indifferent. I thought he called a subpar game and left Brady out on an island with the Dline's gateway to heaven aka our O-line. But at least he's fixed the ridiculous pass-run-pass crap he used to do EVERY series.

No NFL team that is good enough to go 18-0, have a record setting passing game and be reknowned for their pass protection all season should suddenly be as bad at pass protection in a game against any other NFL team as the Pats were on Sunday. How can you think that all of a sudden a very good offensive line turns into a sieve magically? It was obviously a combination of a bad scheme and the giants strength which is an excellent pass rush.

Yeah our o-line deserves blame and no they did not play their best game of the year, but are you all so foolish as to think they turned from studs into suckbags over a two week span. I have never seen an o-line get manhandled like that. It was the offensive scheme people that was different the players were the same. And yes Belichik deserves blame but I blame mostly McDaniels for that because that is his job.

A major part of the problem was Brady was asked to sit in the pocket and wait for guys to get open far too often and almost every time he was sacked or hit thereby causing negative yardage plays or wasted downs that ended our drives. If we had burned the giants a few times I guarantee you those D lineman would stop coming so fast and aggresively and that would have changed the game.

With Charlie Wiess calling the game for Brady, there is no way we would have lost. Maybe he'll give up on ND and come back to coach NE.
Charlie Weis adjusted the Patriots offensive game plan in the Super Bowl against the Eagles at halftime and the offense started to click.

I thougth the O line was suspect all year. Against a poor pass rush they look great, but against a good or great pass rush they look overmatched. Some double tight end running plays would have helped them wear out the Giants D line.

Charlie Weis adjusted the Patriots offensive game plan in the Super Bowl against the Eagles at halftime and the offense started to click.

The Eagles are a team that the Pats can always scheme for on offense pretty easily. They are a blitzing team. You can neutralize a blitzing team with a lot of screens because the blitzing defenders sell out soft spots over the line.

The Giants didn't blitz all that much. They got a lot of pressure up the middle which is Brady's weakness. Many times they only rushed either three or four defenders. That meant there was little open on the short and intermediate routes all that much. In fact, the only players consistently open were the deep guys.

McDaniels would have picked apart the Eagles with Faulk, Welker, and Maroney with a lot of screens. The screen didn't work on Sunday.

Just for the record Steve Grogan agrees with me that we should have spread it out and used a short passign gam e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back