PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Real Doug Hamilton Story Surfaces.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Report: Dougie Hamilton Refused To Sign With Bruins After Team Refused To Trade For Brother

Toronto Star columnist Damien Cox said on Sportsnet this week that Dougie Hamilton wanted the Bruins to trade for his older brother, Freddie. The team’s refusal to sign Freddie was among the many issues that irked Dougie enough to make him want to leave the Bruins organization at all costs.

“The speculation is that among the issues Hamilton had with the Bruins was the fact he wanted them to acquire the rights to his brother, Freddie, and Boston either couldn’t or wouldn’t,” Cox wrote. The rumor is likely surfacing now because the Calgary Flames, Dougie Hamilton’s current team, acquired Freddie Hamilton at the beginning of the month.

Interesting. Another story that's surfaced indicating the writing was on the wall is the one describing an end-of-season trip to Las Vegas attended by all of the players - except for Hamilton & Reilly Smith.

I still don't think that the Clod Julien is good with younger talent, but it sure sounds as if Hamilton took the matter too far in the other direction.

Interesting. This is the first I've heard about wanting the B's to accommodate his brother. Effectively, that's like saying: Take care of my brother or I'm leaving..see, I told ya. How do ya like that!

Yeah, OK, Douglas. Personally, I feel like a little kid calling a grown man "Dougie."

He was never that great to begin with. I thought the hype was way more than what he was showing. From the sounds of this, he is a big ****y that does not fit with our style of play anyway

Here's an update from Douglas:

“I don’t know. It didn’t work out and things change quick and I don’t know,” Hamilton said. “There’s not really much more to say. It’s just, it didn’t work out, and that’s it.”

Read more at: Dougie Hamilton Says He 'Loved' Boston, Dreamed Of Being 'Bruin For Life'

Interestingly, Douglas talks of his dream of being a Bruin for life, before he painted this abstraction. We couldn't have said it any better, Douglas. Of course, things do change...I don't know...it didn't work out...I don't know...things change...I don't know...it didn't work out...did I change as I was writing this...I don't know...I meant to write something else, but...things change...I don't know...it didn't work out...I don't know...so I'll just write this quick, instead.

While the NHLN's On The Fly was showing in-game action from Calgary last night, at one point Mike Rupp, or whoever the other guy was, mentioned that the differences between Hamilton and the Bs were irreconcilable,
and were most certainly not "…I don't know…"

Unfortunately for us, the Chiapet left us with Nobody in the system to replicate what Hamilton gave us. Too bad he didn't draft Justin Faulk instead of Jared Knight.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back