PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Rams have a bunch of WR, lets make a trade with them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NE39

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Torry Holt
Isaac Bruce
Shaun McDonald
Kevin Curtis
Dane Looker

Those guys are all proven vets and pretty set.

They also have Dominique Thompson, a guy in his 2nd year who is having a big camp and they like a lot.

Seems like a good match with the Pats for improving WR depth.

Maybe..Looker returning to NE....Hmmmmmmm

NE39 said:
Torry Holt
Isaac Bruce
Shaun McDonald
Kevin Curtis
Dane Looker

Those guys are all proven vets and pretty set.

They also have Dominique Thompson, a guy in his 2nd year who is having a big camp and they like a lot.

Seems like a good match with the Pats for improving WR depth.
Honestly,Id rather keep what we have.Being as Bruce and Holt are both nearing the end of the road.Mcdonald has shown some flashes in the past,But again nothing much better then what we currently have.I'll take my chances with the WR's we have,and then lean on the running game and Play Action to those stellar TE's we have.

Patriots4Ever said:
Honestly,Id rather keep what we have.Being as Bruce and Holt are both nearing the end of the road.Mcdonald has shown some flashes in the past,But again nothing much better then what we currently have.I'll take my chances with the WR's we have,and then lean on the running game and Play Action to those stellar TE's we have.

Exactly. None of those bottom of the depth chart guys are worth trading for. If they get cut, maybe I'll think differently.

Now, I'd gladly trade Deion + a high pick for Torry Holt.

I'd just wait for someone like Thompson or Pyatt to get cut. No need for a trade.

yea. i have my eye on the Dominque Thompson guy..#17 from Rams. they like him..probably owntm ake it like they said last night..it seems a settled situation. Even wanna see what Clinton Solomon can do

dryheat44 said:
Now, I'd gladly trade Deion + a high pick for Torry Holt.
I wonder how our personnel department sees Mike Williams and Charles Rogers. Branch would be dynamite playing for Martz in Detroit. Williams and Rogers aren't setting the world on fire, a deal could almost certainly be made from Detroit's end.

im 90% positve Beioli will not trade Branch. He'll come back eventually and if nothing works..we franchise him and then trade him i guess. or is that illegal like Abraham?

I kept expecting the Packers (or anybody) to rob the Rams practice squad last year. Instead those morons kept Robert Ferguson and Rod Gardner.

Remix 6 said:
im 90% positve Beioli will not trade Branch. He'll come back eventually and if nothing works..we franchise him and then trade him i guess. or is that illegal like Abraham?

It's illegal to franchise a player specifically to trade him. It is not illegal to franchise a player and then, gee whiz, a trade opportunity pops up.....

From what I can see the Rams rely on their passing game a great deal. I do not think they would give up the great depth they have at WR.

why so they are gonna carry extra WRs when they dont need them? remember Martz is gone...they dont need 7 WRs because this year they will balance

Holt
Bruce
Curtis
McDonald
Looker
^thats basically their WRs..could put Thompson or Pyatt or Solomon on practice squad but 1 will likely get taken from them

BelichickFan said:
I wonder how our personnel department sees Mike Williams and Charles Rogers. Branch would be dynamite playing for Martz in Detroit. Williams and Rogers aren't setting the world on fire, a deal could almost certainly be made from Detroit's end.

Believe me, you don't want that. Maybe they could turn it around here, but both have been demoted, everyone in Detroit hates them, and they would be cut if the financials could be worked out.

its not that they suck and got demoted..its because Marinelli is trying out diffenent people and wants to push Rogers and BMW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back