Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Purpose of Torture: Cook up a Link Between Iraq and al Qaeda

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by apple strudel, May 15, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Cheney and the weekly standard Blog vs. Colin Powell and his chief of staff.

Cheney's former chief of staff went to jail for 4 counts of obstructing justice and perjury. His lawyer is David Addington. Cheney dismisses Powell as no longer a member of the republicans. I undersand the two camps and their conflict.

I tend to believe Powell.
  2. Roland

Roland Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The libs are frothing at the mouth as they receive their mushing orders. Yo numbnuts the administration said years ago that they were trying to lure AQ fighters to the region. Prefering to fight there rather than here or the moutainous Afghanistan. Well you only know what your told and now you have exposed yourself as a media tool, another clown.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Yo NUMBNUTZ....

the 'reason' to invade Iraq was weapons of mass destruction, mushroom cloud much?

The reason to invade Afganistan was to fight them there, and smoke them out of their holes. Capture Bin laden Dead or Alive.

Al Quaeda wasn't in Iraq 'till we got there. yopu are somehow stating (and believing) That the focus of the Iraqi invasion was to lure Al Qaeda out of Afhanistan (where we were already fighting them) and into Iraq.....????

You are so confused aren't you? Its funny how you talk about "mushing" orders .... completely oblivious to your trwsting of reality to mold your talking points into a dreamed up agenda...based on lies.

by all means......GO ON!
  4. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I can't respond because there's too much froth to wipe off.

So you bomb a country that's not involved in any way so that you can use it for a theater of war? Yeah, that doesn't make sense at all.

My unfeeling testicles are telling me that the flypaper strategy breaks down utterly when you go and torture people thus completely inflating the number of al-Qaeda recruits. All it did was make more terrorists. :ugh: Anyway the real reason for invading was privatization of the world's, what, 4th largest oil reserve. The flypaper argument is a ruse.

Honk, honk.
  5. Stokes

Stokes Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Powell is a class act and a stand up guy. He's not the one that is making these claims though. This Wilkerson seems to me to be more down and dirty than Colin is.

I would have to agree with Cheney though that Colin Powell really is no longer a republican, I mean he supported a liberal democrat candidate over a moderate republican, holds almost none of the same views as the party platform on social, economic, or foreign policy issues, and is now claiming that republicans should shift away from lower taxes and less government because people favor higher taxes for more services! That to me makes him a democrat. It doesn't make me think any less of him, because he is after all a classy guy who proudly served our country and should be considered a great American success story. Putting an "R" next to his name though at this point is foolish.
  6. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

When you ask Iraqi or anybody in the world about who LIBERATED them from Sadam Hussein, BUSH is the final answer.

When you ask the same people about who LIBERATE USA from the brink of collapse, Obama is NOT even on the list.
    Last edited: May 16, 2009