• 4 game suspension

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

everlong

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Most of my friends from around the country who are fans of other teams believe that:

1. Everybody does it.
2. It was made such a big deal because it was the Patriots and BB.
3. BB's arrogance is what really cost him in the court of public opinion outside of NE, one Pitt fans quote was "it could only be better if it was Billick."
4. The punishment should have been more severe.

Besides the obvious of if you believe 1, 2, and 3 how can you believe 4 which I write off to jealousy of the Pats success.

4 kills me because of the draft pick. I think a first is way too harsh, especially when Denver only lost a 3rd for cheating the cap. Their comment is it should have included a suspension. So I asked them would you feel better if it was a lesser draft choice but had a suspension? And to a man, sampling of around a dozen, they all say yes.

I wanted to see what everybody else thought about that because I'd rather give up a lesser pick and get a suspension.

never understood the term arrogance, BB has done the same thing since he got here.. he has not changed one iota... ask him a football question, he will answer it.. all the rest is crap.

imo it was a misunderstanding of the rules pure and simple, there should have been a penalty, however the one handed down by the commish and these choices are too excessive.

I went with the first rounder only. I don't think the seniors available in the college draft this year is an especially choice crop, and by the time the Pats got to choose, most would heve been gone. So, go for a good underclass pick, and wait four years for him to become a pro-bowler. Pats are good at that.

No one likes to lose a pick, but I'd rather have Belichick on the sidelines than not.

GO PATS...KICK THE CHARGERS PATOOTIE!!!!

Frankly, I think Belichick is a great coach. He is a top-flight warfare strategist who happens to also have a bizarre psychological make-up.

I don't think he's arrogant. I think he's insecure. Trying to please dad and at the same time trying assuage those notions of his own insecurity and not being satisfied he has the best football talent around by supplementing with videoing opponents signals are pure manifestations of the man's insecurity. I'm not convinced it gave the Pats much of an edge, and it probably did little more than make Bill feel a little more secure...or did it? Is there anything that will ever make him feel totally secure with his team, his talent, and with himself.

Bill is the classic tragic Greek hero. He is a human whose character flaws cause him to self-destruct. I suspect the Patriots would still have the same record without the tapes...the Charger game certainly wasn't a result of cheating, and if he videoed, it didn't help in the Colts, Jets, or Miami games last year. The video guy was tossed prior to the game with Green Nay, and the Pats blasted them 35-0. As to news conferences and interviews...Bill is simply not good at that....it isn't arrogance...once again it's insecurity.

Winning doesn't make Bill secure. Knowing he has one of the best teams in the league doesn't make Bill secure. Three SB rings don't make Bill secure. There is nothing that will ever make Bill feel totally secure, so Bill tries to find things he thinks will make him more secure...unfortunately, taping isn't a kosher way to do it. Greek hero...fall on sword...get real bruised in the process.

The real questions now are what will Bill Belichick use as a security blanket, and how will he be impacted by losing the one he had?

I still think he will coach the Patriots to a great season, but I'm wondering what will happen to the man?

2nd and 4th round only! the rules could have been more precise

Not enough options in your poll. I think a one-game suspension and fine would have been appropriate, no need to mess with the draft picks.

I wanted to see what everybody else thought about that because I'd rather give up a lesser pick and get a suspension.

I would WAAAAAAAAY have preferred a lesser draft pick and a suspension. A suspension would've been gotten past quickly, the team probably would've rallied around coach and won any games for which he was suspended, and we'd still have a #1 pick.

....it isn't arrogance...once again it's insecurity.

Winning doesn't make Bill secure. Knowing he has one of the best teams in the league doesn't make Bill secure. Three SB rings don't make Bill secure. There is nothing that will ever make Bill feel totally secure, so Bill tries to find things he thinks will make him more secure...unfortunately, taping isn't a kosher way to do it. Greek hero...fall on sword...get real bruised in the process.

The real questions now are what will Bill Belichick use as a security blanket, and how will he be impacted by losing the one he had?

I don't think you could be any more wrong in your assessment. It's precisely that he is NOT insecure that most likely drives his behavior. He has no interest in impressing anyone. Those who know him personally, swear by him. Those on the outside have no clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back