Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Pulitzer-winning investigation that dare not be uttered on TV

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Apr 22, 2009.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,016 / 42 / -31

#24 Jersey

The Pulitzer-winning investigation that dare not be uttered on TV - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

The media is all over the waterboarding story however.
    Wasn't the media's coopration in the selling of the Iraq war bad enough ... ratings above shame and honesty.

BTW ... we are supposed to feel bad for the demise of the media industry ... feel bad for these self serving whores?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +830 / 27 / -33

I always viewed the comments of retired generals and admirals with a great deal of skepticism, they tended to get all involved in military talk and used lots of acronyms that we were supposed to all understand.. their superior attitude was condescending and belittling to the viewer.

3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Military people are trained to speak with that tone. It's kinda robotic and many parts of speech are "tone-neutralized. It's was hard for me to get rid of that sickening southern accent and referring to people as "individuals" when I got out after only 4 years. I remember an uncle sounding like a dazed robot when he came home from Nam. Imagine how the language of a career man gets distorted. I don't think most of them know how they sound.

4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Not sure why you automatically draw the connection between waterboarding and the conspiracy between the media and the government to get us into Iraq. They seem like two very different things. I guess if you want to say that the media will say whatever the government wants and can't be trusted on anything...I'd have to agree.

Those opposed to torture already are opposed to torture, though, for moral and historically traditional reasons. Those who look at waterboarding as torture or not should have already made up their minds without media "influence" for the most part, IMO.

5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +830 / 27 / -33

Have been involved with military folks all my life, friends, families, employment.. come from a Navy Town, and the base played a huge part in my life.. have always felt that putting these folks on national news networks was a tad disengenuous, they tried to dazzle with their superior konwledge.. reminded me of when Schwartzkopf used to have those televised briefings during the First Gulf Conflict, whatever it was called.