PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Psychology of Roger Goodell

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJP

Nosce Te Ipsum
Reaction score
Beyond the local, well-deserved jubilation that has resulted from Judge Berman's excellent decision in federal court yesterday (see, New York isn't all bad), is the fact that we Pats fans can finally focus on the fact that our team is about to start on a campaign to defend its world championship! We should have been able to start that process six months ago, but for the nonsense that became known as deflategate. So, live it up, my fellow Pats fans! You deserve it. I have not contributed much in the past months to this forum, but have been consistently impressed with the intelligence, grit, and loyalty of those who come here to contribute to the forum. This is your victory as well.

I would also like to note that it is an interesting psychological aside that the media commentary on Goodell's intransigence, his inflexibility that is causing the NFL to implode right now, was reinforced yesterday. Think about it. Judge Berman releases a 40-page, detailed decision just nuking Goodell. As a matter of fact, Goodell is so torched in the decision that Judge Berman decides that many of the issues raised by the NFLPA don't even need to be addressed in his total vindication of Tom Brady. Why? Because Goodell and the NFL have already been burned to a radiant crisp before even having to take up these additional issues (which, he certainly could do in the future based on appeal. Remember that, there are unused bullets in the NFLPA chamber). Here's the good part. Instead of mulling it over for a day or two, digesting the judge's decision, conferring with others, etc., Goodell, within a few HOURS of Berman's decision, runs back to federal court to file an appeal, while issuing a statement disagreeing with Berman (and mentioning that 32 franchises are with him -- reallly, Rog, you're including the Patriots in that statement as being with you?) In other words, old Roger keeps digging the hole deeper, without reflection or thought.

Sometimes you just have to fold your cards, Rog, and live to fight another day. Goodell is going all the way down. The bottom line is that the evidence points to the conclusion that it is more probable than not that Commissioner Goodell is really not that smart. Moreover, he surrounds himself with the worst corporate attorneys who cannot even win in venues of their own choosing! In the process, it is now becoming abundantly clear that Goodell is making a complete mockery out of his position as NFL Commissioner. I hope (but doubt) that Brady files anti-defamation charges against Goodell, the NFL, Mike Kensil, and Teddy Bear Wells. Maybe that's what it will take for those billionaire owners to wake up and excise the beast.

Media reports are saying this morning that in the second circuit in New York (and remember, Boston is the FIRST circuit) Judge Berman is one of the most widely respected federal district court judges, and Berman has about the lowest rate in the second circuit concerning his decisions being overturned on appeal.

Keep digging, Rog. Keep digging.

I take immense pleasure in knowing that come next Thursday I'll be closer to the action on opening day in Foxborough than you will, Mr. Commissioner! Ha ha ha.

Is anyone on ESPN going to psychoanalyze Goodell?

Could the documentary resemble this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing