PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The psychological underpinnings of Cameragate - The Victim Complex

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not my post. I am re-posting a relevant thread.

"Out, out, brief candle!" I'll get over a ban, but for what TOS violation would I be banned for? Are the possible negative repercussions of Cameragate taboo here?
Did I miss it OR is it a phantom post YOUR post..troll...GO AWAY!!!

When did urban dictionary become a credible source, anyways?

Also: if the victim complex "poisons" the Pats to the tune of another Super Bowl or two, then I'm absolutely A-OK with that. And there's nothing Faustian about it, ******, beyond that it's one of uncountable examples of giving something up to get something else. If that's all there is to it, then it was very Faustian of you to come to this board. You got to spread your message, but the end effect is that you're just wasting your time, since nobody is going to take you seriously.

I have a new rule to propose: anyone who cites Von Goethe and Urban Dictionary in reference to a football team is automatically branded a self-important jackass who needs to be IP banned.

Last edited:
If you got sentenced to a month in jail for going 70 mph on a 65 limit highway, and you felt victimized...Is that the victim complex or is that actually being a victim of an overzelous judge?

I believe the above analogy is closer to what the Patriots did than a steriods analogy.

They brought their camera 15 yards closer than they were legally allowed to do (legal being the front row of seats in the stands). The camera was still a field width away from the target.

It's not my post. I am re-posting a relevant thread.

"Out, out, brief candle!" I'll get over a ban, but for what TOS violation would I be banned for? Are the possible negative repercussions of Cameragate taboo here?

Where'd ya go, Aaron?

Did my PM scare you off?

Did I miss it OR is it a phantom post YOUR post..troll...GO AWAY!!!

I've PM'ed him and I think we won't be hearing much from this insurance broker anymore.

This poster is a straight up idiot.

We will go ahead and continue to win superbowls and you can feel free to drool in your Cheerios bowl and post completely irrelevant fake-psuedo-psychocrapola until somebody puts you out of your misery with a lifetime ban. Hopefully sooner than later.

The poster is basing his assumption that the Patriots are scoring because they feel victim to this whole overblown spygate issue. The media likes that story and it probably sells, but its far from true. The Patriots are scoring points because no one can stop them. They are scoring points because they can. You don't need a motivation in this league to score points, and you certainly don't need an excuse.

Just because the Patriots are up 21 points at the half doesn't mean Brady is going to start carelessly lobbing the ball, it doesn't mean Randy Moss is going to stride down the field at half speed, it doesn't mean Lawrence Maroney is not looking for the open field... As shown by the Colts/Pats game Sunday it takes 60 minutes of Football to win some times...anything less and you become complacent.

The poster is basing his assumption that the Patriots are scoring because they feel victim to this whole overblown spygate issue. The media likes that story and it probably sells, but its far from true. The Patriots are scoring points because no one can stop them. They are scoring points because they can. You don't need a motivation in this league to score points, and you certainly don't need an excuse.

Excuse me but are you the one on the field throwing the passes or catching the ball?

The post was a valid question. No one here (unless you are a member of the Patriots locker-room) can answer the question with any certainty but we can share our opinions.

You are absolutely right BTW that no one (yet) can stop them. But we can postulate that they may have been given additional motivation to do well based on the media and fan attention on the spy-gate controversy.

I emailed the thesis to Rodney Harrison. This is his reply:

"While it can be argued that the resulting "victim violence" can indeed have a dark side, I believe the true significance and brighter side of it is that we will rip the arms and legs off our opponents and them beat them to death with them. One must also realize that violence is simply the manifestation of political disorientation………Well either that or they’re really pissing me right the fugg off!"
:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back