PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The projected spots open/Offseason predictions

I still feel like they will take a RB in the mid rounds, but it could really depend on how they view White and Gray. They aren't going to count on Gaffney for any contribution, but do they think White can replace Vereen? Do they think Gray can be a back they pair with Blount, they should theoretically complement each other well, or do they view him as JAG

By the time the draft comes around (and thus we FA is behind us) we will have a clearer picture of the RB position.

But to me the only open, important question is Vereen. Ridley would be nice to have on a cheap 1 year deal but if he finds someone that pays him more post ACL then I am happy for the guy and wish him good luck. Even without him there is already some nice competition at RB for TC.

Last edited:
How the FO feels about Gaffney will determine how high an off-season priority RB is, though it would
be nice to have an explosive home-run hitter in the backfield; Vereen & White certainly do not qualify.

On offense, there are greater needs, and spots available, at LG, 2 WRs, and OT.
On defense, we need an Edge Rusher, coverage LB, SS, and someone to replace the cripple Easley.

I can not inagine a better draft for bb to go after a pass rusher in the first round,

But if too many rushers come off the board early, we can literally use our first round pick on the best guard in the draft and he should start from day one.

I can not inagine a better draft for bb to go after a pass rusher in the first round,

But if too many rushers come off the board early, we can literally use our first round pick on the best guard in the draft and he should start from day one.

That's kind of my thinking, too.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back