Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Price Of War (where is cindy sheehan)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, May 15, 2010.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

Why are we still at War, Bin Laden Will Never Be Caught, where are all the Democrat "Doves" where are all the Anti War people especially the "Entertainment World" where is Snot Face Sean Penn, what happened to all those people with their Toy Drums and Anti War Signs, where the hell did they go, the day President Jug Ears was Coronated and after all the Weeping Obama Groupies went home the War Protesters Vanished From The Face Of This Earth....:confused:

News Today, a couple of years ago the Dingobats would have gone beserk over news like this (phony scumsucking bastards)
    WASHINGTON — The monthly cost of the war in Afghanistan, driven by troop increases and fighting on difficult terrain, has topped Iraq costs for the first time since 2003 and shows no sign of letting up.
    Afghan war costs now outpace Iraq's - USATODAY.com

2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +223 / 6 / -2

#91 Jersey

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse: AHH Harry that was the IRAQ war, you know the one with the WMD,:rolleyes: the one that were not really involved in militarily any longer, the one that we're on schedual to withdraw next year. You need to get out of the bunker once in awhile and get some Sun, conversly if your out in the Sun you need to go back in the bunker :singing:

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  3. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

War is war why are we at war,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:confused:

4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

From A John Fonda Kerry speech:
    After the speech Bush took care of Saddam for him

Fonda Kerry Speech,
    In my judgment, the Security Council should authorize a strong U.N. military response that will materially damage, if not totally destroy, as much as possible of the suspected infrastructure for developing and manufacturing weapons of mass destruction, as well as key military command and control nodes. Saddam Hussein should pay a grave price, in a currency that he understands and values, for his unacceptable behavior.
    Primary Document: John Kerry on Saddam Hussein on NRO

5. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +296 / 3 / -4

So one either supports all wars or none?

Have to admit, I'm surprised to hear you're a pacifist. I think that's naive, but it's refreshing to hear given your other "views."

6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Obama lied and soldiers died.

Weren't we supposed to be out of the Middle East by now? And no more Gitmo, warrantless wiretapping, deficit or dependency on foreign oil..?

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +511 / 14 / -28

Lets look at the facts.. when Obama came into office there were 140K troops in Iraq, and now there are less than 100K.. they have plans to get us down to 50K by August.. he said that the US would be down to somewhere between 35K and 50K would remain.

Is Obama's Iraq Pullout Deadline Still Possible? (CHART) | TPMMuckraker

Afghanistan is a no win situation and a complete waste of men and money. Get out now and move on from these endless wars..

He tried to close Guantanamo, but the hysteria of the right would not allow that.. he tried to bring them to trial, but the hysteria of the right would not allow that..

There is no evidence of warrantless wiretapping right now, the FISA court is a rubber stamp and the previous dude did not want to take that very easy step.

8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

They better start wiretapping again the Enemy is getting closer each time they try to blow up and kill our women and children (times square) they will never give up, it is just a matter of time.
    God I hope we don't offend them or mention their religion, I wish there was a way to blame those friggin Baptists.

9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So you admit that Obama is a weak willed individual that caves in to pressure from his political opponents? I agree.
    There are no so blind as he who will not see. :rofl: :rofl:

10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

Obama is just as bad if not worse than Bush, the people know it.
    Many liberal Bush Haters also know it but rather than admit it "THEY ARE SILENT" except for Helen Thomas who herself is an admitted Flaming Liberal, she recently said when asked about Obama, "he's no liberal, thats all I'll say"

Hope'y. Change'y, it never came.

11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +511 / 14 / -28

He cannot make the change without congress... they are the weak sister.

12. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,395 / 33 / -53

No Jersey Selected

Obama's original timetable for a withdraw from Iraq was 16 months.

[​IMG]

13. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +223 / 6 / -2

#91 Jersey

Yeah Obamas withdrawal schedual being behind in cleaning up the Shrubs EPIC FAILURE of a War is a real epic failure. :rolleyes:

14. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

First of all, that's not true. Second of all, but don't the democrats own a significant majority in both houses of Congress?

To blame the right for Obama's weak will is pathetic. I actually respect the liberals more who admit they are disappointed in Obama than I do apologists like you who are trying to blame the right for Obama's broken promises.

15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +618 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

Educate us, please......what, exactly, can the president do without congress other than issue an executive order?

16. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Um, the President of the United States is the Commander in Chief of the United States military. (You really should read the U.S. Constitution sometime - great info to be found there). He could call all them boys home from Iraq tomorrow if he wanted to. When he says jump, the military says "how high, sir?" And he could close Gitmo too. In fact here's an article where he promised to do precisely that:

Obama to order Guantanamo Bay prison closed - CNN.com

It's pretty funny how from 2001-2008, everything that happened was George Bush's fault... but now, all of a sudden, the President cannot do anything without Congress' approval. :bricks:

17. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +2,395 / 33 / -53

No Jersey Selected

Trying to turn the discussion in the direction of the war as a whole is a red herring. The mere fact of the matter is that Obama promised Americans that the timetable for a withdrawal from Iraq was 16 months. It's a promise that Obama has since broken. This is pertinent only because you mention a current timetable for withdraw, which is why I laughed when I saw it. If I were a betting man, I would push all of my chips to the center of the table in favor of the U.S. military NOT being out of Iraq within a year.

By the way, I was never in favor of the war in Iraq. I said as much when Bush was in office and I'm saying as much now.

18. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +2,395 / 33 / -53

No Jersey Selected

This is something that should be pounded into everyone's head.

19. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Amen. Although I must confess I made a horrible mistake. I wrote that everything that happened from 2001-2008 was George Bush's fault. What was I thinking..?!? Everything that has happened from 2001-2010 (up to and including the present day) is George Bush's fault..!!

20. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +2,395 / 33 / -53

No Jersey Selected

I personally blame the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, both World Wars, and Chernobyl on George W. Bush.