Welcome to PatsFans.com

The President is taking the family to see Psy’s the anti-American rapper.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by cupofjoe1962, Dec 9, 2012.

1. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +130 / 20 / -16

I guess the President got lucky and landed seats between Bill Ayers and
    Jane Fonda.

Gangnam Nationalism: Why Psy’s anti-American rap shouldn’t surprise you

Ready for this ?
    I am sure glad my tax dollars are going to be picking up the tab for
    this night out... Maybe they will be handing out American Flags, for a
    group burn following the performance.

2. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,964 / 14 / -22

#61 Jersey

Those events were years ago and not remotely part of Psy's current act. (He went to college in Boston, by the way.) Since "Gangnam Style" became an international hit, he's been big $$$ and about as apolitical as it gets. It's sort of hard to take that article seriously, at least as far as Psy is concerned. He's just a song-and-dance pop star.

3. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +130 / 20 / -16

You really believe that?

He is now famous, so he has apoligized because he wants to make money
    in the American market.

He is still the same DB, who sang....

It makes me sick that our President would take his family to watch this clown.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +715 / 20 / -30

Remember when Natalie Maines said those 7 words about George Bush, and the subsequent effort to impede the Dixie Chicks??.. That effort went so far as to elicit death threats and threats of rape against them...

Music is what it is, a form of entertainment.. Psy comments are about equal to what the Dahling of the right, Ted Nugent, has said recently.

Psy apologized for what he said.. this is no big deal, except on Fox News which will repeat this over and over again today, tommorrow, the next day and all week...

[​IMG]

5. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +213 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Yeah his apology comes on now. What took him so long? A little too convenient for me to automatically give him the benefit of the doubt. He needs to get on stage and perform a song that proves he is sorry...and not just at this event coming up. I want to see him do that in Korea. He needs to take it back....show he is sincere.

His apology is also a little weak in my book too.

Hey Psy, how else could those words be interpreted? You called for the death of our soldiers and their families....slowly and painfully.

6. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +715 / 20 / -30

As much as you folks want it to be different, Obama is in office for the next 49 months and there is little hope of getting him out..

Despite the best efforts of the right; several movies and 89 anti obama books he is still the president.. so continue with the hate, he can pretty much do what he wants and there is not much that can be done about it.

Pretty confident that the right wing thought police will hammer away today about how Obama hates the military, but of course they are not paying attention...

7. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +213 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Sure lots of people will pounce on this to try and prove Obama hates the military but I think he(Obama) needs to address why he's performing. Psy isn't off the hook yet as far as I'm concerned. Fox News viewers are a deflection from the issue and their behavior in no way excuses Psy or his chicken***** "interretation" problem apology.

8. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +511 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Many of those you're telling this too, actually voted for Obama.....now how do you feel?

47 made a very valid point. This kid said things that MUST be taken seriously....espcecially if our children are listening to his bullsheeit words.

I'd love to see a US Marine slap him around a tad.....

9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +715 / 20 / -30

Obama had no control over the folks who played, it was done by others.. he followed tradition.it was not a government function nor was it in the White House..

This reminds me of the attempted brouhaha last week over the 54 Christmas Trees in the White House, after closer inspection this pretty much done every year give or take a couple of trees... there was also an effort to claim that it was a waste of government employee time, then it was found out the majority of work was done by volunteers.. the tree at the entrance and the main tree both honored veterans and their families, there was even a place reserved for military families to post their own ornaments..

10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +715 / 20 / -30

Lets see how I feel, I do not give a shyt about this guy... in my world and for most of the world he is a nonfactor, but will get mucho play on anonymous internet message boards and Fox News.. Bill O had commentary on him last week... calling him "little fat guy" or some other such nonsense..

11. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +213 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

He's being featured. He has no business performing to our President and Commander in Chief. I'd love to see him stand up and walk out on him. Psy aint no Christmas tree.

12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +715 / 20 / -30

You are aware that this is the 31st concert attended by the President at the time and it is a charity for a Children's Hospital.. your beef is with the concert producers..

13. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +511 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

You're wrong Darryl....psy may have been a non-factor/irrelevant until our Commander In Chief decided to go see him perform.

Now, even you have to see him as a factor. After all, having the POTUS see you perform live puts one front & center on the world stage bro

14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +715 / 20 / -30

Read more on it, before you tell me I am wrong.. in a world of sound bytes you make sense, but in a world of facts you make no sense..

You are aware it was a charity function for a local Children's Hospital..

15. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,812 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

We didn't torture and kill innocent people in Iraq?

So now Iraq was a justifiable war?

His choice of words may not have been PC ... but he wasn't all wrong on the issue either.

Did we kill Iraqi citizens slowly and painfully?

Burn them with Willy Pete at times or maim them with cluster bombs and mines?

Words in music are not always said literally.

16. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +511 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I'd love to have a discussion with you in real life without your keyboard and google.

psy said what he said...and that included killing Americans. And now he's IN America prospering from those insane words.

One doesn't come to this country and suggest killing Americans and not pay a price for it.

Like I said, some marines should take him outside for a little "discussion".

17. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +511 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

It doesn't matter what our military did....this douch came here and sang the words;

Kill those —— Yankees who have been torturing Iraqi captives
    Kill those —— Yankees who ordered them to torture
    Kill their daughters, mothers, daughters-in-law, and fathers
    Kill them all slowly and painfully

And you think it's justified? Why?

Wouldn't be surprised to read about something happening to psy very "slowly & painfully"....you just never know.

18. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,812 / 35 / -29

#87 Jersey

I did not say justified ... merely pointing out that he was opining with free speech.

I don't think he meant it literally either ... I think he meant it as what if the shoe was on the other foot.

Our country's military has killed many innocent people ... can't hide from that and the perception it gives others around the world. We are presently indirectly responsible for many deaths in Africa and the Middle East. Every time there's a drone strike ... innocent people are maimed and/or killed.

That's is us ... it's a harsh reality but 100% true.

If something happened to Psy based on those words he wrote

- C'est La Vie - he spoke them and he wears them.

19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +990 / 2 / -9

Barack Hussein Obama was re-elected by the people, we have nothing to do now but "live with it" in the next few years Obama will do many little things like this, he will also do some big things and say things that will make many Americans sick to their stomachs, it should be very clear now what side of the fence Michelle and Barry are on, personally I find Barack Hussein Obama disgusting.

You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet.

20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +715 / 20 / -30

I would not associate with you in real life, aside from a nod...

Did you notice that it was a charity event for a DC Children's Hospital, and not a function sponsored by Obama or the American Government..

Did you notice that since his commentary he has served in the S. Korean Millitary..

Take it as face value, there is no endorsement of the rapper... what we did in Iraq was a travesty, and for some reason those who speak on this subject should be silenced by the right..

Always amused at the outrage of the right, however the silence when their poster boy, Ted Nugent, makes veiled threats on the President... but seek his endorsement.