Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Powwa!

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by ColtinIraq, Oct 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColtinIraq

ColtinIraq Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2007&week=9

2. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +183 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

This week we settle all family business.

3. wdkantro2

wdkantro2 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No one cares about power rankings. I care about this:
    "Win or lose on Sunday, the Colts suspect this will be the first of two against the Pats. "We will see New England twice this season," Dwight Freeney told the Indy Star. Presumably, No. 2 will be the AFC title game."

Exhibit A of why I love the Pats; they'd never say crap like that.

4. ColtinIraq

ColtinIraq Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh nooooooo - the Pats don't say anything. Not even Belicheck (literally).

5. wdkantro2

wdkantro2 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yeah, that's kind of what I meant. Was that supposed to be a comeback?

6. jays52

jays52 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +209 / 1 / -1

#91 Jersey

"You don't talk smack! How dare you?! How rude! Don't you know that running your mouth to the media is the classy way? Not pandering to beat writers....that's so....un-christian!"

Indy fans are so cute and cuddly I just wanna pinch their cheeks!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2007
  7. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +112 / 2 / -3

Sounds like the spin on how a Colts loss doesn't matter has already started... from their own players no less...

NICE!

8. BingoBrown

BingoBrown On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

"We will see New England twice this season," Dwight Freeney

Mr Freeney's Xmas wish list:

[​IMG]

:D

9. FreakGoDeep

FreakGoDeep Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Pats don't PLAY bad Pass defenses

Pats MAKE bad pass defenses.

washington was a good pass defense once....i believe it was 3 days ago.

10. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I'm not convinced that the Colts will see N.E. if they lose Sunday. I'll wait and see what they do at San Diego the following week. I'll give the Colts their due if they win the next two games, but right now I'm thinking two losses for them. That being said, they might have a hard road to travel just to get to New England come January.

11. letekro

letekro In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +19 / 2 / -3

If these "experts" are going to talk about competition - thay at least could take the same shots at the Colts defense. Let's take a look at the explosive offenses they have "shut down":

Titans: Vince Young threw for 43 yards last week. For the game.

Jaguars: Great defense, good running game. Horrible passing game. Is it a great accomplishment to shut down Quinn Gray?

Houston w/o Andre Johnson and Ahman Green: Which leaves.....Bueller????

Carolina: Vinny T came off his couch and led an 11 minute touchdown drive. Then he goes down and the great Colts D "smothers" the legendary David Carr.

Bucs: They had about 50 yards against us last year and they lost their top two running backs.

New Orleans: Their offensive struggles for the first month of the season were well chronicled.

Denver: No Javon Walker, still ran for over 200 yards in the first half.

There may be some good teams in there (I would include only Jacksonville and Tennessee), but there is not a single offense that would even be considered average.

12. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +180 / 4 / -2

#75 Jersey

Don't forget Brandon Jones dropping a wide open ball that would of put the Titans in FG range on the final drive. Indy ended up winning 22-20.

13. KoolAidDrinker

KoolAidDrinker Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am hoping that too, but unless the Charger secondary has drastically improved, Peyton will shred it.

As for the playoffs, NOTHING is guaranteed there. That quick D of theirs might be tired by then.

A visit to Foxboro in late January is the sexiest scenario but who knows!

14. He Ban Me

He Ban Me Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So, how do all these crappy teams have a combined record of 27-24? 27-17 if you remove the losses to the Colts??
    Every team has injuries, as YOU well know, as you have faced some depleted teams as well. While NE opponents are 24-34, 24-26 subtracting losses to NE.

15. FrontSeven

FrontSeven Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Rankings are kind of cute, don't you think?

There's only one ranking that really matters before the game is played, and that's the line set in Vegas. Granted, it's a ranking set by bettor expectations, but that turns out to be more accurate than any other ranking.

That's because big money is on the line with that ranking. It's too bad the ESPN guys and others get to make their picks without proper fear of losing their farms. Then you stop trying to figure out who you "like" and put your money on who you think will help you keep your farm.

Anybody betting on Indy straight up is in danger of losing their farm.

16. letekro

letekro In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +19 / 2 / -3

Look, I'm just saying, if you're going to say our passing numbers are skewed b/c we haven't played great defenses, you also have to look in the mirror and realize that you have played a bunch of mediocre to terrible offenses, several of which had their 2nd and 3rd string QB playing. Any downward adjustment you want to give to our offense ppg, you should give a similar upward adjustment to your points allowed. I mean if you want to have a civilized discussion.

17. fair catch fryar

fair catch fryar In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

I totally agree. I predict that win or lose Indy will not be hosting an AFC championship game this year. I'm really going out on a limb:rolleyes: saying the Pats will win this Sunday, and in doing so, draw up a blueprint to expose the weaknesses that are the Indianapolis Colts to all upcoming opponents. I.E. By neutralizing Bob Sanders with our multiple weapons of mass destruction and forcing their overrated defense to be on the field way too long and eventually softening up their marshmallow run defense by the 3rd quarter as Maroney will finally have a big game and Brady will occasionally drop back to launch satellites in the opposing endzone as the Patriots ruthlessly run up the score and Brady tosses three TD passes along with two rushing TDs from Maroney and a defensive TD as we cruise past the Colts much in the same manner we dispatched the Chargers.

Pats-42
    Colts-24

18. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Why don't you wait until AFTER the Colts play San Diego to talk about records. New England has faced the Chargers and Dallas as top opponents, now what are the two top teams Indy has played?

19. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Easy, They all play each other, and someone has to win those games.......... The AFC South is the most OVER-RATED DIVISION in the NFL. Couple that with the fact that the AFC South is on a NFC South swing. The NFC South is a hot bed of crappy teams (the whole division is (12-19). In fact, included in your vaunted 27-24 opponant combined records is 5 (yes 5) wins against the Atlanta Falcons, who if I'm not mistaken lost to the Great Fall River Otters JV team last week :rolleyes:

Wheas NE has to burn through 2 of the harder divisions this year AFC North and NFC East.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.