Welcome to PatsFans.com

The political game

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +569 / 22 / -19

For a long time, I one I've enjoyed about politics are the Belichick's who create victory. each generation has a Belichick or two. Reagan had Atwater, Bush had Rove, and Obama has Plouffe/Atwater. Each of these men surely built on the ideas and work of their predecessors to figure out how to win an election. These individuals are easily hated, just as fans of other teams hate Belichick, but you have to give them their due.

For those who believe that campaigns, not candidates, win elections, the New York Times has a pretty interesting article on how the Obama campaign defeated the Romney campaign. As the results showed, it wasn't a slam dunk, and that's because the Romney campaign had its own talent, and understood what was happening. If you enjoy the politics of politics, I think you will find this article worth reading.

Obama Campaign Clawed Back After a Dismal Debate - NYTimes.com

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  2. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +221 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Don't forget Nate Silver of http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/author/nate-silver/ who had 49/50 last time and an even better record this election of predicting the winner in every state.........He was using the Sabermetrics that Moneyball made famous...

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +816 / 27 / -33

Talk about games, Karl Rove pooped the bed big time.. perhaps it is time for him to fade away. Just keep giving him more and more money..

Karl Rove's election nightmare: Super PAC's spending was nearly for naught - Open Channel

[​IMG]

4. Drewski

Drewski In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +362 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

In a sorta related thought Darryl I have been thinking about the money spent and the election.

I am wondering if the mega rich donors that basically oil the machine we know as American Politics will at some time soon begin to re-evaluate how they play a part?

Specifically, you see donors and groups on both sides throwing around huge sums of money. I mean 35M (just a number) is still buku bucks to even the richest of folks. So how do they feel when there is 0 ROI?

I guess my pipe dream is that the ROI (or lack there of for the loser) will cause a reevaluation of people throwing huge amounts of money into the system each 2/4/6 years.

(sips coffee)......On second thought....maybe I'm crazy :)