PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Playoff Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Even though the full playoff picture is still a little cloudy, I figured I would give you guys my thoughts, and I'm curious to hear yours (not only on the AFC but the NFC as well). All bias aside, the Pats are coming together at the right time, and we know that the playoffs are their time of year. I won't believe that they will be knocked off until I see someone actually do it (I don't know what makes this season's Colts that much better than the Colts of the past few seasons).

I don't really feel like re-typing all of my thoughts since I have them on my blog (which I encourage all of you to check out -- It's actually part of a contest hosted by foxsports.com, and I would love to hear some feedback from you folks :) ), so here's a link to it....

http://blogs.foxsports.com/ChefBoyarDay

What are everybody else's thoughts on the playoff picture?

Colts = Team Titanic

OMFG ! :rofl:

-R

p.s. But is Peyton Leonardo Di Caprio or Kate Winslet ?

:rofl:

Interesting but ... you said

"...Arturo Freeman, is looking a little better every week ..."

since when?

I meant the secondary, not Arturo Freeman in particular, I just threw his name in with the secondary, probably a bad move (although he could be worse), but I wrote the thing at 5 AM so I was a little delirious.

Last edited:
njpatsfan said:
Colts = Team Titanic

OMFG ! :rofl:

-R

p.s. But is Peyton Leonardo Di Caprio or Kate Winslet ?

:rofl:

Peyton is the Captain in the wheelhouse at the end of the movie, with the water rushing in. But for Peyton's it's not water but our defensive front seven having the same crushing effect.

andyguitar

Main Ingredient said:
I meant the secondary, not Arturo Freeman in particular, I just threw his name in with the secondary, probably a bad move (although he could be worse), but I wrote the thing at 5 AM so I was a little delirious.
I believe Blutarsky's advise is called for here, alcohol poisoning sounds more constructive than delirium. Just to correct the record, Freeman was cut after two games at SS (poor tackling) and James Sanders started one game (Denver) and was re-injured before the half. Eugene Wilson has started each game at FS and in recent games BB has been using CB Artrel Hawkins at SS with good results.

The core theme of your blog revolves around the mental aspects of a playoff run. Ranking the Coaching Staffs for mental toughness:

1. NE
2. Den
3. Pit
4. Cin
5. Ind/Jac

Ranking the mental toughness of the team's leaders:

1. NE - Brady, Bruschi, Vinietari, etc.
2. Pit - Rothlisberger, Bettis, Porter, etc.
3. Cin - Palmer, Johnson
4. Ind - Manning, Freeney, Sanders
5. Den - Plummer, Lynch
6. Jac - Leftwhich

Pats homer or not, it just boils down to which teams playmakers have shown they consistently have the mental toughness in high pressure situations, and which coaches develop that best in their teams. Don't bet against the Pats in the playoff pressure cooker.

Jesus, I'm really sorry. Talk about delirium - I meant Artrell Hawkins not Arturo Freeman, ignore that brain fart please. It's fixed now, and my apologies about the confusion.... finals week is taking a toll on me. This is exactly why I wanted feedback, I really appreciate it Box.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey