PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Pioli to leave rumors gaining momentum

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, there haven't been any reports that he's negotiating publically. All the reports are SPECULATION that Pioli may go somewhere.

They aren't just reports that he doesn't want to leave. Its fact. It's come right from the horse's mouth.

So, that just leaves you with theory that he's negotiating publically and you are using that to justify another theory that its reasonable to think Pioli is trying to get more money from Kraft.

Its a circular argument at best because your using one theory to justify the other.

Nicely put.

There are any number of scenario's that seem 'potentially credible' but unless there are actual sources then its speculation on the same level as a mock draft.

It might happen, but there is zero actual evidence to say that it will happen.

First of all, there haven't been any reports that he's negotiating publically.

I'm sorry. I was under the impression that you read the first sentence of this thread before repeatedly posting in it, and indeed the whole original post.

My error.

Last edited:
I'm sorry. I was under the impression that you read the first sentence of this thread before repeatedly posting in it, and indeed the whole original post.

My error.

You might want to re-read that first sentence of the thread....

Last edited:
You might want to re-read that first sentence of the thread....

I did.

The article quoted makes multiple claims about Pioli's opinions and state of mind, based on anonymous tips. Not speculation -- reported (accurately or otherwise) claims.

Last edited:
I only believe Patriots-related info from the media if it comes from Reiss. Not saying that Pioli won't leave, but this article hasn't changed my perception of the likelihood of it.

I did.

The article quoted makes multiple claims about Pioli's opinions and state of mind, based on anonymous tips. Not speculation -- reported (accurately or otherwise) claims.

That doesn't make DaBruinz wrong.

Well, it looks like Mike Florio has joined in the act on the rumors with a Pioli to Cleveland rumor. I think Cleveland makes more sense than most teams since he started his career in Cleveland. Still don't buy the rumors until I actually see Pioli at least interview.

ProFootballTalk.com - RUMORS FLY OF PIOLI TO CLEVELAND

Well, it looks like Mike Florio has joined in the act on the rumors with a Pioli to Cleveland rumor. I think Cleveland makes more sense than most teams since he started his career in Cleveland. Still don't buy the rumors until I actually see Pioli at least interview.

ProFootballTalk.com - RUMORS FLY OF PIOLI TO CLEVELAND

Well, if he goes to Cleveland (and that is a big if), the fans can kiss Cowher good bye. No way Cowher takes that job unless he has complete control over all personnel.

My error.
You are correct that it was YOUR error, but you are incorrect that I am the one who didn't read the first post. Its clear that you didn't actually read the article you posted because no where in the first sentence does it say that Pioli is negotiating publically.

The fact that you put ANY credence is this pathetic article is amazing. Especially when they say such BS like " Pioli has failed to earn the respect he deserves for helping to build the Patriots into the NFL’s most consistent winner". Pioli is one of the most respected GMs in the LEAGUE and he's well on his way to becoming known as one of the best of all time. Pioli has gotten 2 Executive of the Year awards and has been acknowledged by both Kraft and BB as being a major component of their success.

You should have been able to sniff the BS of this article out rather easily.

I did.

The article is nothing but heresay and rumors. Mostly its just BS.

You are correct that it was YOUR error, but you are incorrect that I am the one who didn't read the first post. Its clear that you didn't actually read the article you posted because no where in the first sentence does it say that Pioli is negotiating publically.

The fact that you put ANY credence is this pathetic article is amazing. Especially when they say such BS like " Pioli has failed to earn the respect he deserves for helping to build the Patriots into the NFL’s most consistent winner". Pioli is one of the most respected GMs in the LEAGUE and he's well on his way to becoming known as one of the best of all time. Pioli has gotten 2 Executive of the Year awards and has been acknowledged by both Kraft and BB as being a major component of their success.

You should have been able to sniff the BS of this article out rather easily.

I don't have the patience to point out all the illogic in your "because". I also don't recall posting an article in this forum at all for a while, let alone on the subject of Pioli, so the rest of the first paragraph of your post is even greater nonsense.

As for the second paragraph, quality of reporting and quality of analysis are only partially correlated, so that part of your argument also makes no sense.

Anyhow, I wish you a great rest of the weekend with the utmost sincerity, since I doubt you'll regard it as great unless the Pat make it into the playoffs. ;)

Last edited:
Does anybody know who is currently employed in the Pats front office besides Pioli, Adams and Director of player personnel - Nick Caserio?

Also if Mangini is fired and McDaniels does leave for KC or elsewhere, would BB be interested in bringing in Brian Shottenheimer or Brian Dabol as the new OC?
Would BB have any interest in Bryan Cox or Jerome Henderson as coaches for us?

Here in the south, it appears that BB and Saban have patched up their differences and are now best buds again. How soon would it take BB to patch up the BB-Mangini relationship, provided Mangini is fired next week?

Here in the south, it appears that BB and Saban have patched up their differences and are now best buds again. How soon would it take BB to patch up the BB-Mangini relationship, provided Mangini is fired next week?

I think the ceremonial burial of the hatchet is scheduled for the 25th of Never. :)

Does anybody know who is currently employed in the Pats front office besides Pioli, Adams and Director of player personnel - Nick Caserio?

Also if Mangini is fired and McDaniels does leave for KC or elsewhere, would BB be interested in bringing in Brian Shottenheimer or Brian Dabol as the new OC?
Would BB have any interest in Bryan Cox or Jerome Henderson as coaches for us?

A couple of things. Belichick and Saban never had a falling out. Even when Saban was the head coach of the Dolphins, they were close friends. They agreed to limit contact with each other during the season though. Saban never backstabbed Belichick like Mangini.

Schottenheimer is a bad OC and runs a modified version of Marty Ball. I doubt Belichick would ever add him to his staff. Brian Dabol maybe.

As for other staff members, it would depend on openings.

A couple of things. Belichick and Saban never had a falling out. Even when Saban was the head coach of the Dolphins, they were close friends. They agreed to limit contact with each other during the season though. Saban never backstabbed Belichick like Mangini.

Schottenheimer is a bad OC and runs a modified version of Marty Ball. I doubt Belichick would ever add him to his staff. Brian Dabol maybe.

Well, he'd be bringing Brian Daboll back--Daboll was WR coach in 2006. Of course, I don't think Nick Caserio exactly minded taking Daboll's place in 2007. [Seriously--is there any WR coach who wouldn't want to work with Moss and Welker? :D]

Tip of the cap to the scouts - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com
...here is a look at the Patriots' personnel department:

Scott Pioli -- VP of player personnel
Nick Caserio -- Director of player personnel
Marvin Allen -- area scout
Larry Cook -- scouting consultant
DuJuan Daniels -- scouting assistant
Mike Disner - scouting assistant
Brian Flores -- pro scout
Tim Heffelfinger -- area scout
Frantzy Jourdain -- area scout
Nancy Meier -- director of scouting administration
Jay Muraco -- college scouting coordinator
Jim Nagy -- area scout
Kyle O'Brien -- area scout
Monti Ossenfort -- area scout
Adam Peters -- area scout
Tim Pichette -- scouting assistant
Bob Quinn -- regional scout
Jonathan Robinson -- regional scout
Brian Smith -- pro scout
Patrick Stewart -- scouting assistant

I saw over breakfast that the Browns are asking Savage and Crennel both to step down.

To me that indicates that the Browns already have some idea of who their next GM will be. Whether that means they've spoken with Pioli I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes