Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Piano Playing Cat

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by JackPMiller, Feb 20, 2007.

1. JackPMiller

JackPMiller Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

http://www.nbc10.com/entertainment/11065620/detail.html

Philadelphia Cat Plays Piano
    POSTED: 5:11 pm EST February 20, 2007

PHILADELPHIA -- A Philadelphia cat is making it big, showing off her musical skills online.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Video: Raw Video
    Slideshow: Cat Plays Piano
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But when Center City piano teacher Betsy Alexander and her husband adopted Nora the stray three years ago, they had no idea.

"We were like, 'Oh my God!'" Alexander said. "She only purrs when she's at the piano."

She was truly a musically inclined cat.

"After about a year of being here, she started playing the piano. I didn't teach her it at all," Alexander said. "She always sits on the bench when she plays."

"Sometimes she plays so much at a student's lesson, I have to pull the bench away."

About three weeks ago, Nora gained notoriety when a home video hit YouTube.

"It's just been growing ever since," Alexander said.

Alexander originally posted the video on YouTube so her niece in Wyoming could check out Nora's musical skills. It didn't take long for the cat to become a star. As of now, the video has been played more than 650,000 times and e-mails have poured in from all over the world.

"We're having fun with this little moment of celebrity that she's having" Alexander said.

But Nora's owners say a concert tour won't be within her reach.

Copyright 2007 by NBC10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2007