Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Pharmaceutical Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, May 5, 2008.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

There has been an economical war going on in America that not many are aware of but I think many of you would be outraged if you knew the truth.

I am referring to the concerted attack upon the vitamin & supplement industry that Pharmaceutical giants have been waging for years in America. Their ultimate goal is to put vitamin manufactureres out of business. The weapon they are using is a complicated international strategy called "Codex" laws. These laws would put vitamins under the classification of "drugs" & you would no longer be able to purchase them over the counter.

Many countries have adopted the codex laws. As a result, supplements like vitamin C can only be obtained through a prescription. And here's the kicker, they won't prescribe a strong enough does to truly have an effect upon the user.

The bottom line is that vitamins are helping to make Americans healthier and Pharmaceutical companies don't want people to be "Really healthy"...they need sick people, that just makes sense.

Under U.S. law, vitamins are currently classified as "Food" products and thus can make no absolute claims to cure anything. They can only suggest that a product may help heart disease.

In one "Codex" country, Echinacea (immune health) went from $9 per bottle to $52 per bottle by prescription. In addition, the prescription version contained only one quarter of the dose the former over the counter version had.

If you have any interest in preventing pharmaceutical companies from taking over the vitamin indutry, please write your congressman. We don't need these easily accessible supplements to good health to be controlled by an industry that benefits from having sick people.

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

We're not making anything in the US anymore. We're now a service economy. We need sick people to create healthcare jobs! WTF is wrong with you? Don't you know anything about economics?!

3. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

I like your sarcasm wistah! Actually, just about all vitamin products sold in the U.S. are manufactured in this country. Just another reason for you to support this vital industry! They don't have other countries manufacture them because they must be sure their quality meet standards. Otherwise, one bad batch will give Pharmaceuticals a reason to say "see what happens? If you let us make & sell vitamins, this wouldn't happen!"

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

I believe the Cure For Cancer was found years ago and Millions were handed out in "Cover Up Money" and death was threatened to all who knew this if they ever Spoke Up.

The Salk Vaccine that cured Polio was announced the day it was discovered, within a week shots were being given, Polio was stopped in it's tracks. Polio clinics had to close their doors, the Big Shot Polio CEO's were out of a job.

THEY BLEW IT WITH POLIO AND THEY WON'T MAKE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN, CANCER WILL BE AROUND FOR QUITE AWHILE LONGER.

CANCER IS "BIG BUSINESS" ALL OVER THE WORLD.

5. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

I believe there are many things like you discuss that go on in this corporation we call America

6. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Pretty sure that all synthetic vitamin C is imported from China.

FWIW.

Just another reason to support Ron Paul.

7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +512 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Yay, another conspiracy thread. You can get plenty of vitamins from eating vegetables. When they try to ban broccoli, you'll have my attention.

8. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Not really. Food is being grown in depleted soil, picked too early, forced to ripen, transported, waxed, sprayed, dyed etc etc...by the time you get vegetables in the average supermarket, they've lost most of their nutritional value.

9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

I am now starting to wonder about "Organic" my wife buys a lot of Organic stuff but it still doesn't taste like the food we had years ago, maybe it's me, they say your tatse buds get screwed up with age.

In August I go on a "Tomato Cucumber & Corn" bender, I sit out in my yard eating Fresh Garden tomatos, cucumbers and Ears of Fresh Corn with Fresh Crabmeat and a Case of Beer, the crap in the Supermarkets can't come close to it.....

:bricks:

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  10. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

The ingredients may be, but the actual pills are manufactured in the U.S. after the ingredients are thoroughly tested to ensure quality.

Trust me on that.

11. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

Educate yourself on the declining lack of nutrients in the vegetables grown on U.S. farms due to overused soil and too many pesticides. If you eat organic, you're ok. Let me know how much fish oil you get from your broccoli!;)

Listen, I'm not posting opinion here, everything I've said is fact. You can debate me if you like, but you'll be wrong.

12. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

I couldn't have said it better myself...you're up on the current state of affairs in U.S. farming. I'm impressed!

13. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

You just made me hungry man!:p

Let's all remember the point of this post.

US PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES DON'T WANT AMERICANS TAKING VITAMINS. WHY? BECAUSE THEY WANT TO OWN THE RIGHTS TO GIVE US VITAMINS.

AND IF THAT HAPPENS, YOU'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO BUY ENOUGH TO GET YOU TRULY HEALTHY.

I don't know about anyone else, but that's pretty important to me.

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  14. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You know...this makes me laugh. You can debate me if you like, but you'll be wrong. I might even have to make that my signature.
    :D

I'm not sure how much better "organic" is, honestly. If it's local, it's better, but I don't trust the government or the supermarkets to know what "organic" is or should be.

God. I'm turning into one of "them".

:eek:

15. scott c

scott c On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Its O.K. a.paul,now your just like me.....a sort of half breed....I sit here and look at both parties and just shake my head in disgust.......:singing:

16. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

In all honesty, if you're an average joe or Jane in America, how can you have any trust in our government no matter which party you support.

It used to be only the "liberals" believed in conspiracy theories. Now that we've all see our president's cabinet get rich of the Iraq war and big oil have their highest profits in history, who TF can we trust?

Just keep in mind, the information I'm giving you on the Pharmaceutical industry is from the "inside" out...hear what I'm saying? Someone needs to toss me a whistle so I can blow it!:eek: