Welcome to PatsFans.com

The person who Gore beat for the Peace Prize.....

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by FreeTedWilliams, Oct 16, 2007.

1. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +85 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Somehow making up lies about the enviroment, is more important than a poor old woman, who, in her youth, helped saved 2,500 Jewish children from the Nazis. If you had any thought that this award had any merit whatsoever left, after such recent stellar reciepents: Al Gore, Jiommy Carter, and Yasser Araft. This will put that thought to an end.

Here's her story.....

http://www.auschwitz.dk/Sendler.htm
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

I was talking about this to my girlfriend last night. She's not overly political, but complained to me about the politics of the Dixie Chics & Al Gore winning awards this year, since she watches all those Oscar, Emmy's, stuff. Anyhow, she asked me about the Nobel Prize thing, cuz she wanted to know it that was fixed too. LOL. Again, she's really not a political person, but she really disliked the fact that awards weren't given on merrit, as it meant someone deserving didn't win, and also that such tools would be used to make political statements. That irked her. What bugs me is someone deserving not winning.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

If the women who FTW speaks of was a "Left Wing, Liberal America Hating Bush Hating Screwball A$s Hole" she would have won, if I was her I would be damn proud to be turned down by that Nobel Piece Sh!t bastard f-cking outfit.
    :bricks:
  4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

It is your opinion that global warming is a farce. Frankly, I don't know who to believe on this issue since the propaganda and facts on both sides can seem convincing at times.

As for your later statement, I don't mean to be offensive, but what is it about saving Jewish people where you come off as having the mentality that Jewish lives are worth more than other people's lives? The tone of your statement definitely suggests this. Many individuals have saved several groups of people in history numbering many orders of magnitude more than 2500 Jewish survivors.

Jewish lives aren't worth more than any other people's live, such as the millions of Gypsies and handicapped people who died in Germany as well. Additionally, I have read some stories where individual Japanese officers saved tons of Jews through immigration forms, and I believe the Chinese also habored Jews in Shanghai. There isn't anything overly special about that woman compared to other people who have saved the lives of other people.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  5. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +85 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Jewish lives aren't worth more, HOWEVER, helping Jewish kids escape the Nazis put your life in serious danger!!! How many people when faced by the Nazis either a) helped the Nazis round up the Jews or b) did nothing.

I wasn't commenting on anything Jewish, other than the fact that they were being hunted and this woman helped save the children (which is a hell of alot more than AlGore has ever done in his life).
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

WTF, MAV!
    Jews are God's Chosen People, Dumbazz! That makes them better! JEEZ!
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

If there were a Nobel "Raising Awareness About Something Important" Prize, I might consider giving it to Gore, but the "Peace" prize? I don't think so. The runner up FTW puts up doesn't deserve it either. I think GW Bush should get it for his efforts in Iraq to end the violence that has been going on there since the US....oh, wait a minute...never mind.:(
  8. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

So what? usually that's what happens when heroes save lives, you are risking your life. Saving 2500 Jewish lives isn't this great feat that is worthy of attention more than the tons of individuals in history who have saved more people, several orders of magnitude more.

Do you not realize the tone of your statements? You really do sound like you believe Jewish people are worth more or are better. I don't care if you think you are a chosen individual, you aren't better than anyone. Your tone is as crazy as a Christian fundamentalist like Anne Coulter who thinks non-Christians are going to hell.
  9. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

On this point I can agree, it seems a little inappropriate to me that Al Gore won the Peace Prize.
  10. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +85 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

I'm not Jewish, I think you are reading your own bias into this.
  11. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

There's no debate anymore. The idea that there's an argument is a myth. There are a handful of skeptics out there who are trotted out every now and then by politico-business interests, but there are skeptics for everything. There are even scientists out there who say the world is only 7,000 years old. When you begin reading the science, you discover that you hear the same skeptics over and over again, and many of them are not so much challenging the human contribution to global warming as they are challenging specific aspects of the research. Check any legitimate scientific publication and you will find that the preponderance of evidence overwhelmingly supports a human contribution to global warming that could have very serious repercussions.

The rest of your post I agree with, though it should be put in such a way that all those people who saved lives are heroes who deserve recognition and accolades.
  12. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

There you have it folks. There is no debate anymore (did one even take place?). It's certifiable. That must be more of that obejctivity, (in)tolerance, debate, and discussion stuff I keep hearing about. :bricks:

As Jerry Jones would say, "How about them COWboys!". :D
  13. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Originally Posted by maverick4
    As for your later statement, I don't mean to be offensive, but what is it about saving Jewish people where you come off as having the mentality that Jewish lives are worth more than other people's lives? The tone of your statement definitely suggests this. Many individuals have saved several groups of people in history numbering many orders of magnitude more than 2500 Jewish survivors.

Jewish lives aren't worth more than any other people's live, such as the millions of Gypsies and handicapped people who died in Germany as well. Additionally, I have read some stories where individual Japanese officers saved tons of Jews through immigration forms, and I believe the Chinese also habored Jews in Shanghai. There isn't anything overly special about that woman compared to other people who have saved the lives of other people.

So you agree that one persons life is not more than any other human beings? So when can we get rid of cop killer laws that say otherwise? Also, if a life is worth no more from one person to the next, then why are the rights of humans not held to the same standard? Why are a violation of one persons rights, more egregious than the same violation of mine?
  14. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

Exactly NEM. ;)
  15. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Maybe NEM, but based on his choosing an example of Jewish survivors, mentioning the Nazis.. it's seems like he does value the lives of Jews more. Why not pick someone who saved hundreds of thousands of people post-Tsunami, or any other event?

On to the Global Warming thing, I've looked at both sides, both sides have effective propaganda and facts, but the one side that has an incentive is those who gain from more fossil fuel dependent life.

Can someone who denies global warming tell me what the incentive would be for global warming people to make this stuff up? What is the end gain from making up a controversy if it's not true, who benefits.
  16. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Boy, talk about looking for a fight. Surely, you agree that one person's life isn't worth more than the next. Sometimes the laws are set up to protect more vulnerable groups. Thus, we have hate crime laws in some places, laws that provide longer sentences if you kill a cop, and there are probably other examples too. I would think that if you were in a group that was likely to be victimized, then it's quite possible laws would be passed to try to protect that group.
  17. Real World

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

I'm not looking for a fight. I'm simply pointing out how unable you are to call a spade a spade. ;)
  18. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

There really is no debate, except in the popular media. It's pretty difficult to find an expert who believes humans don't contribute to global warming or that global warming is not a danger. Sure, they're out there, but science has always been about the preponderance of evidence. When you get right down to it, you can't prove anything. Can't even prove the world is round. You have to trust scientists there, too.
  19. FreeTedWilliams

Ratings:
    +85 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Gore defends his extraordinary personal energy usage by telling critics he maintains a "carbon neutral" lifestyle by buying "carbon offsets," but the company that receives his payments turns out to be partly owned and chaired by the former vice president himself.

Gore has built a "green money-making machine capable of eventually generating billions of dollars for investors, including himself, but he set it up so that the average Joe can't afford to play on Gore's terms," writes blogger Dan Riehl.

Gore has described the lifestyle he and his wife Tipper live as "carbon neutral," meaning he tries to offset any energy usage, including plane flights and car trips, by "purchasing verifiable reductions in CO2 elsewhere."

But it turns out he pays for his extra-large carbon footprint through Generation Investment Management, a London-based company with offices in Washington, D.C., for which he serves as chairman. The company was established to take financial advantage of new technologies and solutions related to combating "global warming," reports blogger Bill Hobbs.
  20. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

You didn't answer the question, you're just criticizing him.
    To what end benefit do global warming people gain from making this up?

There is clear benefit to global warming deniers to continue the liftestyle we have built for ourselves.

OK I see what you mean but it's pretty far fetched. Gore is trying to create a whole new industry and change the entire way of life as we know it, for purely financial gain?