Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Pentagon on Iraq and civil war..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Blue Collar, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Pentagon Brass, Iraq civil war is possible, VIOLENCE '' is probably as bad as I ever seen it'' General Testifies....

Let's here the righties opinions in this thread, without it dying and no response from you guys...
    http://www.msnbc.com/id/14159535/
  2. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's gotta be tough for the administration now that active generals are publicly questioning them on Iraq and their top uniformed attorneys are publicly questioning them on detainee rights. Sort of makes it hard to drop the ol' "you're either with us, or you're against the military" lie.
  3. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That line is becoming dangerous for the bush administration to banner around america these days.....I wonder what patsfan13 has to say about this, or PFIEL, hopefully they don't toss the line they like to use...It's a fraud video or liberal news organization......
  4. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Outgoing British ambassador, warns of Iraq civil war...
    http://www.townhall.com/News/NewsArticle.aspx?contentGUID=4129685e-5727-4786-ba7c-

Patsfan13, where those blog links you had where they said 8 or 12 areas are peaceful and Iraq is getting better not worse....It's just THE LIBERAL MEDIA PUTING A BAD PERSPECTIVE ON IRAQ TO MAKE THE PRESIDENT LOOK BAD:cool:
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2006
  5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +163 / 7 / -13

I think wars are dificult there are good points and bad points. IMO we should have taken out Sadr when we had the chance, bad decision. I would note that the current problems seem to mostly be in Baghdad. Hope the Iraqi's can resolve this.
  6. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Why would we have taken out Sadr? That would have hastened the insurgency.

You still don't get it do you?? You can't win a war in which you've taken up positions on both sides of the front.

If we bolster the Shia (which we are doing), Iran gets stronger and the Sunni insurgency grows.

If we bolster the Sunni, Syria gets stronger and the Shia insurgency grows.

Right now, we are trying to play both off on each other without any better idea of how to control the escalation in violence.

I suppose if Bush had had even the slightest comprehension of the intricacies of this region and its occupants, before he let the neo-cons (and Chalabi) lie us into this quagmire, we wouldn't be in this mess. BUt, so it goes...a schitstorm which noone has the slightest idea of how to get out.

At least now, the military has stopped trying to fool themselves about the mess the chickenhawks (Bush Rove Cheney) have gotten us into.

Only now, will they attempt to force a long overdue political solution or get us further entwined in this senseless slaughter? My guess is the latter. Bushs neocon cabal has no answers now, just as they had no answers 3 years ago.
  7. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

According to patsfan13 we are negative, you have to look at the positives..Let me know WTF those are in OUR $ 320BILLION and thousands of lives spent in IRAQ, because of what bin laden did on 911 while in AFGHANISTAN planning 911..And is still ALIVE AND PLANNING ATTACKS..
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2005
  8. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Not only that, but theres every indication to think we know exactly where he is (most point to Pakistan) but no longer have the resolve to bring him to justice.

This, of course, is now fueling conspiracy theories that makes JFK look simple and foolish in comparison.

I'm sure the dolts will have fun defending this failure in the war on terra. (They always clam up when Bin Laden discussions begun)
  9. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hmmmmmmmm who woulda thunk it, Remember when bush kicked out the inspectors to shock and awe IRAQ..And then sent in the ground campaign to topple Baghdad and secure the southern oil fields...Within weeks chaos was rampant in the streets in Baghdad due to killing and looting, and rummy had an excuse for that while maintaing the IRAQIS are treating the U.S. troops as liberators.....What a huge pile of sh--..
  10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

...crickets chirping.....
  11. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Another thread QUIET.....Maybe they have reasoned with all the other evidence we have provided on the bush administration and IRAQ, that this is a forgery or the generals are liberals and are out make BUSH look like an IDIOT, and therfore it's nothing more than partisan bickering....Unless you bush and iraq war supporters have something, anything to say in this discussion? your more than welcome to enter and provided your intellectual insight on this NEW issue...
  12. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Let's give another thread, that the righties want to die, a proper burial..
    http://content.clearchannel.com/newsaudio/911/tribute_songs/whitney_houston_anthem.wma

Bring on kathleen wiley's cat killing, now that's NEWS...
  13. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

14. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hey Good afternoon ELO, got a couple threads about your boy, come on in.
  15. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Again, they go a walking, after midnight, looking for bush love:scared:
  16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +163 / 7 / -13

Problem is BC your posts lack content and anything worth commenting on. Others can make an argument, you merely post silly soundbites taken out of context to play an irrelevant gotcha game. If you are that shallow why bother to respond.
  17. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's a thread for ''ALL'' forum members, if you choose to ignore me, so be it.
    WHY not communicate with at Least one poster who has opposing political views than you.....Seems simple enough.....Know what I mean, there's plenty of info here, lefties have posted here....Everyone is waiting.....You posted in the thread, and discussed Blue Collar, not the info, why can;t you start with one post work that, and go to the next one, why?
  18. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Look at the posters in the thread, gomezcat, turk,nem,maine surely one of those posters, meets your standard, who you can TALK TO...Know what I mean?
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2005
  19. Mainefan

Mainefan Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Patsfan13, I feel your discomfort. And I've seen it before. I remember the Watergate investigation and the staunch Republican on the panel who was the last to say that Nixon had done wrong. Believe me, you don't want to be that guy now. The time has truly come to give it up.
  20. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +163 / 7 / -13

Well If I felt the policy was wring I would say so. What is see here is partisan ranting (by many not all on the left) without a lot of thought behind it. IMO this is In the case of these threads I was giving my opinion on why no of the supporters of the GWOT were commenting or responding to the ranters. I would point out that those aon the left are unwilling to consider any information that contradicts their worldview. I point in particular to the translated Iraqi documents that no one on
    your side' will even consider when evaluating the Iraq campaign in the GWOT.

Comparing the actions of Bush to Nixon is nonsense. IMO the media and the people on the left are expecting the GWOT to be like a TV show that is resolved in 1 hr with no errors made. Real life isn't like that. Conservatives tend to deal with the way things are rather than the way we'd like them to be.