Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Penn State Mess... they need to clean house

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Nov 9, 2011.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Initially missed the headlines on this somehow, but have been following this ever burgeoning story for the past day or so.. maybe the Patriots Game got in the way.

HTF can something like this happen, as there seems to have been a bunch of knowledgable folks who knew about it and they allowed it to keep on happening. Sandusky is also the adoptive father of 6 kids, WTF???

Now I am hearing that Joe Paterno is off the hook?? Thought that if you knew of an incidence of child abuse you were legally mandated to report it, Joe knew but covered it up. That is pretty much standard practice and law across the country.. in Pennsylvania it is a misdemeanor, but there is still criminal culpability.

This stuff goes back to 1998 and has been going on since then.

http://www.rainn.org/pdf-files-and-...ces/2009-Mandatory-Report/Pennsylvania09C.pdf

There is a boatload of liability here for the University and this litigation will go on for years, they covered this whole thing up and then allowed it to go on.

Penn State Nittany Lions' sex abuse scandal -- Jerry Sandusky was on campus last week, reports say - ESPN

Another thing do not get is what are 10 year olds hanging around college campuses, do they hope to get an upper edge on getting recruited by Penn State?? They also travelled to away games with Sandusky.... this is the most bizarre cases ever read, and is right up there with the Father Geoghan case..
  2. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Agreed, this is quite a mess for PSU and an extremely sad human story.

How did they let this monster keep going?

On a breaking note, JoePa will retire at seasons end. What a sad ending to an otherwise HOF career. Saw an interesting fact in an op-ed on CNNSI yesterday.

JoePa has the most wins in college football history (D1), but has never put his school in a position to be put on NCAA probation.
  3. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

Most of what I have heard about this so far makes me want to puke...and then punch something.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

The changing world, the changing America, the changing culture, we are told now to "let it all hang out" we are bombarded daily in America with "sex sh!t" millions of dollars are made peddling all kinds of sexual behavior, it is now the "Cool Thing" times are changing, boys are no longer safe anywhere even in church, the entertainment world now thrives on "SEX" the American Advertisers make millions on "SEX" in the "new culture" the word "F-ck" prevails.

So Long It's Been Good To Know Ya.

LIVE WITH IT

:bricks:
    "take me lord i'm ready"
  5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's a disgusting, despicable situation. How these people are not all being hauled away to jail right now is beyond me, let alone how they all still have jobs. Paterno has (thus far) avoided indictment with his "I know nussink!" defense. And the PSU trustees apparently have decided to "investigate" which is the coward's way of not making any immediate decisions.

And what kind of p*ssy ass POS walks in on a 60 year old sodomizing a 10 year old and doesn't start pummelling the 60 year old immediately? How does that McQueary guy sleep at night? The jerkoff's reaction wasn't to grab a baseball bat and crack skulls, but rather to run away to his office and phone daddy.

Until about 48 hours ago, I had nothing but respect and admiration for Paterno and the Penn State football program. Today I despise them.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  6. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -4

I realize you hate America, but this has nothing to do with "the changing America" or advertising, entertainment or the decreased sexual repression in the nation.

It's sad that a grown man might actually believe what you believe.

see ya
  7. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -4

for once I wholeheartedly agree with wolfpack
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

These Pigs along with All the other PERVERTS that commit these acts inculding Priests and Reverends should immediatlly be put on trial and if found guilty should be put in front of a Firing Squad the very next day and be shot dead, they are vile worthless swine.
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Now it is being reported that Joe Pa will finish out the year, there are high powered litigators right now waiting for their phone to ring...

Cannot believe how stupid Penn State is, by continuing this charade.. their liability is increasing exponentially by not doing something.
  10. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

A baffling and stomach turning mess.
  11. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 8 / -13

Paterno the AD the whole management structure of PSU needs to go now. Paterno had a life long rep as a guy who did things the 'right way', his program was supposed to have avoided the corruption other programs have seen. That is all gone, his reputation is GONE.
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +657 / 2 / -9

In the world of the sex pervert they did nothing wrong.
  13. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I haven't been following this story, it makes me sick. I'm SO TIRED of hearing about these fkin pervs that are "in charge" of kids. Really wtf; the Boy Scouts, the Altar Boys, teachers, the TSA ;) Seriously though UGH.

Meanwhile I just heard one of the coaches disappeared-not Paterno but the other one.
  14. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

There is plenty of blame to go around. The graduate assistant, now a coach at PSU ( a former football player)who allegedly saw a middle aged man anally raping a ten year old child and chose not to intervene ( like asking,"wtf are you doing") to protect the child. A young strong former football player wouldn't approach a middle aged POS.....Not much courage there on his part....
    but rather he asked his father what he should do and then went to Joe Paterno and not the cops.....Kitty Genovese revisited.......

If Joe Paterno was informed about the original 1998 investigation and I have to believe a coach like that has his finger on everything going on because Sandusky retired soon after the 1998 allegations...when the graduate assistant came to him in 2002 with what he saw in the shower, his first call should have been to the police. He may be legally blameless but morally his compass is way off.....
    The administration that covered up and lied to a grand jury.......

They need to clean house and start with the University President who stated he would back the two officials charged unconditionally before he backed off that line....Alumni in the Philly area are outraged and threatening to not give a dime until they clean house.....
  15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Cannot believe that they are allowing him to stay for the game on Saturday..

the less they do, the more complicit they all look.. this is not going away PSU folks..

These games are filled with potential recruits, if I were a father of a potential recruit I would not go this weekend.. and would discourage my son from going to that school as I could not trust them.

No one answered why 10 year olds were let to hang around this pervert..
  16. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,036 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

17. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +555 / 7 / -9

Are you sure the Democrat Machine didn't molest the boy in the shower?

Where's Herman Cain to explain this away?
  18. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Taking a thread like this and turning it into partisan jabs, with a very lame attempt at humor, is a new low in this forum. :mad:

I'm sure the Mrs. will be very proud of her big bad brave hubby who went into the thread about child molestation at Penn State (and the subsequent coverup) and got in a shot at Herman Cain, as if he has anything remotely to do with this subject. :mad:
  19. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Nice to be so glib about something so serious..........

As Icy posted, all it takes for evil to succeed is for good men ( and women) to do nothing....
  20. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Paterno FIRED.