Welcome to PatsFans.com

The peacemakers are winning

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +223 / 6 / -7

If we had been more effective in Iraq and Afghanistan, I think the American people would have been gung-ho about going into Iran.

At the height of Bush's madness, my worry was that that the Decider wanted an imperial U.S. and would have expanded our military objectives with support from the same sort of blindness that gives rise to regimes like those of Stalin, Hitler, and the Colonialists. Had we gone into Iran, it's quite likely the war would have expanded further.

It is thanks to the American left that we averted vastly more dangerous times in the last 8 years. Though we didn't stop the war, we made it politically impossible for the Decider to expand the war. The peacemakers waged a major fight against the warmongers and ultimately won. War is out of fashion.
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +450 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Why do you continue to call him The Decider when Obama has been just as coccky about his win ? Your argument about Bush fell apart right there. As to the thread, it has nothing to do with the Left, it has to do with the lack of short term success in Iraq. More dangerous times are coming, Iran is still working on a nuke, Israel is still bound and determined to stop it. Terrorists are still out to kill us. I hope Obama is up to it, I don't think he is.