Welcome to PatsFans.com

The Pats vs. Giants will be televised on WCVB 5

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Touchback Jack, Dec 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Touchback Jack

Touchback Jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
  2. kinky

kinky Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Two points :

1. That is little consolation for the larger part of New England who do not receive WCVB (Maine, NH etc)

2. This still may not mean that Concast subscribers will get the game through the cable provider. As you see, NFL Network is allowing the game to be simulcast by WCVB. However, WCVB do not have re-distribution rights. So, NFLN can make Concast blackout the game through the cable provider. The folks who get WCVB directly would still get the game (OTA transmissions).

However, my opinion is that NFLN will not want to play grinch to the small portion of MA/RI/CT consumers who get WCVB and will allow the game to be seen through Concast/Cable provider also.

NFLN still would have made their point across the nation by cutting off their nose to spite their face.
  3. Touchback Jack

Touchback Jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

I'm pretty sure WCVB is a local station that is distributed via basic cable as well as DirectTV

edit: I'm not talking about the rest of the nation, I'm just letting the Massachusetts fans know because most of them were concerned
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
  4. Touchback Jack

Touchback Jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.