PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Pats version of Ricky Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by feelthepain
Before Brady wound up in NE what had he won of any significance???? Give me a break with the Brady love Mr. 6TH round draft pick almost went undrafted, he's a good QB in a great system....period!!!!!!!! I love how because your Pat fans you think it gives you the right to crap on every QB in the league because Brady was the QB of a team that won three SB's by a combined 9 pts. Those numbers don't suggest dominace by a QB to me. Infact if it weren't for a clutch kicker the Pats would have 0 SB victories in those three SB's! But I never hear a word about Vinitari.
Give me an O...

O!

Give me an L

L!

Give me an I

I!

Give me an N

N!

Give me a D

D!

Give me an O

O!

Wide to the right, Olllllllllllllindo Marrrrree.

In 2004 the fins were 4-12 but one of our four wins was against the Pats, who BTW went on to win the SB that year. Division rival games are a wash. Stop looking for excuses to trash Culpepper. Brady has never put up the kind of numbers Culpepper has. But since the Pats as a TEAM won three SB in 4 years Brady is given all the credit even though he didn' do all the work. It's amazing that Brady gets are the credit for winning and Culpepper gets all the blame for losing, even though Brady didn't win the SB alone and Culpepper didn't lose all his games alone.

In 2004 the Fins also had a playoff caliber D and the game you are referring to was a whole lot more meaningful to the Fins than the Pats.

Pat fans want to say the Fin fans are jealous over the Pats success, but you don't see fin fans disrepecting or trashing the Pats most fin fans here believe the Pats will still be a tough team in the division, but you see one hell of a lot of Pat fans trashing and disrespecting the Dolphins. Seems like every day I read on here a Pats fan trashing Culpepper or the Fins D or the coaching., but none of the fin fans here are trashing the Pats.

I think my post was entirely respectful. Regardless, do you really think all the comments by Aqua have been completely respectful, or have never trashed the Pats? I know you are a Dolphins fan which is fine, but do you honestly think Culpepper is better than Brady? He is no doubt an improvement over the past QB's of that team but I am not being a homer by being shocked by that statement. I think most non-Dolphins fans would agree with me.

We simply believe we have improved enough to take the division or at least compete for it and you arrogant Pat fans think god himself has declared the Pats the only keeper to the division title. Seems to me the spoiled brat Pat fans don't want to share....ahhh too bad.

That is fine that you believe that, but us as Patriots fans believe the opposite. What makes your opinion more valid? Why are we spoiled brat fans for thinking a team will be improved but is not yet ready to truly challenge the greatest team of the 21st century? I don't think the Pats are only keeper of the division title as you say. I just don't think the Dolphins are there yet. That does not make me arrogant. Am I supposed to say a team is better than I truly think it is, because it often seems that if I give the team I happen to be a fan of any credit, it is dismissed as my homerisms, no matter how valid it may be. It is not a matter of arrogance, it is a matter of not legitimately and honestly thinking one team is better than the other. I have read several major NFL preview publications, and if I recall I don't think one picked the Fins to win the AFC East. The writers of these are objective, but are you going to call them arrogant too. Realize that not just Pats fans think the Fins aren't good enough to do it this year. I think Miami will be better than last year, and when I feel they are good enough to really challenge for the division title I will have no problem saying so.

Last edited:
zippo59 said:
In 2004 the Fins also had a playoff caliber D and the game you are referring to was a whole lot more meaningful to the Fins than the Pats.

Amazing the excuses the Pat fans think they are entitled to. Miami was 4-12 with a playoff caliber D in 2004. Good lord you people are quite in love with yourselves aren't you. Now let me get this strait, your EXCUSE for the loss against the fins in 2004 was our stunning D, but we no longer have a playoff caliber D because....you say we aren't ready yet to compete for the division title!!?!?!? I'm confused by your brilliance. Miami's D is better now then it was last year and our O has take a big step forward by just the addition of Culpepper, then we added FA's and the draft not to mention the other O weapons already here, but we aren't good enough yet?? OK, I forgot you're a Pat fan and for some reason Pat fans are always right. I guess.

I think my post was entirely respectful. Regardless, do you really think all the comments by Aqua have been completely respectful, or have never trashed the Pats? I know you are a Dolphins fan which is fine, but do you honestly think Culpepper is better than Brady? He is no doubt an improvement over the past QB's of that team but I am not being a homer by being shocked by that statement. I think most non-Dolphins fans would agree with me.

I think Aquas responses are a result of the tireless BS that seem to permiate through this highly arrogant Pats board. It's not easy to get an honest opinion from a group of fans that think it's their right tol be SB champs every single year. The entire time the Pats were winning the division and SB's the Dolphins had DW and Jay Fiedler or AJ Feeley. Now the Fins have Nick Saban and Daunte Culpepper, but to listen to Pat fans we have the same talent we did just two years ago...because we aren't quite ready, just stop with the wishful thinking and deal with the fact the fins aren't the same crap team the Pats were able to beat just two years ago. It's like the Pat fans refuse to accept the upgrade in talent the fins have added on nearly every part of the team. Hello it's 2006 not 2004.

That is fine that you believe that, but us as Patriots fans believe the opposite. What makes your opinion more valid? Why are we spoiled brat fans for thinking a team will be improved but is not yet ready to truly challenge the greatest team of the 21st century? I don't think the Pats are only keeper of the division title as you say. I just don't think the Dolphins are there yet. That does not make me arrogant. Am I supposed to say a team is better than I truly think it is, because it often seems that if I give the team I happen to be a fan of any credit, it is dismissed as my homerisms, no matter how valid it may be. It is not a matter of arrogance, it is a matter of not legitimately and honestly thinking one team is better than the other. I have read several major NFL preview publications, and if I recall I don't think one picked the Fins to win the AFC East. The writers of these are objective, but are you going to call them arrogant too. Realize that not just Pats fans think the Fins aren't good enough to do it this year. I think Miami will be better than last year, and when I feel they are good enough to really challenge for the division title I will have no problem saying so.

Now heres where you Pat fans think you are allowed to think your team is worthy of respect...but no one elses team is allowed the same. I could ask you the same question about your opinion, because the Pats WERE a SB caliber team two years ago doesn't mean they will ever win another SB.The Pats won three out of four SB's, but have they done anything over and above what other teams have already done in the past?? No! As for your comments about the publications picking the Pats to win the division?? it's called the safe pick, wooopeeee!!! 99% of the teams they picked to win their divisions this year won their divisions last year. But if you watch ESPN and NFL Network some of them pick the fins to win the division this year. Regardless, predicitions mean squat.

Last edited:
Newsflash: nobody here gives a crap about the dolphins or Culpepper.
We just don't care.And most of us don't care to hear you whine on and on about how we don't aknowledge your big "improvements.
You live in fantasy land.
Same story, different year.

CrazyDave said:
Newsflash: nobody here gives a crap about the dolphins or Culpepper.
We just don't care.And most of us don't care to hear you whine on and on about how we don't aknowledge your big "improvements.
You live in fantasy land.
Same story, different year.

Awww, did someone take your nook??? go away you big bully leave us and our dreams alone. We are the best ever blah,blah blah,!!!!! Grow up!

Regardless, predicitions mean squat.

Then why do you two come here and say the Phins are going to win the East? Why don't you just leave us alone until the season is over? I'll talk to you then.

feelthepain said:
Awww, did someone take your nook??? go away you big bully leave us and our dreams alone. We are the best ever blah,blah blah,!!!!! Grow up!
Umm, go away? This is a site for Pats fans, last I checked. Why not go back to your Dolphins site, where you can discuss your team with fellow fans? And we can discuss the Patriots here.

Last edited by a moderator:
feelthepain said:
Wow, you're funny. Did i hurt your feelings? Guess the truth hurts.
You guys can continue to stroke yourselves, like you do every year at this time. Just don't expect us to help you do it. You guys are as predictable as death and taxes.
Dolphins = yawn.
Dolphins + Culpepper = yawn.
So, nobody on the Dolphins board wants to talk to you?

Did you guys ever watch Culpepper play? No I doubt you did, you may look at the stats now and cream your pants but you were never his fans, you guys never gave a **** about Culpepper until he put on his fish jersey and became a Dolphin. If you were asked your thoughts on Culpepper before he joined you, you'd problably be saying, "ohh he sucks, everyone besides the dolphins suck"

Last edited:
CrazyDave said:
Wow, you're funny. Did i hurt your feelings? Guess the truth hurts.
You guys can continue to stroke yourselves, like you do every year at this time. Just don't expect us to help you do it. You guys are as predictable as death and taxes.
Dolphins = yawn.
Dolphins + Culpepper = yawn.
So, nobody on the Dolphins board wants to talk to you?

Sure, CrazyDave and his two year old attitude. Every time a rival fan speaks up you can't take it. Just come to the Pats site and praise them, otherwise you aren't mature enough to discuss football. It's a shame they just don't give out the division title at the start of the season because I'm sure you'd be first in line with your hand out, "gimmie gimmie mine"!!!!! What will you do when your Pats are no longer the team to beat, throw yourself on the floor kicking and screaming because you didn't get your way?? We are as predictable as death and taxes?? You Pat fans are as spoiled as a child, can't handle a division rival improving and beating your Pats. Again...grow up.

feelthepain said:
Sure, CrazyDave and his two year old attitude. Every time a rival fan speaks up you can't take it. Just come to the Pats site and praise them, otherwise you aren't mature enough to discuss football. It's a shame they just don't give out the division title at the start of the season because I'm sure you'd be first in line with your hand out, "gimmie gimmie mine"!!!!! What will you do when your Pats are no longer the team to beat, throw yourself on the floor kicking and screaming because you didn't get your way?? We are as predictable as death and taxes?? You Pat fans are as spoiled as a child, can't handle a division rival improving and beating your Pats. Again...grow up.
Better yet, don't come here at all. you are a joke. For a nice attitude, read your own posts. you're not even worth the amusement anymore.
Don't go away mad, just go away. I'm sure there are other team's boards that would love to hear about how much the dolphins have improved.

CrazyDave said:
Better yet, don't come here at all. you are a joke. For a nice attitude, read your own posts. you're not even worth the amusement anymore.
Don't go away mad, just go away. I'm sure there are other team's boards that would love to hear about how much the dolphins have improved.
Ooooooooo the dismissal, complete with Motley Crue reference. Excellent job.

For a rip roaring good time you should read a game thread on FinHeaven. Either the Dolphins are winning the game, in which case the fans believe that every Dolphin player should be in the pro bowl... Or they are losing and all the fans are trashing the players as best they can. I really recommend it.

As far as the Dolphin fans go, why should we respect the Dolphins? They have been sucking it up lately. You sure as **** didn't show the Pats any respect back in the day when we stunk it up. Why should we show you any now? You guys are slowly getting better, but you are not as good as the Patriots. That is just a fact. Get an O-line and a bit younger on defense and then we can talk.

minvardar said:
For a rip roaring good time you should read a game thread on FinHeaven. Either the Dolphins are winning the game, in which case the fans believe that every Dolphin player should be in the pro bowl... Or they are losing and all the fans are trashing the players as best they can. I really recommend it.

As far as the Dolphin fans go, why should we respect the Dolphins? They have been sucking it up lately. You sure as **** didn't show the Pats any respect back in the day when we stunk it up. Why should we show you any now? You guys are slowly getting better, but you are not as good as the Patriots. That is just a fact. Get an O-line and a bit younger on defense and then we can talk.

Our average starting defensive age is less than a year apart (fins 28 pats 27) You are reading old material as we cut a lot of old guys last year namely madison, Tebucky Jones, and Juniour seau. The median age even supports this so please....try again.

As for the o-line our last year under the leadership of offensive line coach Hudson houck had 2 players average 4.4 yards a carry and was in the TOP five in sacks given up... so your thinking there is also flawed...try again.

And as i am prone to saying "Any given sunday" and please...respect is earned not given, so hang up all that respect BS.

feelthepain said:
You Pat fans are as spoiled as a child, can't handle a division rival improving and beating your Pats. Again...grow up.
The Dophins have not beaten the Pats for a division in a long time. Whether they improved enough or not is yet to be seen. We cna handle it when it happens. If just hasn't happened yet. Talk about growing up. Wait until your team wins the division, then do your bragging. That's the difference that you can't see. Maybe when you grow up yourself you will understand. First accomplish something, then brag. There is a name for people who brag before they accomplish anything.

At least hte Jets and Raiders trolls had a team that accomplished something when they came here. Your team has done nothing, absolutely nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes